Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silence is defeaning 09:20 - Mar 28 with 3246 viewsASAx

I'm usually the sort of person who doesn't read too much into things but having sat down to observe the spin the renewal pack had gone with one thing struck me.

Nothing from Marcus Evans.

A bit from Mick about how disappointing things have been. A bit from Milne repeating how unfortunate it is the owner has to put prices up. But nothing from the owner himself.

In a time when disgruntled loyal fans are plotting to cancel their season tickets and with this still being the clubs major source of revenue, which is directly linked to the potential success that we can have as a club and the potential return Evans will get on his investment in the club, he cannot even be bothered, once a year, to provide a few words drafted by someone else that he's stuck his name on.

If falling crowds, threats of non-renewal, poor performances, the threat of relegation, the majority of fans wanting the manager to go and 97% of fans saying they don't feel valued by the club doesn't give Marcus Evans reason to say a few words then can we really believe that he's allegedly as 'determined as ever'?

The club are doing absolutely nothing to try and retain supporters and therefore help themselves financially, which would obviously only be a good thing. I remain completely convinced that Evans has absolutely no interest in the club anymore. I can't see any evidence to the contrary!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 9:22]
Silence is defeaning on 09:22 - Mar 28 with 2767 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's never anything from ME though, so that shouldn't be a great surprise. He's got his foot soldiers there to face the music and try to catch the turds as they are blasted out from the fans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Silence is defeaning on 09:23 - Mar 28 with 2759 viewsFixed_It

Does he still go to matches as regularly as he did? Genuine question - that would be a good indicator.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Silence is defeaning on 09:25 - Mar 28 with 2737 viewsNo9

In reality only two people can change things = MM & the Owner.
If the Onwer is happy with MM then things will not change & we shall, if we go to PR, see Sideways Skuse & Wrestler Berra first on the team sheet.

To the Owner we appeal HELP!
Silence is defeaning on 09:26 - Mar 28 with 2731 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I have been anti-Evans for a long time now. January of LAST season was the first I remember posting my discontent about him. It's only got worse since.

People on the outside probably think it's just lazy when fans say their owner 'doesn't care'. But I geneuinelu believe that ours doesn't. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that he actually does care enough to give us a fighting chance of doing anything other than declining and subsequently dying a slow death by losing loyal fans.

I've said it before but my info (i know many people at the club) about the Dagenham striker in January. Mick was very keen. We asked how much. Dagenham said 200k up front roughly or little bit more with add ons. Marcus Evans took over from there knowing mick was keen. He offered 60k first and final offer. A week later we boggy Kieffer Moore for 10k.

For me, that last paragraph just about sums up why I think Evans is, by a mile, the biggest problem at the club.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 16:28]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Silence is defeaning on 09:41 - Mar 28 with 2653 viewsElderGrizzly

Silence is defeaning on 09:23 - Mar 28 by Fixed_It

Does he still go to matches as regularly as he did? Genuine question - that would be a good indicator.

YEs, he's there almost every home game and quite a few away games.

His kids haven't been as much recently, so maybe they are as bored as us!
Silence is defeaning on 09:44 - Mar 28 with 2637 viewsElderGrizzly

Silence is defeaning on 09:26 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I have been anti-Evans for a long time now. January of LAST season was the first I remember posting my discontent about him. It's only got worse since.

People on the outside probably think it's just lazy when fans say their owner 'doesn't care'. But I geneuinelu believe that ours doesn't. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that he actually does care enough to give us a fighting chance of doing anything other than declining and subsequently dying a slow death by losing loyal fans.

I've said it before but my info (i know many people at the club) about the Dagenham striker in January. Mick was very keen. We asked how much. Dagenham said 200k up front roughly or little bit more with add ons. Marcus Evans took over from there knowing mick was keen. He offered 60k first and final offer. A week later we boggy Kieffer Moore for 10k.

For me, that last paragraph just about sums up why I think Evans is, by a mile, the biggest problem at the club.

Saying "doesn't care" is just lazy imo.

Saying he can't afford to compete anymore with the top 8 or so is accurate however.

That's not a dig at you Rommy or protecting Evans, but just the truth of the situation now. The Dagenham story is false btw
Silence is defeaning on 10:30 - Mar 28 with 2535 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Silence is defeaning on 09:44 - Mar 28 by ElderGrizzly

Saying he can't afford to compete anymore with the top 8 or so is accurate however.

That's not a dig at you Rommy or protecting Evans, but just the truth of the situation now. The Dagenham story is false btw

It's not false from what I've been told

I did work experience on three separate occasions lasting two months at Dagenham and know a few people there. That's all I will say on it.

Silence is defeaning on 10:38 - Mar 28 with 2478 viewsSwansea_Blue

Silence is defeaning on 09:44 - Mar 28 by ElderGrizzly

Can't compete with the top 22 more like.

I think Burton are the only team to have spent less than us over the last 5 yrs. Not that spending is the whole picture regards a successful team of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Silence is defeaning on 10:49 - Mar 28 with 2415 viewsBlueBadger

Silence is defeaning on 10:30 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I did work experience on three separate occasions lasting two months at Dagenham and know a few people there. That's all I will say on it.

Did you also deliver Mick McCarthy's post?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Silence is defeaning on 11:04 - Mar 28 with 2369 viewsPinewoodblue

Marcus Evans is the same as any other supporter. He gets a poor return for the money invested. He just happens to invest. each season, as much as the rest of us combined.

There are too many people on the payroll, from MD, via MM and the playing staff, down to junior management level who while taking a good wage are under performing. Marcus Evans gets a poor return for what he puts in. He needs to change things before he considers putting extra money in.

his silence, or dithering, suggests he isn't sure what to do.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Silence is defeaning on 12:30 - Mar 28 with 2237 viewsIllinoisblue

Silence is defeaning on 10:38 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

Can't compete with the top 22 more like.

I think Burton are the only team to have spent less than us over the last 5 yrs. Not that spending is the whole picture regards a successful team of course.

that can't be true, can it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Silence is defeaning on 12:58 - Mar 28 with 2151 viewsRyorry

Silence is defeaning on 11:04 - Mar 28 by Pinewoodblue

Marcus Evans is the same as any other supporter. He gets a poor return for the money invested. He just happens to invest. each season, as much as the rest of us combined.

There are too many people on the payroll, from MD, via MM and the playing staff, down to junior management level who while taking a good wage are under performing. Marcus Evans gets a poor return for what he puts in. He needs to change things before he considers putting extra money in.

his silence, or dithering, suggests he isn't sure what to do.

Everything he's done (or rather, not done) suggest that he's a very poor businessman these days, no matter what he's done in the past.

There can be no excuse for the dirty, uncared for state of the ground, and particularly the statues representing the two people who most exemplify our proud past. Not spending a handful of £K cleaning those up is a visual advertisement to the world that ME doesn't care & is incompetent - what's the point of his name across the shirts inside, when the outside of the stadium broadcasts a message of "we are shabby"?! Totally false economy, in both meanings of "PR"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Silence is defeaning on 13:18 - Mar 28 with 2091 viewsASAx

Silence is defeaning on 12:58 - Mar 28 by Ryorry

Everything he's done (or rather, not done) suggest that he's a very poor businessman these days, no matter what he's done in the past.

There can be no excuse for the dirty, uncared for state of the ground, and particularly the statues representing the two people who most exemplify our proud past. Not spending a handful of £K cleaning those up is a visual advertisement to the world that ME doesn't care & is incompetent - what's the point of his name across the shirts inside, when the outside of the stadium broadcasts a message of "we are shabby"?! Totally false economy, in both meanings of "PR"!

The Swiss Ramble piece said we'd spent £200k on infrastructure in the last 10 years. £20k a year.

Because we are already making losses that Evans has to plug he's paying the bare minimum for this. But the bare minimum should include not having weeds growing out of things, rotten wood or statues of our two greatest managers covered in bird crap that's been there since 2010.
Silence is defeaning on 13:30 - Mar 28 with 2026 viewsRyorry

Silence is defeaning on 13:18 - Mar 28 by ASAx

The Swiss Ramble piece said we'd spent £200k on infrastructure in the last 10 years. £20k a year.

Because we are already making losses that Evans has to plug he's paying the bare minimum for this. But the bare minimum should include not having weeds growing out of things, rotten wood or statues of our two greatest managers covered in bird crap that's been there since 2010.

Quite. And £200K - on what??! I'd like to see a breakdown of that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Silence is defeaning on 15:02 - Mar 28 with 1882 viewsFreddy

Silence is defeaning on 09:23 - Mar 28 by Fixed_It

Doubt it, he spends a lot of time abroad, his foot soldier is usually around though
Silence is defeaning (n/t) on 15:09 - Mar 28 with 1850 viewsStirlingArcher

Silence is defeaning on 15:02 - Mar 28 by Freddy

Doubt it, he spends a lot of time abroad, his foot soldier is usually around though

not in Brazil though...
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 15:09]
Silence is defeaning on 16:27 - Mar 28 with 1768 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Silence is defeaning on 10:49 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

Did you also deliver Mick McCarthy's post?

McCarthy sent a scout to watch him

Silence is defeaning on 16:33 - Mar 28 with 1740 viewsBluebell

Silence is defeaning on 16:27 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Did you see the scout or have you just heard there was one there?
Silence is defeaning on 16:36 - Mar 28 with 1727 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Silence is defeaning on 16:33 - Mar 28 by Bluebell

Did you see the scout or have you just heard there was one there?

Seen a picture of the scout in the family stand at Dagenham

Silence is defeaning on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 1678 viewsKilburnBlue

Silence is defeaning on 09:26 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Mentions us making enquiries here for Oliver Hawkins.

Dagenham turned down a six figure sum from Swindon so i can imagine what they thought of our figure of 60K

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/sport/football/dagenham-and-redbridge/da

Silence is defeaning on 18:07 - Mar 28 with 1595 viewsPhilTWTD

Silence is defeaning on 16:27 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

That is definitely true, I spoke to Darren Currie, Daggers assistant manager, the day we signed Kieffer Moore about Hawkins and he was aware Town had watched him. Would surprise me if there was an offer, to be honest.

Might have enquired how much he would cost and if the Daggers had already turned down six figure sums I doubt Town would have been prepared to pay that much for a non-league striker. That said, a couple of weeks later they paid what was probably a similar fee for a non-league winger!
Silence is defeaning on 18:36 - Mar 28 with 1549 viewsLord_Lucan

Silence is defeaning on 10:30 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

You give custard cremes to dogs

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Silence is defeaning on 18:43 - Mar 28 with 1531 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Silence is defeaning on 18:07 - Mar 28 by PhilTWTD

That is definitely true, I spoke to Darren Currie, Daggers assistant manager, the day we signed Kieffer Moore about Hawkins and he was aware Town had watched him. Would surprise me if there was an offer, to be honest.

Might have enquired how much he would cost and if the Daggers had already turned down six figure sums I doubt Town would have been prepared to pay that much for a non-league striker. That said, a couple of weeks later they paid what was probably a similar fee for a non-league winger!

I'm only going from what I was told. 60k fee was the offer. And Town made it clear that would be the only offer on the table.

Apparently it was a few days before then Moore signing and mick was a fan.

I've met currie a few times

Silence is defeaning on 18:56 - Mar 28 with 1495 viewsPhilTWTD

Silence is defeaning on 18:43 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm only going from what I was told. 60k fee was the offer. And Town made it clear that would be the only offer on the table.

Apparently it was a few days before then Moore signing and mick was a fan.

I've met currie a few times

May well have been testing the water to see what D&R would accept.
Silence is defeaning on 19:01 - Mar 28 with 1468 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Silence is defeaning on 18:56 - Mar 28 by PhilTWTD

May well have been testing the water to see what D&R would accept.

Possible I suppose

With us having Moore now, and with micks future here in doubt, I imagine that our interest for Hawkins is done now.

I wonder about hugill (probably out of our price range) or Danny Ward though (assuming he's still at Rotherham?)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024