Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. 05:49 - Mar 28 with 2704 viewsBenters

Say security services they are calling them 'combat hardened soldiers'.

To date only a fraction of those returning from Syria and Iraq have been prosecuted.

Surely these people are traitors and should be banged up ?

We live in worrying times.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 17:13 - Mar 28 with 750 viewsBenters

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:46 - Mar 28 by Guthrum

Where does this figure of 400 come from?

The sole source seems to be Sky News, who cite variously 'a security expert' and 'security sources', neither identified by name or organisation. Does not cite the "security services" as the origin of this number. How authoritative is this source?

If they're not tracking these individuals, how do they know they've returned?

Is this merely some guess based on estimates of those who went to volunteer (many of whom may not have ever got there) and who are so far - publicly - unaccounted for?

We have no idea of casualty figures among Islamic State fighters, but it is very likely to be in the thousands, if not tens of thousands after years of heavy fighting, commonly featuring suicide attacks. They'll be finding cemeteries and individual bodies out in the desert for decades (those of the First World War, in heavily populated Belgium, are still being discovered).

Quite possibly only a small number have been prosecuted because just those few have made it back in one piece from a war zone with there being adequate evidence (for a successful prosecution) that they actually joined and fought for IS.

You been on the meths ba ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:06 - Mar 28 with 718 viewsITFCRealist

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 17:13 - Mar 28 by Benters

You been on the meths ba ?

Benters, you got to admit its good news about the ones who aren't coming back cos they have been blown to bits in the desert.
More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:26 - Mar 28 with 698 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

sad that how many of the 'reds' on here think that trump and the right are more dangerous and despise them more than these as you say these traitors who should never be allowed back into this country or sent to live in a country under sharia law which they think is so fantastic.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:31 - Mar 28 with 690 viewsvapour_trail

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:26 - Mar 28 by Jonnosdreadlocks

sad that how many of the 'reds' on here think that trump and the right are more dangerous and despise them more than these as you say these traitors who should never be allowed back into this country or sent to live in a country under sharia law which they think is so fantastic.

House!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:32 - Mar 28 with 690 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 06:54 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

Sorry if fact doesn't fit with your ill-informed, hateful daily express agenda, but that's life.

More drivel from the Trotsky fan club. The "hatefilled daily express". Good grief how much is the "Morning Star" now or do they give if free to all the workers on the Gulags?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:52 - Mar 28 with 678 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 09:40 - Mar 28 by No9

Firstly it is a Sky story so at best dubious.
Secondly if the now PM when Home Secretary had done he job pproperly then we may have had sufficient security forces to deal with this?

I have had a meeting with police this week on the number of police where I live. From what I have learned, due to tory cuts, we have less than one police officer per 25 square miles and there are further cuts to come.

I have two thing to say about this post.

1) Sky news is usually pretty reliable. Hardly paper talk.
2) 1 police officer ever 25 miles where you live? Where the hell do you live? The Sahara desert?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:57 - Mar 28 with 671 viewsGlasgowBlue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 18:52 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I have two thing to say about this post.

1) Sky news is usually pretty reliable. Hardly paper talk.
2) 1 police officer ever 25 miles where you live? Where the hell do you live? The Sahara desert?

No 9 lives in cloud cuckoo land. Everybody knows that.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 19:07 - Mar 28 with 663 viewsArcher4721

Blimey I hate to think how you got through your life with the Irish problem in the past.
Login to get fewer ads

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 19:44 - Mar 28 with 641 viewsGlasgowBlue

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 19:07 - Mar 28 by Archer4721

Blimey I hate to think how you got through your life with the Irish problem in the past.

I'm not sure Irish paramilitaries were so indoctrinated that they threw homosexuals off buildings in the falls road or cut off the heads of young men whilst raping their mothers and sisters.

The provos were bad bastards but these guys are way off the scale.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 19:58]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More than 400 'former' Jihadi fighters are back in Blighty. on 19:51 - Mar 28 with 625 viewsJ2BLUE

I assume there are reasons why they aren't jailed. Monitoring them probably proves decent info to the intelligence services and when you think one terror attack has got through the net in a long time and that was a low tech virtually unstoppable one i'm happy to trust them to do what they think is best.

I will admit my gut reaction is 'hang them' but that soon blows over with a bit of thinking.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024