Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of a rumour ......just saying 10:30 - Mar 29 with 4943 viewsbackwaywhen

Harry redknapp in as Director of football , baby sitting Frank Lampard in his first managerial job ....Dont shoot the messenger !
Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:02 - Mar 29 with 1457 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn't be unhappy with that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:06 - Mar 29 with 1435 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harry ******* Redknapp?! Jeez.

Entirely believable, sadly, that after being a miser in the transfer market for 5 years that ME would do a u-turn and p1ss his fortune up the wall by giving it to ol 'arry.

It's the sort of illogical long-term lack of planning I'm starting to expect from the club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:09 - Mar 29 with 1428 viewsLord_Lucan

Not sure why people post this stuff.

In the extremely unlikely event it was true do you or your friend know anyone high enough to know this? Bearing in mind that only ME would know - possibly Milne and Mi k Mac but even that's not guaranteed.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:15 - Mar 29 with 1393 viewsbackwaywhen

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:09 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure why people post this stuff.

In the extremely unlikely event it was true do you or your friend know anyone high enough to know this? Bearing in mind that only ME would know - possibly Milne and Mi k Mac but even that's not guaranteed.

Not necessarily so ..if the wheels of industry have already started to turn !
Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:19 - Mar 29 with 1368 viewsSuperfrans

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 12:10 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

Marcus needs bums on seats asap so a Keanesque appointment would be expected.

Maybe not in the best interests of the team but certainly on the best interests of the season ticket sales.

It could go either way - another big money manager to sell season tickets, or a low budget manager to help compensate for the reduction in ST sales.

On the basis that any ST bump may only be temporary vs a 3 year managerial contract, he may be more likely to go for a less high profile name, on lower salary, to build the club.

For what it's worth, I reckon we need a long term approach. Not a manager to take us up next year, but a manager to build a squad, play the youngsters, develop a team and playing style to target promotion in 2018-19 and 19-20. That way we bring the STs back over a period of progressive success.

This all points towards a manager from the lower reaches of the league pyramid, or someone out of a job - rather than someone in a Championship job.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:22 - Mar 29 with 1352 viewsyorkshireblue

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 10:37 - Mar 29 by connorscontract

So Harry Redknapp, who, by his own testimony in court, is utterly innumerate, would be put in charge of things like player budgets and contract negotiations?

Let's just say I'd be surprised.

And that's before we get to Frank and Harry's salary demands.

I expect our budget to go down next season, not up, whereas if this happens it would indicate that Evans is going to invest heavily.

I don't think it's very likely.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 10:38]

He also said in court he couldn't send a text message.... but later in interview said that the England players were texting him saying they wanted him to be the England manager.

Like everyone, I very much doubt this is true (although isn't ME on record as saying Harry advised him on the MM appointment?)... but for those one or two saying they wouldn't be opposed to this, then I recommend this book https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Broken-Dreams-Souring-British-Football/18473900
Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:23 - Mar 29 with 1345 viewsBluebell

Do you really expect us to believe that.

Just because Harry is Frank Lampard's uncle doesn't mean he has to do this for him. It's not Norwich for goodness sake!

Here they are being interviewed by ME and Milne................

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 13:54 - Mar 29 with 1280 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

April the first is Saturday. 😃
Login to get fewer ads

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 14:00 - Apr 5 with 1104 viewsbackwaywhen

No news is good news ........
Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 14:15 - Apr 5 with 1069 viewsLord_Lucan

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 14:00 - Apr 5 by backwaywhen

No news is good news ........

No news is no news

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bit of a rumour ......just saying on 15:29 - Apr 5 with 1000 viewsRadlett_blue

Marcus Evans has been fairly consistent in his "football strategy" so far. It's also been made pretty clear over the past few years that he isn't going to throw much money at Town. Not hard to think that he'd sell up, but as a businessman won't accept a knock down price. So hence no new deal for Mick & once our Championship future is secure, he just might get an acceptable offer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024