Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Article 50 Day 09:09 - Mar 29 with 13120 viewspickles110564

At last all we have been waiting for. We are all now joined as one in the quest to make Britain Great again. We are all leavers!
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:25 - Mar 30 with 1379 viewsWeWereZombies

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:20 - Mar 30 by vapour_trail

Tell you what gents, it takes some doing to take a thread started by pickles, downhill.

That's some going.

On the proviso that we are not dragging this thread further downhill I think you have just won post of the day...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:28 - Mar 30 with 1373 viewsKievthegreat

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:22 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

As he is on ignore I can no longer see the question he asked. Furthermore, as he no longer shows on this thread to me, I can't answer him directly.

So it's a no.

Had he continued to debate, rather than trot out the same tired acustaion, then the answer would have been yes.

Happy?

I think it'll be the best answer.

So moving on, your earlier post stated that the EU "Bankrupted the economies of Greece..." but the article you linked to states, "There is a great irony in a central banker being imposed as Prime Minister following a debt crisis fuelled by poor central bank decisions."

So was it poor central bank decisions in Greece that bankrupted them or the EU?
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:28 - Mar 30 with 1373 viewsKievthegreat

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:24 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I wipe dog sh1t off my shoe and pick up more as I continue to walk. Perhaps I shouldn't respond to Dolly's new representative on earth.

Does that make me like the Dolly Pope or the Dolly Lama?

EDIT: or the Dolly Llama

[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 13:29]
Happy Article 50 Day on 13:33 - Mar 30 with 1337 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:24 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I wipe dog sh1t off my shoe and pick up more as I continue to walk. Perhaps I shouldn't respond to Dolly's new representative on earth.

The world, twtd and beyond as Glassers would like it....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:47 - Mar 30 with 1325 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:28 - Mar 30 by Kievthegreat

I think it'll be the best answer.

So moving on, your earlier post stated that the EU "Bankrupted the economies of Greece..." but the article you linked to states, "There is a great irony in a central banker being imposed as Prime Minister following a debt crisis fuelled by poor central bank decisions."

So was it poor central bank decisions in Greece that bankrupted them or the EU?

Like all countries, poor decisions by bankers lead to the finical meltdown in 2007/08.

However, Greece was linked to the EURO. Unlike the UK they couldn't print more money or lower their interest rates.

The richer northern EU countries, primarily Germany, screwed Greece. Bailout funds were provided to Greece on the condition that it brought in the kind of austerity, that you'd be the first to condemn if introduced in the UK, which has kept Greece in economic depression ever since.

The Austerity was demanded by the EU, hand in hand with the IMF, without the offer of debt relief, despite the unsustainability of Greece’s long-term debt.

The Greek people saw their wages and welfare benefits slashed, causing a vicious circle which affected the country’s ability to service its debt. As a result, the Greek economy has shrunk by roughly 305 over the past 8 years.

The IMF have since admitted that ‘upfront debt restructuring would have been better for Greece’. However, this didn't happen because it was deemed ‘not acceptable to the Euro partners’.

Greece’s economy was sacrificed for the greater good of the Euro project.

Maybe too many words for dollers and unless he can verify it on wiki he wouldn't have accepted it anyway.

Edited out of respect to Kiev.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 14:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy Article 50 Day on 14:18 - Mar 30 with 1293 viewsKievthegreat

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:47 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Like all countries, poor decisions by bankers lead to the finical meltdown in 2007/08.

However, Greece was linked to the EURO. Unlike the UK they couldn't print more money or lower their interest rates.

The richer northern EU countries, primarily Germany, screwed Greece. Bailout funds were provided to Greece on the condition that it brought in the kind of austerity, that you'd be the first to condemn if introduced in the UK, which has kept Greece in economic depression ever since.

The Austerity was demanded by the EU, hand in hand with the IMF, without the offer of debt relief, despite the unsustainability of Greece’s long-term debt.

The Greek people saw their wages and welfare benefits slashed, causing a vicious circle which affected the country’s ability to service its debt. As a result, the Greek economy has shrunk by roughly 305 over the past 8 years.

The IMF have since admitted that ‘upfront debt restructuring would have been better for Greece’. However, this didn't happen because it was deemed ‘not acceptable to the Euro partners’.

Maybe too many words for dollers and unless he can verify it on wiki he wouldn't have accepted it anyway.

TBH I wasn't. I'm actually in a lot of agreement about the handling of the banking crisis and it's aftermath on the countries like Greece, although I'd say I'm more critical of years of lack governance both nationally and at EU level which ignored potential risks and the fact that many countries (including Germany and the 'healthier' economies in europe) continually ignored rules on fiscal policy.

The main purpose of my posts was to get you to stop avoiding the point Dolly raised.

PS. "Piece of dog sh1t"? You stay classy GB

EDIT: Accidentally said "internationally" rather than "nationally"
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 14:21]
Happy Article 50 Day on 14:23 - Mar 30 with 1275 views2blue

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:04 - Mar 29 by Luk38644

Bloody Brexit, causing the pound to plummet....

Oh.

Yeah. Brilliant.

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

Happy Article 50 Day on 14:48 - Mar 30 with 1248 viewsvapour_trail

Agreed, a shameful episode.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Article 50 Day on 09:25 - Mar 31 with 1178 viewsArcher4721

Happy Article 50 Day on 13:14 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

The New Statesman has been a Labour publication since before the words New and Labour were ever put together.

"Who will speak for Liberal Britain?"

Erm The Liberal Party.

http://www.newstatesman.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/2017_13_want
Happy Article 50 Day on 10:32 - Mar 31 with 1149 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 09:25 - Mar 31 by Archer4721

"Who will speak for Liberal Britain?"

Erm The Liberal Party.

http://www.newstatesman.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/2017_13_want

You don't understand the term liberal.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:21 - Mar 31 with 1124 viewsNo9

"Like all countries, poor decisions by bankers lead to the finical meltdown in 2007/08."

Not to mention dishonesty and downright crookedness.

How would printing more money have helped Greece? Would not that have just increased inflation

They should have introduce tax reform and collected tax from the rich when the poor had nothing left to give.

How big a part did the Uk bamks play in pushing the ECB & the MIF to enforce austerity on Greece>

How much Geek money was quietly shipped out and into the London property market ?
Happy Article 50 Day on 11:24 - Mar 31 with 1110 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Article 50 Day on 11:21 - Mar 31 by No9

"Like all countries, poor decisions by bankers lead to the finical meltdown in 2007/08."

Not to mention dishonesty and downright crookedness.

How would printing more money have helped Greece? Would not that have just increased inflation

They should have introduce tax reform and collected tax from the rich when the poor had nothing left to give.

How big a part did the Uk bamks play in pushing the ECB & the MIF to enforce austerity on Greece>

How much Geek money was quietly shipped out and into the London property market ?

How would printing more money have helped Greece?

It's exactly what the Brown government did, alongside lowering interest rates, in this country.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024