Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. 09:16 - Mar 28 with 7168 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I think most people tend to fall into the careers that they are in, but there is anything that people have got the itch to do before?

I always thought it would be quite interesting to work in an airport at some sort of capacity.

Poll: Best Football Song

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 11:32 - Mar 29 with 1123 viewsDolly2.0

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:59 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Same. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

I would love to be a writer. I'd also like to work for a decent charity. I have worked in a charity finance department before and was happy but it was a temporary job.

Do you actually do any writing and submit it for publication? Might sound patronising/obvious, but if you really want to write you should, err, write!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 11:32 - Mar 29 with 1115 viewsDolly2.0

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 16:55 - Mar 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I have the best job in the world. I earn loads of money and fly all over the world getting drunk with hot women.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 16:55]

What are you doing posting on here then?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 21:34 - Mar 29 with 1059 viewsSonOfSpock

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:59 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Same. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

I would love to be a writer. I'd also like to work for a decent charity. I have worked in a charity finance department before and was happy but it was a temporary job.

I work as a Database Developer for a large Insurance company.

If i didn't need money I'd train guide dogs or go into academia doing research.
Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 21:51 - Mar 29 with 1036 viewstextbackup

Always really enjoyed DIY, all 3 houses I've had have been projects, have picked up various skills in that time and if I could change now I'd move into carpentry. Something so rewarding about starting the day with a pile of wood and then seeing what you've created.
Last week or so I've done partition walls, French doors, under stairs cloakroom toilet... been busy as fck but loved it.
Almost depressing knowing I'm back to the day job in a few days

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:05 - Mar 29 with 1017 viewsVic

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 10:58 - Mar 28 by RoyKeanesDog

I studied Creative Writing at uni, although did too much partying to graduate, it put me off a career in writing if anything.

We used to have writers come in and give talks and they were all doom and gloom. I still write for my own pleasure, and haven't had the enjoyment drained out of me by having to produce a load of drivel on a deadline.

It showed in your homeless blog.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 23:03 - Mar 29 with 977 viewsJ2BLUE

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 11:32 - Mar 29 by Dolly2.0

Do you actually do any writing and submit it for publication? Might sound patronising/obvious, but if you really want to write you should, err, write!

No. I meant write books to be honest. There's nothing better than a great book and i'd love to write a trilogy inspired by Hunger Games, Maze Runner etc. I have some ideas. I suppose there's nothing stopping me other than the thought it's not worth the effort as it won't be a success; the sort of attitude which doesn't deserve success in the first place.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 23:32 - Mar 29 with 959 viewsDolly2.0

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 23:03 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

No. I meant write books to be honest. There's nothing better than a great book and i'd love to write a trilogy inspired by Hunger Games, Maze Runner etc. I have some ideas. I suppose there's nothing stopping me other than the thought it's not worth the effort as it won't be a success; the sort of attitude which doesn't deserve success in the first place.

My point was that if you really love writing you'd be doing it already.

You shouldn't be thinking "will it be a success?" JK Rowling wasn't thinking that when she was on benefits writing stories for her kids in a cafe.

Do it because you want to...if it's a success that's a bonus.

Spend 1 hour less on TWTD per day and dedicate that time to writing. I hate to quote a corporate brand, but "just do it".

You have one life J2. Get your arse in gear! You have literally nothing to lose!

P.s. Work hard, make lots of mistakes, learn from them, edit, report back on here. GO!

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 23:36 - Mar 29 with 948 viewscaught-in-limbo

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 11:22 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Careers teacher: lawyer

Me: genuinely can't remember what I wanted at 16. I knew I would be successful though...

Reality: everyone's heard it all before

Careers teacher: doctor

Me: I wanted to be a photographer, but someone convinced me out of it somehow

EDIT:
Reality: Bearded trucker
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 0:35]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 23:38 - Mar 29 with 939 viewsAdmiralFunge

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 23:32 - Mar 29 by Dolly2.0

My point was that if you really love writing you'd be doing it already.

You shouldn't be thinking "will it be a success?" JK Rowling wasn't thinking that when she was on benefits writing stories for her kids in a cafe.

Do it because you want to...if it's a success that's a bonus.

Spend 1 hour less on TWTD per day and dedicate that time to writing. I hate to quote a corporate brand, but "just do it".

You have one life J2. Get your arse in gear! You have literally nothing to lose!

P.s. Work hard, make lots of mistakes, learn from them, edit, report back on here. GO!

Good post.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 18:51 - Mar 30 with 823 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 22:05 - Mar 29 by Vic

It showed in your homeless blog.

Thanks, although I could've done with giving it a more thorough proof read. A few simple mistakes that I missed when skimming through!

Poll: Best Football Song

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 07:03 - Mar 31 with 750 viewstomo

Jobs you wish you had occupied/would like to do. on 19:29 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

No but I have a DVD of one. I get the feeling I would be underwhelmed tbh.

When you listen to them you imagine their actions and expressions but when you see them it takes the mystery away. It also looks very staged. Having said that I would almost definitely go.

Have you seen the live facebook clips of the quiz? Not as good as the audio clips.

I have seen a few clips of them and you're right when you have the visual it seems far more staged. I wish I had gone and seen them when they were doing the small shows at Hen & Chickens as it would have more than likely just ended up on a night on the beers with them. I'm sure they have loads of stories that they can't get away with saying on the radio..

Going back to the original question, a radio presenter seems to be a good gig. Couple of hours a day talking waffle with your mate. Easy Money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024