Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we really see happening this summer? 15:56 - Mar 28 with 4168 viewschristiand

1. Managerial position - Will MM stay or go?
2. Transfer budget, if any?
3. The number of season tickets sold

Going to be really interesting, but I worry we'll do an 'Ipswich' and nothing much will change. What do we all think out there?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What do we really see happening this summer? on 18:17 - Mar 28 with 2025 viewsjas0999

MM will stay. Evans won't pay him off. The question isn't about budget, but which players will move on and replaced with cheaper options. There will be a fee sale in there. Bart probably. We'll still get 10K season tickets. Sign frees and loans.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 19:32 - Mar 28 with 1993 viewsPJH

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:37 - Mar 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Unfortunately PJH, no matter how much we NEED investment, Evans just will not back the manager.

As for the OP:
1) Mick will walk. Don't blame him. I feel sorry for him almost taking the brunt of many fans' anger. Kenny Jackett to be appointed.

2) Of course we won't have funding. If he wouldn't back mick when we were flying, or when we desperately needed it, he won't back any manager.

3) 9,600

I don't know if ME will back the Manager or not,like you I would be guessing.
The next two windows are probably his last chances to back the Manager which hopefully will still be MM.

There is a hell of a lot of assuming going on at the moment,it could be that there will be no more money made available but it would be silly if that was the case.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 21:26 - Mar 28 with 1946 viewsScottCandage

1) Go.
2) No.
3) D'oh!
What do we really see happening this summer? on 22:05 - Mar 28 with 1920 viewsSonOfSpock

If we set expectations low,you can't be disappointed
What do we really see happening this summer? on 22:14 - Mar 28 with 1912 viewsJ2BLUE

1. McCarthy is 58. If he wishes to manage on I think he'll leave. If he sees us as his last management job I would imagine he'll stay and pad his retirement account with easy money in a stress free job. He'll have plenty of punditry, writing and speaking gigs to keep him busy if he chooses to retire from management. Really not sure on this one. If a gun was held to my head I think he'll be here next season.

2. I can almost hear Milne now explaining how the budget had to be cut because the fans weren't willing to invest. If we spend anything over £200k i'll be surprised.

3. 10047. We always underestimate and crowd mentality makes people say they aren't renewing. How many will cave? I think a couple of thousand hold out and 10000 renew.

Next season: 16th.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 00:06 - Mar 29 with 1870 viewsHarryfromBath

1. I reckon Mick will leave and it will be announced once we are safe.

2. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of Evans changing his financial approach this summer. Expect maybe one funded signing if we are lucky and a trolley dash in late August. I wouldn't rule out the late sale of another vital player.

3. The 10,000ish figure sounds about right at a guess.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

What do we really see happening this summer? on 00:32 - Mar 29 with 1842 viewsStNeotsBlue

What do we really see happening this summer? on 00:06 - Mar 29 by HarryfromBath

2. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of Evans changing his financial approach this summer. Expect maybe one funded signing if we are lucky and a trolley dash in late August. I wouldn't rule out the late sale of another vital player.

I think we'll do enough to stay up this year.

We need to sign Emyr Huws if he's available, Warnock clearly doesn't fancy him but I think he offers that bit of energy and movement we've lacked in midfield for a while.

But my worry is we'll get gazumped and next season is going to be an ordeal.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 01:00 - Mar 29 with 1812 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we really see happening this summer? on 19:32 - Mar 28 by PJH

I don't know if ME will back the Manager or not,like you I would be guessing.
The next two windows are probably his last chances to back the Manager which hopefully will still be MM.

There is a hell of a lot of assuming going on at the moment,it could be that there will be no more money made available but it would be silly if that was the case.

There's nothing that makes me think he even might invest

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

What do we really see happening this summer? on 06:42 - Mar 29 with 1770 viewsBenters

What do we really see happening this summer? on 01:00 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

There's nothing that makes me think he even might invest

Look at it like this if ME didnt go for it when in Jan 2015 we sat in 2nd placethat was our chance and we fkd that chance right up,he isnt going to if we survive this season in this league and sell a small number of season tickets is he ? He can then blame they fans for walking away and not renewing .

I am still convinced ME is bored sh1tless with the club,and is only using it as some sort of buisness which his highly paid accountants can use in ways we will never understand.

ME is running the club as a buisness and not Football club,sadly the 'family club'feeling around the place has gone .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What do we really see happening this summer? on 07:34 - Mar 29 with 1738 viewsCoastalblue

MickMac will see out his contract to get the money.

We'll sign a variety of freebies, one of whom will do quite well and therefore used as evidence on here that you don't have to spend money to get quality.

In January as we nervously look over our shoulders due to our inability to put the ball in the net we'll pick up a raw and available forward, people on here will suggest that a few training sessions with "TC" will turn him into the sort of goal grabber we are desperate for.

At the end of the season, having narrowly retained our status we'll have more conversations like this and wonder what the hell ME wants to do with the club

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What do we really see happening this summer? on 07:56 - Mar 29 with 1725 viewsTractorWood

1) mutual termination which in fact means MM won't quit because we gave him a too longer contract and ME doesn't want to pay him off in full. Meet in the middle somewhere as the situation is dire. Jackett will come in.

2) whatever he invests, it won't be enough to keep us competitive. More '£1m +' bids but we'll run for the hills when we get a £200k increase on the counter offer.

3). around 9k. Drop of around 3k, fully self inflicted.

Think we'll get relegated next season.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 7:59]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 08:06 - Mar 29 with 1716 viewsClausThomsen

1) It shouldn't be up to MM, he should have been sacked already.

2) Hopefully the new manager gets the couple of million we didn't waste on Conor Washington to beef up the squad as he sees fit. Hopefully the new manager will work better with what we have, Bishop and Dozzell in particular. It depends on who the new manager is, but we have to twist, if we "stick with Mick" we're only heading in one direction.

3) Again it depends on the manager. A real positive appointment will result in more tickets sold.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 12:09 - Mar 29 with 1659 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we really see happening this summer? on 08:06 - Mar 29 by ClausThomsen

1) It shouldn't be up to MM, he should have been sacked already.

2) Hopefully the new manager gets the couple of million we didn't waste on Conor Washington to beef up the squad as he sees fit. Hopefully the new manager will work better with what we have, Bishop and Dozzell in particular. It depends on who the new manager is, but we have to twist, if we "stick with Mick" we're only heading in one direction.

3) Again it depends on the manager. A real positive appointment will result in more tickets sold.

'Hopefully the new manager gets the couple of million we didn't waste on Conor Washington to beef up the squad as he sees fit.'

What 'couple of million'? Don't be so naive

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 12:35 - Mar 29 with 1639 viewsgerard1947

What do we really see happening this summer? on 00:06 - Mar 29 by HarryfromBath

Pretty much spot on I reckon.

I think Mick will leave, I've a feeling he will say, he'll think on it as the season ends, and announce it after his holiday. I hope I'm wrong it will be best have as much time as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised that we lose someone, my money would be on Bart late in the summer window.

10k if we are lucky.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:44 - Mar 29 with 1567 viewsMach_foreignBlue

1. McCarthy will stay unless there is a club coming for him. Why would he leave? ITFC under current regime is a joke of the football club where McCarthy has a free of pressure job. Easy income easy money so who would want to walk away from that? He would have been sacked everywhere else after the Lincoln debacle, here though Evans doesn't want to pay him off. ITFC is the least of Evans' worries, he hasn't been caring about the club for a long while and extra expense in paying off McCarthy isn't that what he wants.

2. Zero ! Nothing to spend ! He might get though 10k in 'very special' circumstances that would be some non-league player.

3. Just about 9000.

If we survive this season the next one will be a gruelling painful relegation battle. Evans I believe wouldn't be entirely unhappy if we got relegated. Lower league therefore lesser 'investment' and Northampton, Peterborough or Southend rejects won't demand big wages if offered deals by Ipswich.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 17:47]
What do we really see happening this summer? on 18:11 - Mar 29 with 1553 viewsClausThomsen

What do we really see happening this summer? on 12:09 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

'Hopefully the new manager gets the couple of million we didn't waste on Conor Washington to beef up the squad as he sees fit.'

What 'couple of million'? Don't be so naive

We had a bid of almost £2 million in for Washington, we were bidding for Hugill to about the same tune in January.

So there'll be a couple of million to spend in the summer, unless the club are full of sh*t (which I don't rule out).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024