Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston 22:43 - Mar 28 with 3711 viewsTractorCam

As someone who regularly attends matches in this league following Ipswich Wanderers, when I saw the news story yesterday about ITFC season ticket holders getting free entry for this match, it was an offer i had to accept.

319 was the crowd today, bigger than the usual 150-200 they normally attract so a fair few of us got to see a fantastic attacking display from Felixstowe. Going into this I expected a much tougher prospect with the teams being placed 2nd and 3rd, but with Felixstowe scoring after 10 seconds with a brilliant chip from the right hand side, they never looked back and Gorleston couldn't break them down.

The main reason I love non league is the entertainment through goals. Most non league games aren't as one sided as tonight, but when it's 5-0 at half time and you compare the performance between them and us, it does make you think, why am i paying £400 for ITFC?

I'm sure everyone who attended tonight left happy and wanting more, and I will certainly be keeping an eye out for more offers in the coming weeks, as I imagine they try and suck in the Ipswich fans who aren't thinking of renewing.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 22:49 - Mar 28 with 2857 viewsDinnernotTea

I want to do a non league tour next season. Thing for me yes it's football and we all love it but the butterflies/excitement/noise of an Ipswich win at home will never compare- not even close. It's the tribal thing with Ipswich for me. Born and raised here and rightly or wrongly I love my town and it's football club. I'd shrug my shoulders at whoever wins at non league and that for me isn't football.

Anyway the tour I'm doing next season will be-
Wanderers
Needham
Leiston
Bury
Felixstowe

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 22:59 - Mar 28 with 2802 viewsBluefish

Come on The Hall

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 23:03 - Mar 28 with 2797 viewsTractorCam

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 22:49 - Mar 28 by DinnernotTea

I want to do a non league tour next season. Thing for me yes it's football and we all love it but the butterflies/excitement/noise of an Ipswich win at home will never compare- not even close. It's the tribal thing with Ipswich for me. Born and raised here and rightly or wrongly I love my town and it's football club. I'd shrug my shoulders at whoever wins at non league and that for me isn't football.

Wanderers
Needham
Leiston
Bury
Felixstowe

You are right, obviously being in an Ipswich end will always be better than watching as a neutral in a non league ground, as you don't get the nerves you do with town.

Non league obviously isn't for everyone, but you don't know until you've experienced it. That's a good little tour, being biased here but out of those Wanderers is definitely the best ground, best football you'd see at Leiston or Needham, i've never been or seen Bury so can't comment on that one

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 07:58 - Mar 29 with 2558 viewsHerbivore

I've been to Leiston a fair few times. It's entertaining enough, the quality isn't great and it's not THAT cheap either for 7th tier football and for me it's no comparison to going to Portman Road, but it's not a bad day out either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 08:25 - Mar 29 with 2516 viewsitfcjoe

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 07:58 - Mar 29 by Herbivore

I've been to Leiston a fair few times. It's entertaining enough, the quality isn't great and it's not THAT cheap either for 7th tier football and for me it's no comparison to going to Portman Road, but it's not a bad day out either.

Ditto with me, they are a good side but it is still £10 to get in and isn't the easiest place to get into. I sponsor their U18s kit as my contract managers boy played for them so got a few tickets, and it is a good club but too awkward to get to and have a day on the beers.

Needham and Bury are more convenient due to trains - but it is cheaper for me to have a ST in the North Stand than it is get the train to either and watch a game.

Admittedly Ipswich Wanderers is a 5 minute walk from mine - but the Ridgeons/Jewson/Thurlow Nunn league just doesn't do it for me as quality is so low

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 08:29 - Mar 29 with 2486 viewsvapour_trail

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 08:25 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Ditto with me, they are a good side but it is still £10 to get in and isn't the easiest place to get into. I sponsor their U18s kit as my contract managers boy played for them so got a few tickets, and it is a good club but too awkward to get to and have a day on the beers.

Needham and Bury are more convenient due to trains - but it is cheaper for me to have a ST in the North Stand than it is get the train to either and watch a game.

Admittedly Ipswich Wanderers is a 5 minute walk from mine - but the Ridgeons/Jewson/Thurlow Nunn league just doesn't do it for me as quality is so low

I saw Folkestone turn them over before Christmas. They were ok that night but nothing more.

The football in the league isn't too bad, it just lacks pace. And a tenner in is alright for a couple of hours out. Pretty difficult keeping the finances ticking over.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 08:37 - Mar 29 with 2466 viewssoupytwist

Wanderers
Needham
Leiston
Bury
Felixstowe

No AFC Sudbury?
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 10:39 - Mar 29 with 2359 viewsBlue_Order

Mildenhall Loyal.
Login to get fewer ads

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 11:46 - Mar 29 with 2304 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 10:39 - Mar 29 by Blue_Order

Mildenhall Loyal.

How are Mildenhall playing these days? Haven't seen them since moving to Felixstowe 15 year ago

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 11:47 - Mar 29 with 2303 viewsPhilTWTD

Eighty Town season ticket holders in the crowd there last night.
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 11:56 - Mar 29 with 2277 viewshype313

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 11:47 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

It's obviously a completely different experience going to local football as opposed to PR, but it does make you wonder if people are becoming disenfranchised with the club due to the perceived lack of care from the ownership, then would people find themselves pitching up at any number of local clubs?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:04 - Mar 29 with 2249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wanderers
Needham
Leiston
Bury
Felixstowe

It's only the lack of time spent supporting a non-league team that's the difference between them and Towen.

If you spent a couple of years following a non-league team instead of Town I can pretty much guarantee that you'd feel pretty much the same about the two clubs (certainly on match day itself). After all, it would have taken a while to develop the bond you have with Towen - I know I didn't have nay fierce loyalty on my first game (I think I played with my cars at the back of the concourse in the old west stand).

It's the great myth about football teams imo. People have learnt to fall for one club, they can learn to fall for another one. Maybe not as much, but certainly enough to trigger those nerves, butterfly moments and thirst for news when they're not playing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:15 - Mar 29 with 2230 viewsBlue_Order

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 11:46 - Mar 29 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

How are Mildenhall playing these days? Haven't seen them since moving to Felixstowe 15 year ago

Top of the league, mate. Were miles clear at one point. Wobbled a bit but seem to be back on course to close it out. I've only been down once and was pi$$ed, so can't remember if the football was any good or not.

You from here originally?
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:20 - Mar 29 with 2209 viewsusm

Appreciate what you are saying but its all funded by money. Once the money man gets bored and walks away it all goes to sh1t.

Money has fcuked up football in the UK all the way from the top to grass roots. And before you all pipe up, I am involved in grass roots football.

Nice day though, aint it.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:21 - Mar 29 with 2206 viewsBlue_Order

Speaking of non-league - I only found out the other night that one of my best mates (who I've known for 20+ years) is cousins with Matt Blake.
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:21 - Mar 29 with 2188 viewsReuser_is_God

Is that a lot more than what they usually get?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:08 - Mar 29 with 2137 viewsCaptainObvious

maybe ipswich town could call upon felixstowe and walton's technology to find out how season ticket holders are in attendance?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:14 - Mar 29 with 2111 viewsTractorCam

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:21 - Mar 29 by Blue_Order

Speaking of non-league - I only found out the other night that one of my best mates (who I've known for 20+ years) is cousins with Matt Blake.

He's the best non league player I've seen to date, scored 40+ goals already this season, like he did previous 2 seasons, mental

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:15 - Mar 29 with 2107 viewsTractorCam

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:21 - Mar 29 by Reuser_is_God

Is that a lot more than what they usually get?

Total crowd was 319, most of their crowds fall in the 100-200 range

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:19 - Mar 29 with 2091 viewsTractorCam

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:15 - Mar 29 by Blue_Order

Top of the league, mate. Were miles clear at one point. Wobbled a bit but seem to be back on course to close it out. I've only been down once and was pi$$ed, so can't remember if the football was any good or not.

You from here originally?

The mighty Wanderers started that, beating Mildenhall in the last minute when they were on a 17 win streak

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 18:00 - Mar 29 with 1960 viewsvapour_trail

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:08 - Mar 29 by CaptainObvious

maybe ipswich town could call upon felixstowe and walton's technology to find out how season ticket holders are in attendance?

Oh that's well played.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 18:05 - Mar 29 with 1947 viewsPhilTWTD

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:08 - Mar 29 by CaptainObvious

They and we know that, around 2,000 to 4,000 (that was the Burton game, midweek, just before Christmas, not scored for six games or whatever it was) not present for games this season.
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 19:40 - Mar 29 with 1883 viewsBlue_Order

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:14 - Mar 29 by TractorCam

He's the best non league player I've seen to date, scored 40+ goals already this season, like he did previous 2 seasons, mental

Guys a goal machine!
Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 19:42 - Mar 29 with 1879 viewshype313

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 13:14 - Mar 29 by TractorCam

Just turned down big bucks to move to Billericay, Byron Lawrence went and they've signed Jamie o'hara.

Apparently football league clubs are looking at him, gotta be better than Bajner or Best!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 21:03 - Mar 29 with 1811 viewsDinnernotTea

Felixstowe and Walton 6-0 Gorleston on 12:21 - Mar 29 by Blue_Order

Is he from scum?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024