Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. 09:16 - Mar 28 with 7170 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I think most people tend to fall into the careers that they are in, but there is anything that people have got the itch to do before?

I always thought it would be quite interesting to work in an airport at some sort of capacity.

Poll: Best Football Song

on 16:45 - Mar 28 with 2311 views_

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:51 - Mar 28 with 2286 viewsLord_Lucan

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 15:59 - Mar 28 by tomo

The late night one is miles better. I listen to the podcasts every night but if they have been on days I sack it off. I tend to skip the first half hour anyway as it is a bit sport heavy. Some of those old Fleet St stories have me in stitches. Porkyvision is my favourite though.

I like Porkyvision and the Porky Quiz

Did you watch the series called "The Replacement"? It featured a couple of women and one of them was deranged but it wasn't until the final episode that we found out which.

Parry was attempting to describe the show and he spent 5 mins saying "Mad women did that and then not mad women did this, and the mad women did that and then not mad women did this" and it went on for ages.

Listeners were tweeting and saying "What the feck did I just hear"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:54 - Mar 28 with 2280 viewshype313

on 16:45 - Mar 28 by _

Never too late Libbers, I was chatting with a guy at the weekend who at the age of 33 and having spent 10 years a scuba diving instructor decided he wanted to be a Science teacher, hasn't looked back.

Don't ever think it's too late.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:55 - Mar 28 with 2280 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I have the best job in the world. I earn loads of money and fly all over the world getting drunk with hot women.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 16:55]
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 17:02 - Mar 28 with 2264 viewsITFC_Forever

Another one for Train Driver.

My Grandad and Uncle worked on the railways down in Cornwall, so I guess it's in my blood.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 17:02 - Mar 28 with 2265 views_

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:54 - Mar 28 by hype313

Never too late Libbers, I was chatting with a guy at the weekend who at the age of 33 and having spent 10 years a scuba diving instructor decided he wanted to be a Science teacher, hasn't looked back.

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 17:34 - Mar 28 with 2229 viewscatch74

Running a pub - can be the best job in the world and the worst at times, as you know RKD.
I was having a think and when I first started out with Whitbread in 1996 my assistant got his own pub starting salary £20000. I left managed houses in 2012 and some new managers were starting on about £24000 - it's a far harder job now too!
So I'm happy most of the time but ..

Would love to do something outside, park ranger/ professional sportsman!/ garden design.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 17:45 - Mar 28 with 2204 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 17:34 - Mar 28 by catch74

Running a pub - can be the best job in the world and the worst at times, as you know RKD.
I was having a think and when I first started out with Whitbread in 1996 my assistant got his own pub starting salary £20000. I left managed houses in 2012 and some new managers were starting on about £24000 - it's a far harder job now too!
So I'm happy most of the time but ..

Would love to do something outside, park ranger/ professional sportsman!/ garden design.

Indeed, I had some great times and picked up so many skills that will stay with me forever. It's extremely demanding though, and to be truly happy doing it you need to accept that it is your life, as opposed to it being part of your life.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:11 - Mar 28 with 2186 viewsDeano69

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 11:23 - Mar 28 by Reuser_is_God

Why anyone would want to take photos of models in lingerie all day is beyond me.

It really would be just to pay the bills....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:21 - Mar 28 with 2165 viewshoppy

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:11 - Mar 28 by Deano69

It really would be just to pay the bills....

And presumably, you'd try really hard not to take on too many more bills, over and above those already needing to be paid?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:25 - Mar 28 with 2163 viewsDeano69

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:21 - Mar 28 by hoppy

And presumably, you'd try really hard not to take on too many more bills, over and above those already needing to be paid?

Reminds me of the joke...

Me: £50 to take photos of underwear models all day

Mate: Doesn't sound like a lot of money?

Me: No, but that's all i could afford

Boom Tish!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 18:26]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:29 - Mar 28 with 2150 viewsDanTheMan

Archaeologist probably. Always loved History.

However I love the my current profession. Pays well, always great perks and I just really enjoy the problem solving aspect.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:36 - Mar 28 with 2134 viewsitfcjoe

Air Traffic Controller - annoyingly I was dropping out of uni just round the corner from it 7 years before I found out about it, and probably a bit quicker then on tests required.

On first go at process I got to very final stage which I'm told is rare, and everyone else at that stage I encountered was on 2nd or 3rd go. But I was 27, married and with a mortgage and about to change careers if I failed so couldn't afford to wait and have another go in a year.

Other than that, an architect - not someone doing little extensions but working for Lord Foster or Richard Rogers.....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:41 - Mar 28 with 2122 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:54 - Mar 28 by hype313

Even as old as 33 eh? That old!

Sorry, made me chuckle as I know people who have beanched out into something new in their 60s and 70s.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:42 - Mar 28 with 2116 viewstomo

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:51 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

I like Porkyvision and the Porky Quiz

Did you watch the series called "The Replacement"? It featured a couple of women and one of them was deranged but it wasn't until the final episode that we found out which.

Parry was attempting to describe the show and he spent 5 mins saying "Mad women did that and then not mad women did this, and the mad women did that and then not mad women did this" and it went on for ages.

Listeners were tweeting and saying "What the feck did I just hear"

I heard him describe it but had no clue what he was on about.

Have you ever been to one of the live shows? I am tempted go along next time they are down south.
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:43 - Mar 28 with 2121 viewsReuser_is_God

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:29 - Mar 28 by DanTheMan

Archaeologist probably. Always loved History.

However I love the my current profession. Pays well, always great perks and I just really enjoy the problem solving aspect.

Don't worry mate, plenty of fossils on here!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:44 - Mar 28 with 2113 viewsDanTheMan

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:43 - Mar 28 by Reuser_is_God

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:54 - Mar 28 with 2099 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:43 - Mar 28 by Reuser_is_God

Think you're muddling up archaeology and palaeontology. Clearly you never got an 'ology' (copyright Maureen Lipman some time in the 80s).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 19:29 - Mar 28 with 2069 viewsLord_Lucan

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:42 - Mar 28 by tomo

I heard him describe it but had no clue what he was on about.

Have you ever been to one of the live shows? I am tempted go along next time they are down south.

No but I have a DVD of one. I get the feeling I would be underwhelmed tbh.

When you listen to them you imagine their actions and expressions but when you see them it takes the mystery away. It also looks very staged. Having said that I would almost definitely go.

Have you seen the live facebook clips of the quiz? Not as good as the audio clips.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 19:45 - Mar 28 with 2052 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tree surgeon.....currently have felling licence, but no climbing, which works well alongside general garden maintenance . As far as climbing goes the mind is willing but the body appears to be giving up the ghost for any of it. If there was a living to be made from coppicing/charcoal burning etc then that would be even better.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 19:57 - Mar 28 with 2038 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Definitely not a brickie!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 19:57]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 21:52 - Mar 28 with 1988 viewsSonOfSpock

Most days i think it would be nice to do something where i don't come home wanting to hang myself. I don't believe in miracles however.
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:44 - Mar 28 with 1941 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I'd like to have sold fireworks.
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:53 - Mar 28 with 1936 viewsgtsb1966

The job i did do was a lot of the time boring, all the time tiring but very rewarding as I'm 51 and semi retired. The job I'd have loved to have done would've been an RSPCA inspector. The problem would've been, and why i would have got the sack, is that I'd want to mete out my own punishment to the lowlifes who thought it was ok to physically harm an animal.
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:59 - Mar 28 with 1926 viewsJ2BLUE

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 21:52 - Mar 28 by SonOfSpock

Most days i think it would be nice to do something where i don't come home wanting to hang myself. I don't believe in miracles however.

Same. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

I would love to be a writer. I'd also like to work for a decent charity. I have worked in a charity finance department before and was happy but it was a temporary job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024