Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OVERPAID TAX? 11:47 - Mar 29 with 1778 viewsITFC1983

Hi All,

Just had my final pay packet for this financial year. By entering in my details into listentotaxman.com it is showing that I have paid over £200 more tax and £130 more NI than I was supposed to!

Anyone know the process of checking this and getting it back if I have over paid?

Cheers
Adam

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

OVERPAID TAX? on 11:50 - Mar 29 with 1743 viewsWeWereZombies

I have never heard of listentotaxman.com and am not going to log on to that to find out, if this is genuine your first port of call should be the payroll person at your employer. Over or underpaying tax is not that unusual but getting the NI wrong!

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

OVERPAID TAX? on 11:55 - Mar 29 with 1710 viewsconnorscontract

Did you change jobs during the year? Or start the job part way through the year?
OVERPAID TAX? on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 1693 viewsgtsb1966

You've left an i out. You clicked on Listen to Taximan. You actually owe them £330. Sorry Taximan...Couldn't help that one
OVERPAID TAX? on 12:09 - Mar 29 with 1660 viewsITFC1983

OVERPAID TAX? on 11:55 - Mar 29 by connorscontract

Did you change jobs during the year? Or start the job part way through the year?

Nope same job, got a lump bonus in Jan pay, but I get that every year!

Never checked before! I have Chilcare Vouchers to the tune of £243 a month deducted and a minimal pension contribution but I didn't think it looked right.

I have effectively paid 22.16% tax after the tax free allowance!

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:11 - Mar 29 with 1641 viewsnoggin

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:09 - Mar 29 by ITFC1983

Nope same job, got a lump bonus in Jan pay, but I get that every year!

Never checked before! I have Chilcare Vouchers to the tune of £243 a month deducted and a minimal pension contribution but I didn't think it looked right.

I have effectively paid 22.16% tax after the tax free allowance!

Is that website willing to help you get a refund, if you pay them?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:13 - Mar 29 with 1636 viewsGuthrum

Friend of mine had a text (before submitting his Self Assesment form) saying that he was owed a tax rebate. Looking closely, it was an definite - but reasonably well disguised - scam.

There was overpaid tax, but it was all handled automatically after his SA submission, calculated and paid into his bank.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:13 - Mar 29 with 1630 viewsITFC1983

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:11 - Mar 29 by noggin

Is that website willing to help you get a refund, if you pay them?

No just purely calculates it by the look of it. Check on moneysaving expert and although it doesn't come back with the exact same result it also looks like I have overpaid.

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:19 - Mar 29 with 1602 viewsgtsb1966

https://www.taxback.com/blog/use-your-p60-to-get-a-tax-refund
Login to get fewer ads

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:28 - Mar 29 with 1573 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hi,
Complete a self assessment tax return. You will need to register to do so through the HMRC website.
OVERPAID TAX? on 12:29 - Mar 29 with 1566 viewsITFC1983

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:28 - Mar 29 by PrideOfTheEast

Hi,
Complete a self assessment tax return. You will need to register to do so through the HMRC website.

But if I am in employment as a full time worker do I need to do that? I don't get any other income from elsewhere and it just doesn't make sense!

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:56 - Mar 29 with 1486 viewsWeWereZombies

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:29 - Mar 29 by ITFC1983

But if I am in employment as a full time worker do I need to do that? I don't get any other income from elsewhere and it just doesn't make sense!

And it will not help you with the Ni you think you have overpaid - as before, I advise you to contact the payroll department of your employer in the first instance.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 13:02]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:59 - Mar 29 with 1475 viewsDoobDude

OVERPAID TAX? on 12:29 - Mar 29 by ITFC1983

Happened to me a few times when I was in PAYE and the Inland Revenue used to send me a cheque in May/June.

I'd also try a few other PAYE calculator websites to confirm your findings.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

OVERPAID TAX? on 14:00 - Mar 29 with 1366 viewsBlueBadger

OVERPAID TAX? on 11:50 - Mar 29 by WeWereZombies

I have never heard of listentotaxman.com and am not going to log on to that to find out, if this is genuine your first port of call should be the payroll person at your employer. Over or underpaying tax is not that unusual but getting the NI wrong!

You should definitely ignore any advice from taximan...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

OVERPAID TAX? on 14:14 - Mar 29 with 1352 viewsVaughan8

Firstly, are you using the correct tax year on listetothetaxman website. I know it has numerous years on there and it may be silly but it can be easily done.

The tax should be the same as the calculation as this is worked on a accumulative basis in most cases.
Can you confirm your tax code is 1100L? This should be on your payslip somewhere.

NI is slightly different. This is worked on on a month by month basis (or week by week if paid weekly).
That calculator will assume your gross pay is the same each month. However, I see you got a bonus and therefore you would have had at least one month which is not "regular". Does your pay change each month or was it just the one month with the bonus?

Without actual figures each month etc it is hard to explain/work out. Feel free to PM me if you want any further help!
OVERPAID TAX? on 14:38 - Mar 29 with 1310 viewsITFC1983

OVERPAID TAX? on 14:14 - Mar 29 by Vaughan8

Firstly, are you using the correct tax year on listetothetaxman website. I know it has numerous years on there and it may be silly but it can be easily done.

The tax should be the same as the calculation as this is worked on a accumulative basis in most cases.
Can you confirm your tax code is 1100L? This should be on your payslip somewhere.

NI is slightly different. This is worked on on a month by month basis (or week by week if paid weekly).
That calculator will assume your gross pay is the same each month. However, I see you got a bonus and therefore you would have had at least one month which is not "regular". Does your pay change each month or was it just the one month with the bonus?

Without actual figures each month etc it is hard to explain/work out. Feel free to PM me if you want any further help!

I have sent you a PM, cheers :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024