Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Article 50 Day 09:09 - Mar 29 with 13122 viewspickles110564

At last all we have been waiting for. We are all now joined as one in the quest to make Britain Great again. We are all leavers!
Happy Article 50 Day on 09:16 - Mar 29 with 4074 viewssoupytwist

No, from here the leavers have to show the future will be better than it would have been under the pre-referendum status quo. I can't wait for David Davis to bring the good news about our new arrangements with the rest of the world back from his negotiations.

Or maybe the remainers will start a political party that spends years and years seeking to overturn the result of a referendum.
Happy Article 50 Day on 09:24 - Mar 29 with 4049 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

out of interest, when was Britain last "great" just for comparison reasons like

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Happy Article 50 Day on 09:27 - Mar 29 with 4022 viewsWeWereZombies

Happy Article 50 Day on 09:24 - Mar 29 by WestStanderLaLaLa

We still are great, one of the world's major economies and still in the top ten manufacturing nations. We are just not quite as great as were yesterday - but still greater than we will be in a couple of years time.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Happy Article 50 Day on 09:29 - Mar 29 with 4015 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:03 - Mar 29 with 3956 viewsMattinLondon

Great as in Greater to distinguish it from Brittany
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:04 - Mar 29 with 3953 viewsbracknell_blue

Never been a leaver, never will be. Spent a lot of time working and travelling in the EU during my career, and it breaks my heart to see us turning back on our friends there.

Do you want to go back to the days of Empire, when we all knew our place, had not time for Johnny Foreigner and black people were savages?

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:04 - Mar 29 with 3944 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:16 - Mar 29 with 3904 viewsNo9

Can you tell us what you do for a living or, what your or your employers business is ?
Login to get fewer ads

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:19 - Mar 29 with 3889 viewsNo9

Happy Article 50 Day on 09:27 - Mar 29 by WeWereZombies

We still are great, one of the world's major economies and still in the top ten manufacturing nations. We are just not quite as great as were yesterday - but still greater than we will be in a couple of years time.

In a couple of years time all the wealthy Brexiteers who created this will be lying by the swimming pools at their Tax Haven residencies stuffing two fingers up, saying - "we got you"
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:19 - Mar 29 with 3888 viewslowhouseblue

is that it then? is it all done and dusted? i have to say it was actually quite painless. all those doom and gloom merchants - where are they now? at least that's the last we're going to hear about brexit for years and years.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:25 - Mar 29 with 3857 viewsGlasgowBlue

Out of interest when was the EU great?

A corrupt organisation run by and on behalf of big business which has created the tensions in Ukraine with it's expansionist agenda, turned it's back on millions of refugees until the scenes on our TV screens became an embarrassment, bankrupted the economies of Greece, Portugal and Spain, created the highest youth unemployment since records began, enabled the fascist far right to take a foothold in most EU countries and replaced elected Prime Ministers of Italy and Greece with their own Eurocrats - bypassing the democratic process.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:27 - Mar 29 with 3839 viewsRyorry

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:19 - Mar 29 by lowhouseblue

is that it then? is it all done and dusted? i have to say it was actually quite painless. all those doom and gloom merchants - where are they now? at least that's the last we're going to hear about brexit for years and years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:28 - Mar 29 with 3829 viewsSwailsey

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:19 - Mar 29 by lowhouseblue

Yep, all finished. No more impact.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:33 - Mar 29 with 3815 viewssoupytwist

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:25 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

A corrupt organisation run by and on behalf of big business which has created the tensions in Ukraine with it's expansionist agenda, turned it's back on millions of refugees until the scenes on our TV screens became an embarrassment, bankrupted the economies of Greece, Portugal and Spain, created the highest youth unemployment since records began, enabled the fascist far right to take a foothold in most EU countries and replaced elected Prime Ministers of Italy and Greece with their own Eurocrats - bypassing the democratic process.

I know it's a bit of a trite answer but it's been great on every singe day there hasn't been a massive war in mainland Europe.

I take your point on the other things though, but that's a rather one sided view.
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 with 3806 viewsMattinLondon

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:04 - Mar 29 by bracknell_blue

Never been a leaver, never will be. Spent a lot of time working and travelling in the EU during my career, and it breaks my heart to see us turning back on our friends there.

Do you want to go back to the days of Empire, when we all knew our place, had not time for Johnny Foreigner and black people were savages?

At the time of the referendum I got the impression that the country was going to vote ‘out’ and so I want really surprised about the result. I didn’t like it, still don’t, but that’s democracy. I think that within ten years — which isn’t really that long - the country will be on the verge of going back into the EU but time will tell if I’m correct on that one.

Personally I blame the ‘Remain’ camp for the result — Cameron and co came across as slightly arrogant and the whole project fear was a tad silly. It was obvious from the start that the Leave lot would target immigration and so a bit of positivity may well have added a few percentage points to stay.

I’m still surprised by just how insecure a lot of ‘patriotic’ leavers are in regards to their nationality. As if having a blue passport will make them more British — also calling it Independence Day — again pathetic really.
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 with 3794 viewshype313

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:33 - Mar 29 by soupytwist

I know it's a bit of a trite answer but it's been great on every singe day there hasn't been a massive war in mainland Europe.

I take your point on the other things though, but that's a rather one sided view.

But there wasn't a war between 1946-1973 when there wasn't an integrated EU.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 with 3797 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who said it was?

I think the argument is that some people believe in a future for Britain in the EU rather than some slavish devotion to the EU in it's own right. We are still part of it, so I don't see it as a them and us issue at all. Or didn't until today, so I suppose I'll now have to get used to the increasing divisiveness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:38 - Mar 29 with 3771 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 by Swansea_Blue

Who said it was?

I think the argument is that some people believe in a future for Britain in the EU rather than some slavish devotion to the EU in it's own right. We are still part of it, so I don't see it as a them and us issue at all. Or didn't until today, so I suppose I'll now have to get used to the increasing divisiveness.

We have always been slightly "out of it". It's one of the reasons we never joined the EURO.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:39 - Mar 29 with 3767 viewsNo9

LIES!
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:39 - Mar 29 with 3764 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:33 - Mar 29 by soupytwist

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:40 - Mar 29 with 3759 viewsRyorry

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 by MattinLondon

At the time of the referendum I got the impression that the country was going to vote ‘out’ and so I want really surprised about the result. I didn’t like it, still don’t, but that’s democracy. I think that within ten years — which isn’t really that long - the country will be on the verge of going back into the EU but time will tell if I’m correct on that one.

Personally I blame the ‘Remain’ camp for the result — Cameron and co came across as slightly arrogant and the whole project fear was a tad silly. It was obvious from the start that the Leave lot would target immigration and so a bit of positivity may well have added a few percentage points to stay.

I’m still surprised by just how insecure a lot of ‘patriotic’ leavers are in regards to their nationality. As if having a blue passport will make them more British — also calling it Independence Day — again pathetic really.

"Personally I blame the ‘Remain’ camp for the result"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:40 - Mar 29 with 3752 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:39 - Mar 29 by No9

LIES!

Very Trumpesque of you. Bust my lies then. I'll be back in an hour.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:42 - Mar 29 with 3745 viewsNo9

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 by hype313

Maybe you should take a look at this
https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/history_en
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:44 - Mar 29 with 3735 viewsBlueBadger

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:40 - Mar 29 by Ryorry

"Personally I blame the ‘Remain’ camp for the result"

In all fairness, Call Me Dave, George Osborne and Jeremy Rhyming-Slang are exactly inspiring, trustworthy charismatic figures you could get behind, are they?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:44 - Mar 29 with 3733 viewsWeWereZombies

Happy Article 50 Day on 10:34 - Mar 29 by hype313

But there was a Marshall plan, the OEEC (which became the OECD) and the ECSC. And then the Common Market. The direction of travel was pretty evident.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024