Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we really see happening this summer? 15:56 - Mar 28 with 4186 viewschristiand

1. Managerial position - Will MM stay or go?
2. Transfer budget, if any?
3. The number of season tickets sold

Going to be really interesting, but I worry we'll do an 'Ipswich' and nothing much will change. What do we all think out there?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:00 - Mar 28 with 2117 viewshype313

I think Mick will go, he looks like he's had enough and Evans knows his style won't entice people to come and watch.

I can't see him giving anyone new a huge budget, his mantra recently has been as far away from that as possible.

I think as long as whoever comes in keeps us in this league without spending money, he'll be happy with that.

10,500 ST sold
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 16:14]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:03 - Mar 28 with 2098 viewsSmithy

I'd be surprised if Mick stays, would be nice when he went if he told the fans a few truths about what is going on rather than keep saying ME is great

Transfer budget will be 0 as per usual, not sure who this could entice as manager.

Season tickets will be around 9k

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:07 - Mar 28 with 2074 viewsKieran_Knows

1. Mick will go, Kenny Jackett to be appointed.
2. Transfer budget will be the same as per Mick's 4 years in charge.
3. Season tickets sold ... 9,874.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:07 - Mar 28 with 2075 viewsIpswichKnight

1. Managerial position - Will MM stay or go? - most defiantly leave should have gone at end of last season when the football was just as dire and 7th was a very very false position.

2. Transfer budget, if any? - going to play devils advocate here, maybe ME hasn't released the purse strings as he knows he's getting rid of Mick and not going to let him blow several million on players that a new manager wont want.... ok probably just dreaming so in that case it will be as little as ME can get away with!

3. The number of season tickets sold - around 10,000
What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:08 - Mar 28 with 2069 viewsGuthrum

Not sure. Don't think he will be keen on walking away.

Maybe up to £1m plus wages if a new manager, half that if not.

Nine to ten thousand.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:08 - Mar 28 with 2072 viewschristiand

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:00 - Mar 28 by hype313

I think Mick will go, he looks like he's had enough and Evans knows his style won't entice people to come and watch.

I can't see him giving anyone new a huge budget, his mantra recently has been as far away from that as possible.

I think as long as whoever comes in keeps us in this league without spending money, he'll be happy with that.

10,500 ST sold
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 16:14]

1. I'm like you Hype, think MM will go. He has hung in there knowing that ME is a tight git and won't sack him as he'll have to fork out on a deal. No idea who we'd get in, just don't think ME has the right people around him to make the right decision.

2.Bargain basements and loans again

3. 10,250 ST sales

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:12 - Mar 28 with 2039 viewstextbackup

1- he'll stay (it's his call, ME has no say in the matter)

2- fck all, £10k's and freebies

3- 8,500

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:12 - Mar 28 with 2038 viewsHerbivore

1. Mick will go and will probably be managing another Championship side next season.

2. Budget will be under £1.5m for permanent signings. We'll bring in a couple of freebies and loans I imagine.

3. Renewals will be just over 10k.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:19 - Mar 28 with 1995 viewstextbackup

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:08 - Mar 28 by Guthrum

Not sure. Don't think he will be keen on walking away.

Maybe up to £1m plus wages if a new manager, half that if not.

Nine to ten thousand.

If it'll cost MM and ME money you can be sure we are stuck with the dullard

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:22 - Mar 28 with 1987 viewsPJH

I would like MM to stay and would like him to have a sensible amount to spend in the summer.
There seems little point in MM staying if he has nothing to spend but even less point in someone else coming in and having nothing to spend.

I would hope that ME trusts MM enough to let him have the summer and next January with a reasonable amount to spend because I think the only chance that this club has of going up in the near future is with MM in charge.Hopefully the chance is still there.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:25 - Mar 28 with 1970 viewstextbackup

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:22 - Mar 28 by PJH

I would like MM to stay and would like him to have a sensible amount to spend in the summer.
There seems little point in MM staying if he has nothing to spend but even less point in someone else coming in and having nothing to spend.

I would hope that ME trusts MM enough to let him have the summer and next January with a reasonable amount to spend because I think the only chance that this club has of going up in the near future is with MM in charge.Hopefully the chance is still there.

Hold on, you want ANOTHER season of this utter dull defencsive boring tripe served up?! You are joking, right?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:27 - Mar 28 with 1959 viewsPJH

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:25 - Mar 28 by textbackup

Hold on, you want ANOTHER season of this utter dull defencsive boring tripe served up?! You are joking, right?

No,I have repeatably said that I am only concerned about results and not how they are achieved.
MM with the right personnel on the pitch has proved that he can get results,let him have the financial chance to improve the personnel which should in turn improve the results-as they say,simples.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:30 - Mar 28 with 1947 viewstextbackup

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:27 - Mar 28 by PJH

No,I have repeatably said that I am only concerned about results and not how they are achieved.
MM with the right personnel on the pitch has proved that he can get results,let him have the financial chance to improve the personnel which should in turn improve the results-as they say,simples.

But we've seen a number of transfer windows pass with fck all funding.... It won't, simply won't, change.

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:36 - Mar 28 with 1929 viewsPJH

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:30 - Mar 28 by textbackup

But we've seen a number of transfer windows pass with fck all funding.... It won't, simply won't, change.

My belief is that there has to be funding at some sensible level and if there is I think we have the best person to produce a challenge with an improved squad in MM.
I think he will walk if there is no promise of funding but if he is shown that there will be money to spend then he will stay.
He would not want to leave here on the back of what is and has been a very disappointing season and I think that he would love to have one more go at getting us up.
I hope he gets the chance.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:37 - Mar 28 with 1924 viewsportmanroadblue

1. Managerial position - Will MM stay or go? My hope is he goes, with a new manager annouced at the end of the season. Reality, he'll stay.
2. Transfer budget, if any? My hope, enough money to buy Lawrence and Huws with another £5 mill for a decent striker and creative midfielder/winger. Reality, we may get Huws, a couple of cheap lower league players and a couple of loanees.
3. The number of season tickets sold. My hope, 20,000 due to the new manager, money spent on quality players and pre season results. Reality, be lucky to scrape 9,000.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:44 - Mar 28 with 1884 viewstextbackup

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:36 - Mar 28 by PJH

My belief is that there has to be funding at some sensible level and if there is I think we have the best person to produce a challenge with an improved squad in MM.
I think he will walk if there is no promise of funding but if he is shown that there will be money to spend then he will stay.
He would not want to leave here on the back of what is and has been a very disappointing season and I think that he would love to have one more go at getting us up.

If there was proper funding, and he got us up, I'd apologise to his face, shake his hand and fall to knees asking for forgiveness

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:50 - Mar 28 with 1861 viewsPJH

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:44 - Mar 28 by textbackup

If there was proper funding, and he got us up, I'd apologise to his face, shake his hand and fall to knees asking for forgiveness

I honestly think that MM with funding is the best person to achieve it,hopefully ME agrees.
I think promotion would have happened if MM had had either Keane's or Jewell's financial help.

Got to go now because my granddaughter wants to use my computer.
What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:04 - Mar 28 with 1824 viewsBenters

1. MM wiil stay.
2 .Zilch transfer budget .
3. 9546 season tickets sold.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:06 - Mar 28 with 1807 viewsIllinoisblue

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:04 - Mar 28 by Benters

1. MM wiil stay.
2 .Zilch transfer budget .
3. 9546 season tickets sold.

i very much doubt we'll sell that many. I reckon somewhere around 8,000.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 1803 viewsITFC_Forever

1 - I think Mick will go. But it will be Kenny Jackett or someone equally uninspiring to replace him. Would love it to be Burley & McGreal or Darrell Clarke (and Marcus) from Bristol Rovers.

2 - Usual relatively low one. Possibly a couple of Ward / Webster style signings, but not enough to replace the likes of Berra, Murphy, McG etc.

3 - 10,000 or so.

And a relegation battle all next season (assuming we stay up this season).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:31 - Mar 28 with 1744 viewstextbackup

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:10 - Mar 28 by ITFC_Forever

1 - I think Mick will go. But it will be Kenny Jackett or someone equally uninspiring to replace him. Would love it to be Burley & McGreal or Darrell Clarke (and Marcus) from Bristol Rovers.

2 - Usual relatively low one. Possibly a couple of Ward / Webster style signings, but not enough to replace the likes of Berra, Murphy, McG etc.

3 - 10,000 or so.

And a relegation battle all next season (assuming we stay up this season).

Jacket rhymes with Hackett, that's good enough for me

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:37 - Mar 28 with 1727 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we really see happening this summer? on 16:36 - Mar 28 by PJH

Unfortunately PJH, no matter how much we NEED investment, Evans just will not back the manager.

As for the OP:
1) Mick will walk. Don't blame him. I feel sorry for him almost taking the brunt of many fans' anger. Kenny Jackett to be appointed.

2) Of course we won't have funding. If he wouldn't back mick when we were flying, or when we desperately needed it, he won't back any manager.

3) 9,600

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:40 - Mar 28 with 1712 viewsVic

I think Mick will go

Transfer budget will be the same as this year - which is why Mick will go. (I feel so sorry for the bloke)

ST's - 11k. We're a sadly loyal lot! Club deserves no one to renew really.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:40 - Mar 28 with 1713 viewssouthnorfolkblue

1. MM will go. He knows that the club is only going one way without major investment and he won't want that on his cv.

2. Nothing. ME will blame lack of season ticket sales as a reason not to invest.

3.9-10,000

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:51 - Mar 28 with 1679 viewschristiand

What do we really see happening this summer? on 17:40 - Mar 28 by southnorfolkblue

1. MM will go. He knows that the club is only going one way without major investment and he won't want that on his cv.

2. Nothing. ME will blame lack of season ticket sales as a reason not to invest.

3.9-10,000

If your reason for point 2 is ME's reasoning, I would ask where his leadership was to entice ST holders and general fans back for match days?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024