Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? 07:36 - Mar 29 with 2440 viewschristiand

Thoughts....

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 07:40 - Mar 29 with 2426 views_

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:20 - Mar 29 with 2341 viewstaximan

on 07:40 - Mar 29 by _

as did mrs taxi,

all a bit too sad for me
Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:23 - Mar 29 with 2337 viewsmaccyd9

Thought it was excellent as was he.

Thought provoking and terribly sad and a gentle reminder (if one was needed) to make the most of every day with loved ones.
Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:24 - Mar 29 with 2325 viewstaximan

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:23 - Mar 29 by maccyd9

Thought it was excellent as was he.

Thought provoking and terribly sad and a gentle reminder (if one was needed) to make the most of every day with loved ones.

well said
Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:25 - Mar 29 with 2322 viewsKieran_Knows

Was a very good programme IMO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:32 - Mar 29 with 2281 viewsReuser_is_God

Thought it was very good.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:38 - Mar 29 with 2260 viewsCambonbleu

Incredibly thought provoking and honest.

If this documentary can use Rio's public profile not only to tell his story but to inspire and help just 1 other person in a similar position then it's all been worth it.

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:39 - Mar 29 with 2253 viewsGlasgowBlue

What does "a bit ITV for me" mean exactly?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:51 - Mar 29 with 2226 viewsclive_baker

Massive respect for Rio. Can't be easy to reveal all that on TV, I hope he and others in a similar situation got something out of it. He's clearly still grieving as I'm sure you would be. He clearly has the interests of his kids at the forefront and seems like a thoroughly good bloke. I would take him for a beer if I ever found myself in Bromley. Obviously he's paying.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:53 - Mar 29 with 2218 viewsclive_baker

Says the bloke with Will.I.am as his avatar

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:56 - Mar 29 with 2202 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:51 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Massive respect for Rio. Can't be easy to reveal all that on TV, I hope he and others in a similar situation got something out of it. He's clearly still grieving as I'm sure you would be. He clearly has the interests of his kids at the forefront and seems like a thoroughly good bloke. I would take him for a beer if I ever found myself in Bromley. Obviously he's paying.

I saw the ads for the programme and it looked very moving.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 10:57 - Mar 29 with 2060 viewshoppy

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:53 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Or is it Larsen Toure?

I know the two can be confused...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

on 21:09 - Mar 29 with 1927 views_

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 08:53 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 21:26 - Mar 29 with 1897 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't know much about Rio Ferdinand and I know nothing of some TV / Radio interview about his wife - something about how she is apparently dead now and he can't cope with that and his family in turmoil? I honestly don't know about the hoo ha as I don't follow mainstream news.

Is this the same Rio Ferdinand that admitted cheating on his wife (family) about ten times????

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 21:48 - Mar 29 with 1833 viewsvapour_trail

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 21:26 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know much about Rio Ferdinand and I know nothing of some TV / Radio interview about his wife - something about how she is apparently dead now and he can't cope with that and his family in turmoil? I honestly don't know about the hoo ha as I don't follow mainstream news.

Is this the same Rio Ferdinand that admitted cheating on his wife (family) about ten times????

Blimey, just Googled that, I don't remember that at all.

That aside, I'd say he's still likely to be grieving and having a rough old time. Not sure putting yourself out there after you've done all that is really the way forward.

And maybe when you've shared a dressing room with giggs you've a different perspective on morals and values.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 21:58 - Mar 29 with 1809 viewsVic

Hugely moving, and I think it will be a help to lots of people watching it. I certainly know a few people hat are going through the same grief, or lack of it, as Rio. So I'm grateful for him being to vulnerable and honest.

Then about 10 ins from the end I read Lucan's post! I'd forgotten all that and must admit having googled it again it does rather raise some questions about how he portrays himself in this film. He's not the whiter than white character portrayed in the program.

However, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until I'm proven wrong and cry a little more with him and feel his pain as a dad.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 22:06]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone out there watch Rio Ferdinand's documentary last night? on 22:03 - Mar 29 with 1794 viewsmutters

Thought both it and he was top notch. Feel for him and his kids, but good on him doing it.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024