Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Article 50 Day 09:09 - Mar 29 with 13111 viewspickles110564

At last all we have been waiting for. We are all now joined as one in the quest to make Britain Great again. We are all leavers!
Happy Article 50 Day on 11:28 - Mar 30 with 1612 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:00 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I ignored one of your points in order to pursue the debate in another. The main point you seemed to take issue with was the imposition of the Italian Prime Ninsiter. For some reason you availed or ignored the Greek Prime Minister.

In most debates people deal with one point at a time. The point regarding the Greek financial crisis would then be addressed once we had reached agreement in the first point. I had every intention of doing so.

Unfortunately you climax prematurely before the debate can take its natural course.

So that's how to debate now added to understanding the meaning of words you have to learn.

Always happy to help.

Truly a legend in his own lunchtime.....the Thesaurus should list 'Glasgowblue' as one of the alternatives under the 'condescending' list !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:32 - Mar 30 with 1606 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:00 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I ignored one of your points in order to pursue the debate in another. The main point you seemed to take issue with was the imposition of the Italian Prime Ninsiter. For some reason you availed or ignored the Greek Prime Minister.

In most debates people deal with one point at a time. The point regarding the Greek financial crisis would then be addressed once we had reached agreement in the first point. I had every intention of doing so.

Unfortunately you climax prematurely before the debate can take its natural course.

So that's how to debate now added to understanding the meaning of words you have to learn.

Always happy to help.

haha, you are priceless. It is perfectly possible to answer two points in a post - you often do yourself. So why all this nonsense? Just answer the point.

And it's YOU that needs to learn the meaning of words as I have shown above that swerve can also mean avoid.

Also I haven't ignored the Greek PM. I answered on both PMs 7 posts back!

This isn't going well for you Glassers.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:39 - Mar 30 with 1593 viewsNo9

Happy Article 50 Day on 15:43 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

I just linked two articles from the Labour supporting New Stateman and the Guardian you halfwit.

Labour supporting Guardian?

Oh, & why do you continue to insult people
Happy Article 50 Day on 11:40 - Mar 30 with 1580 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:28 - Mar 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Truly a legend in his own lunchtime.....the Thesaurus should list 'Glasgowblue' as one of the alternatives under the 'condescending' list !

He's a silly old sausage isn't he?

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:41 - Mar 30 with 1588 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:39 - Mar 30 by No9

Labour supporting Guardian?

Oh, & why do you continue to insult people

Do you have Dolly's reading problems. I said Labour supporting New Statesman and the Guardian.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 11:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:48 - Mar 30 with 1563 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:41 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Do you have Dolly's reading problems. I said Labour supporting New Statesman and the Guardian.

We've already established I don't have reading problems.

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:49 - Mar 30 with 1567 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:32 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

haha, you are priceless. It is perfectly possible to answer two points in a post - you often do yourself. So why all this nonsense? Just answer the point.

And it's YOU that needs to learn the meaning of words as I have shown above that swerve can also mean avoid.

Also I haven't ignored the Greek PM. I answered on both PMs 7 posts back!

This isn't going well for you Glassers.

You are right, you did mention the Greek PM. It was No9 who didn't. So apologies.

Maybe we come at this from different backgrounds. You as an ad man are used to throwing as many ideas into the air as possible to see if one flies. Whereas I prefer to deal with one point at a time.

If somebody says to me "I want X,Y & Z" I would deal with concluding X before going on to Y & Z. That isn't swerving or avoiding.

But this is tedious. As is you continually using the word swerve at any opportunity that I post.

I like you Dolly. You are a good poster. And when you left the board earlier this month I was one of the first to say how much you were missed. But by continually using the swerve word, even thought it doesn't apply, it's encouraged others to pick it up regardless of the context. That doesn't make TWTD a particularly pleasant experience.

And for that reason you are on now on the ignore list. Not the swerve list. Not the avoid list. The ignore list.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:55 - Mar 30 with 1548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:49 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

You are right, you did mention the Greek PM. It was No9 who didn't. So apologies.

Maybe we come at this from different backgrounds. You as an ad man are used to throwing as many ideas into the air as possible to see if one flies. Whereas I prefer to deal with one point at a time.

If somebody says to me "I want X,Y & Z" I would deal with concluding X before going on to Y & Z. That isn't swerving or avoiding.

But this is tedious. As is you continually using the word swerve at any opportunity that I post.

I like you Dolly. You are a good poster. And when you left the board earlier this month I was one of the first to say how much you were missed. But by continually using the swerve word, even thought it doesn't apply, it's encouraged others to pick it up regardless of the context. That doesn't make TWTD a particularly pleasant experience.

And for that reason you are on now on the ignore list. Not the swerve list. Not the avoid list. The ignore list.

Congrats Dolly you know you've got him beat/in a corner when he resorts to the naughty step !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:03 - Mar 30 with 1543 viewsKievthegreat

Sorry, but you're ignoring someone for "using the swerve word" whilst admitting in previous posts you're avoiding answering his point. Fine, you want to deal with one point at a time, but instead of then going to the next point, you're putting him on the ignore list.

Maybe I'll get put on the swerve list, but you're avoiding his point yet again!
Happy Article 50 Day on 12:04 - Mar 30 with 1526 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:55 - Mar 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Congrats Dolly you know you've got him beat/in a corner when he resorts to the naughty step !

The lengths he'll go to to avoid answering a point are extraordinary!

As I said earlier, it's the debating equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalala".

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:06 - Mar 30 with 1529 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:03 - Mar 30 by Kievthegreat

Sorry, but you're ignoring someone for "using the swerve word" whilst admitting in previous posts you're avoiding answering his point. Fine, you want to deal with one point at a time, but instead of then going to the next point, you're putting him on the ignore list.

Can you please link where I said I had avoided anything.

I said I had ignored one part of his post in order to resolve the other first.

He's not been put on ignore for using the word swerve once. He's been put on there for using it in the wrong context continually. I found it tedious and I have taken action to resolve that.

I'll take some flak for that today but ion the long run the board experience will be more pleasurable. It's a shame as I like Dollers.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 12:07]

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:06 - Mar 30 with 1520 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 1512 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:03 - Mar 30 by Kievthegreat

What's also hilarious is he doesn't usually deal with one point at a time. He usually lists many many points in his posts. This 'one point at a time' rule is something new.

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:28 - Mar 30 with 1489 viewsKitman

Happy Article 50 Day on 17:09 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

The Second Civil War was the result of a power struggle between the Presbyterians in Parliament and the Independents in the New Model Army (the latter also not having been paid by the former). Partly over their approach to dealing with the King (who played both sides off each other).
Royalists "having another go" and local disputes flaring up were added elements.

I'm not suggesting the scenario will be identical. But the various shades of Brexit factions disagreeing on the correct approach could turn the whole thing into a shambles, that's without adding in all the differing opinions on the EU side.

It will require a lot of nerve and extremely strong leadership to hold things on track. Does either side have that in sufficient quantities?

Ok Guthers.. I did read it as though the scenario would be somewhat identical. Thanks for clarifying that. No we don't want another 1648 that's for sure. Mind you with Ms Sturgeon stirring things up again north of the border, you may not rule out another battle of Dunbar!!

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:40 - Mar 30 with 1467 viewsKievthegreat

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:06 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Can you please link where I said I had avoided anything.

I said I had ignored one part of his post in order to resolve the other first.

He's not been put on ignore for using the word swerve once. He's been put on there for using it in the wrong context continually. I found it tedious and I have taken action to resolve that.

I'll take some flak for that today but ion the long run the board experience will be more pleasurable. It's a shame as I like Dollers.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 12:07]

"I said I had ignored one part of his post in order to resolve the other first", is avoiding the point. It's not saying you're not ever going to respond to it , but you are avoiding answering until the other point is resolved. However I don't see how you can resolve that whilst you ignore him.

Simple yes/no question, are you going to respond to his point?
Happy Article 50 Day on 12:51 - Mar 30 with 1433 viewsDolly2.0

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:40 - Mar 30 by Kievthegreat

"I said I had ignored one part of his post in order to resolve the other first", is avoiding the point. It's not saying you're not ever going to respond to it , but you are avoiding answering until the other point is resolved. However I don't see how you can resolve that whilst you ignore him.

The truth of the matter is he's actually put me on ignore so he doesn't have to answer it.

Being offended by the word 'swerve' (as opposed to 'ignore' or 'avoid') is a pretty obvious red herring.

Bit embarrassing really.

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:11 - Mar 30 with 1415 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 12:40 - Mar 30 by Kievthegreat

I had fully intended to deal with the Greek economy once we had resolved the issue of the imposition of unelected Prime Ministers on both Italy and Greece.

With him on ignore that ship has sailed.

You do understand the difference between ignore and avoid don't you?

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:12 - Mar 30 with 1409 viewsArcher4721

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:41 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

New Labour supporting you mean.
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:14 - Mar 30 with 1400 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:12 - Mar 30 by Archer4721

New Labour supporting you mean.

The New Statesman has been a Labour publication since before the words New and Labour were ever put together.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:15 - Mar 30 with 1390 viewsArcher4721

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:11 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I had fully intended to deal with the Greek economy once we had resolved the issue of the imposition of unelected Prime Ministers on both Italy and Greece.

Arf you really do consider yourself so self important don't you.

Just fess up and say to avoid answering tough questions from posters you put them on ignore.

We can all see through you.
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:18 - Mar 30 with 1382 viewsArcher4721

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:14 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

The New Statesman has been a Labour publication since before the words New and Labour were ever put together.

Maybe but none of them fully back Corbyn as you well know
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:18 - Mar 30 with 1378 viewsKievthegreat

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:11 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I clearly don't understand the difference so maybe you can help. Are you ignoring or avoiding the yes/no question I asked?
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:20 - Mar 30 with 1373 viewsvapour_trail

Tell you what gents, it takes some doing to take a thread started by pickles, downhill.

That's some going.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 1362 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:18 - Mar 30 by Kievthegreat

I clearly don't understand the difference so maybe you can help. Are you ignoring or avoiding the yes/no question I asked?

As he is on ignore I can no longer see the question he asked. Furthermore, as he no longer shows on this thread to me, I can't answer him directly.

So it's a no.

Had he continued to debate, rather than trot out the same tired acustaion, then the answer would have been yes.

Happy?

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:24 - Mar 30 with 1356 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:20 - Mar 30 by vapour_trail

Tell you what gents, it takes some doing to take a thread started by pickles, downhill.

That's some going.

I wipe dog sh1t off my shoe and pick up more as I continue to walk. Perhaps I shouldn't respond to Dolly's new representative on earth.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024