Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Naming Rights 13:15 - Mar 29 with 4886 viewsASAx

Why on earth have we not done this yet?

It's good enough for clubs like Arsenal, Leicester and Stoke in the Premier League, Derby, Huddersfield and Brighton and even teams like Chesterfield and Accrington Stanley in the lower leagues.

I'd personally rather it was kept as Portman Road BUT if we were to get the £500k to £1.25m a year that is reportedly paid to other similarly sized clubs then that can only help. Debry (a much more attractive investment I appreciate) got £7m for a 10 year deal with iPro, which reportedly was £4m up front and then 9 yearly payments of £333k). Realistically, we could be looking at £5m. Half up front to spend on new players would immediately more than double what we've paid for fees over the last 5 years.

Given it would either go to Mick as additional budget, increasing our chances ever so slightly of being successful, or it would offset the losses ME makes, which is seemingly his primary aim at the moment, then why on earth would we not do this?

It cannot be that nobody would be interested. The only possible stumbling block would be supporter unrest or objection, but it's quite clear that that's not a particular concern of the current ownership. As much as it would annoy me, Evans could even rename it after his own company for the going rate if he felt it offered significant value to the naming partner.

For all the things we do wrong, we seem to do stuff like this wrong even more spectacularly. We have the perfect excuse to both appease supporter unrest at a name change ('the funds will go to Mick' or 'We need to offset our losses to keep the playing budget at the current level) and it brings in additional money.

The more I think about it the more bizarre it seems that we don't explore ways of raising revenue like this when it could essentially double what we pay for fees in the summer!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 13:25]
Stadium Naming Rights on 20:53 - Mar 29 with 395 viewsstonojnr

Stadium Naming Rights on 13:40 - Mar 29 by PJH

Wondered why nobody is sponsored by Alice,now I know.

actually Ferrari (in F1) & Ducati (in MotoGP) have both been sponsored by Alice, its Telecom Italias brand name for broadband.
Stadium Naming Rights on 20:56 - Mar 29 with 381 viewsPJH

Stadium Naming Rights on 20:53 - Mar 29 by stonojnr

actually Ferrari (in F1) & Ducati (in MotoGP) have both been sponsored by Alice, its Telecom Italias brand name for broadband.

Well that has rather spoiled my post.
Can I keep the upvotes that it got please?
Stadium Naming Rights on 20:57 - Mar 29 with 376 viewsjaykay

Stadium Naming Rights on 14:03 - Mar 29 by Deano69

I would still call it Portman Road regardless, same as the stands are still North and Churchmans, Cobbold and Pioneer in my vocabulary

dont you mean chicken run and west stand

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024