Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? 12:41 - Mar 29 with 4528 viewsSitfcB

...and worth a dabble each way?

Sky Bet paying 8 places.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 20:00 - Mar 29 with 1270 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 19:44 - Mar 29 by BriggEnd

Bubba Watson horses for courses Boom Time pressure is off him again not been defending champion.

I only watch and have a bet on the four majors but has three last year win - Willett, Dustin Johnson and Stenson.

I start with a shortlist of 10 when selecting my bets and this year that shortlist was:
DJ - left him out as 5/1 is short for a masters
Fowler - will back at 28/1 as main bet
Reed - always back him for majors
Kuchar - always back him for majors
Casey - will back at 40/1
Rahm - great season but 20/1 for a rookie is too skinny for me. Flying ATM though.
Thomas - very nearly played him instead of..
Kjeldson - plays well in majors and 175/1 looked a bit big for a tiny stake bet
Kaymer - been better recently and is a man for the majors
Matsuyama - like Thomas, I left him out but am expecting a planing tournament.

So my final masters bets went:
Fowler - 2.5 points each way @ 28/1
Casey - 1 point each way @ 40/1
Reed - 0.5 point each way @ 60/1
Kuchar - 0.5 point each way @ 70/1
Kaymer - 0.25 point each way @ 125/1
Kjeldson - 0.25 point each way @ 175/1

10 point spend.

Will decide on stakes next week but probably just a £10 or £15 total

That's how I do my bets for the majors and then sit back and watch during the night.

Good luck all

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 20:04 - Mar 29 with 1260 viewscatch74

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 19:05 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Rickie Fowler at 28/1 main bet - playing well. Loves it round Augusta. This is his year.

And then something on Paul Casey 40/1 - in good form during the match play and looks set for a big tournament.

Reed 60/1 and Kuchar 70/1 I back for every major for a couple of quid. Adamant they will win a major at some point. Reed has placed a few times though so he's done well for me.

Kaymer 125/1 for tiny stake
Kjeldson 175/1 for tiny stake

Kaymer - at those odds, might join you with a small bet.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 20:16 - Mar 29 with 1250 viewsDennyx4

No outside tips, but I have done Rose, Stenson and Watson.
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 21:56 - Mar 29 with 1227 viewsbluebud

Thomas Pieters for me.....real live outsider
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:13 - Mar 29 with 1207 viewsSarge

Well if I can come through the next round of exams ok, the thesis shouldn't give me too much grief and I should be home and dry. I'll say 2/1.
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:16 - Mar 29 with 1206 viewsstrikalite

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 19:06 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

This is the first year I've backed Casey

He was 40/1 when I last checked yesterday

I'll end up doing about five, some E/W obviously, yeah Casey 40's isn't bad, as you say playing well, just looked at Els at 300/1 at Corals, so much experience, as an E/W obviously, won't win it..

I'll do..

Casey(only because i always back him and I'd kill myself if he somehow did) win only though...40/1
Zach Johnson...100/1 good value for E/W
Oosthuizen 50/1....win only
Els...300/1, is he really playing that bad? Not kept up with it recently....50p E/W

Stenson, Rose, Adam Scott all good each way bets, but for me not worth it at 25/1 ish....small outlays for me..
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 22:21]
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:20 - Mar 29 with 1198 viewspistonbroke

Bubba
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:36 - Mar 29 with 1180 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:16 - Mar 29 by strikalite

I'll end up doing about five, some E/W obviously, yeah Casey 40's isn't bad, as you say playing well, just looked at Els at 300/1 at Corals, so much experience, as an E/W obviously, won't win it..

I'll do..

Casey(only because i always back him and I'd kill myself if he somehow did) win only though...40/1
Zach Johnson...100/1 good value for E/W
Oosthuizen 50/1....win only
Els...300/1, is he really playing that bad? Not kept up with it recently....50p E/W

Stenson, Rose, Adam Scott all good each way bets, but for me not worth it at 25/1 ish....small outlays for me..
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 22:21]

100s on ZJ is a good price. MIGHT have a small bit on possibly if he starts ok

Adam Scott is one of the few I would rule out entirely. Since the long putter was banned, he is now too unreliable on the greens. For him to put four good putting rounds in round Augusta would be nothing short of a miracle.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:46 - Mar 29 with 1167 viewsstrikalite

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:36 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

100s on ZJ is a good price. MIGHT have a small bit on possibly if he starts ok

Adam Scott is one of the few I would rule out entirely. Since the long putter was banned, he is now too unreliable on the greens. For him to put four good putting rounds in round Augusta would be nothing short of a miracle.

True re Scott, wonderfully cool head though, long and straight, still good odds for a reason...but yeah the 'ol putter may let him down certainly to win it..

Who knows Rommy, love watching it though...

If i had some ba!!$ about me I'd stick a grand on Dustin Johnson E/W, playing really well and surely can't fail not to make an E/W place!
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:53 - Mar 29 with 1152 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:46 - Mar 29 by strikalite

True re Scott, wonderfully cool head though, long and straight, still good odds for a reason...but yeah the 'ol putter may let him down certainly to win it..

Who knows Rommy, love watching it though...

If i had some ba!!$ about me I'd stick a grand on Dustin Johnson E/W, playing really well and surely can't fail not to make an E/W place!

Christ! People moan at me on here if I have twenty quid on a horse

Let alone a grand. Haha

Just realised I placed a few of my masters bets last night with Bl00dy bet365 and they're only playing 5 places. B0llocks

Will put my main bet on him with Skybet now I know

8 places is a cracking offer

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 13:12 - Mar 30 with 1104 viewscodiblue

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 22:53 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Christ! People moan at me on here if I have twenty quid on a horse

Let alone a grand. Haha

Just realised I placed a few of my masters bets last night with Bl00dy bet365 and they're only playing 5 places. B0llocks

Will put my main bet on him with Skybet now I know

8 places is a cracking offer

Bryson de Chambeau (check spelling) @300/1
Was top Amateur last year and playing ok at the mo.
Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 13:13 - Mar 30 with 1104 viewsCaptainObvious

Terry Griffiths

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 14:17 - Mar 30 with 1077 viewsclive_baker

I would've said Gary Woodland but I know he's just lost a kid. It might inspire him, or completely wreck his head which, of course, you could understand.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 21:07 - Apr 7 with 986 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone got a decent outside shout for the masters...? on 19:05 - Mar 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Rickie Fowler at 28/1 main bet - playing well. Loves it round Augusta. This is his year.

And then something on Paul Casey 40/1 - in good form during the match play and looks set for a big tournament.

Reed 60/1 and Kuchar 70/1 I back for every major for a couple of quid. Adamant they will win a major at some point. Reed has placed a few times though so he's done well for me.

Kaymer 125/1 for tiny stake
Kjeldson 175/1 for tiny stake

Fowler is 9/2 favourite

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024