Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have received a response 14:37 - Mar 29 with 2626 viewsASAx

Not from Mr Milne, but from Edwina on his behalf, as anticipated.

Pretty much ticked all of the boxes I expected it to cover unfortunately. I still had a slight, completely deluded, flicker of hope that there may be something in their response to convince me to change my mind, but nothing at all.

Not one of my many points seems to have even been addressed and no attempt has even been made to change my mind. Instead many points have conveniently been compacted into an 'overriding theme' which has then been rebuffed with a suggestion being made that I join in at the forums which I, and other family members, have previously attended and noted that any difficult questions is immediately shut down and afterwards there is absolutely no sign of any supporter opinion being taken on board.

Sigh.

Thanks for your email and you were right, it was indeed a lengthy one with several points. Those points have been noted and we are constantly reviewing decisions at the Club and their impact going forward.

We do appreciate the long standing support of yourself and your family and we are of course very disappointed that you plan not to return to Portman Road next season.
The overriding theme of your email seems to be that the Club needs to work closely with the supporters on decisions made.

It’s not possible to take the opinions of all supporters on decisions at the Club but we do have a close relationship with the official supporters club and meet regularly with members of a fans’ forum to discuss a number of matters affecting supporters on matchday and beyond.

Can I suggest you contact the ITFC Supporters’ Club and perhaps ask to join the forum. That will give you direct access to the Football Club and you will be able to attend meetings and offer your opinions as part of that forum.

Once again, thanks for your support and that of your family down the years.
I have received a response on 14:40 - Mar 29 with 2555 viewsITFC1983

Up arrow for letting us know, not the response from the club!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

I have received a response on 14:41 - Mar 29 with 2547 viewshype313

So they seem to be perfectly happy to lose their long standing customers?

What a strange business model.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I have received a response on 14:42 - Mar 29 with 2542 viewsJ2BLUE

Whoever is feeding poor Edwina these lines spectacularly misses the point over and over again. They take everything to the extreme. A suggestion that the fans are listened to is met with taking on board the opinions of 'all supporters'. It really is incredibly stupid of them and incredibly arrogant to stick to the propaganda in the face of such a backlash.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I reckon you should go..... on 14:44 - Mar 29 with 2491 viewsBloots

....to the paper about it.

You can call yourself "Mr Ipswich Jr".

That'll show them.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I have received a response on 14:47 - Mar 29 with 2469 viewsSteve_M

Yes, but what about the shirts?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I have received a response on 14:50 - Mar 29 with 2447 viewsPinewoodblue

I have received a response on 14:41 - Mar 29 by hype313

So they seem to be perfectly happy to lose their long standing customers?

What a strange business model.

They seem confident that the majority are going to renew. Wonder what it is that makes them appear so sure of themselves.

Change of manager, new investor, spending plans for next season.....who knows.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I have received a response on 14:54 - Mar 29 with 2398 viewshype313

I have received a response on 14:50 - Mar 29 by Pinewoodblue

They seem confident that the majority are going to renew. Wonder what it is that makes them appear so sure of themselves.

Blind faith is the answer you're looking for.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I have received a response on 15:12 - Mar 29 with 2297 viewsIllinoisblue

haha, yep, join the official supporters club, that will solve everything. Wow.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

I have received a response on 15:27 - Mar 29 with 2193 viewsfactual_blue

I have received a response on 14:47 - Mar 29 by Steve_M

Yes, but what about the shirts?

Mistake leaving that telling point out. They nearly got me to change my mind with that bit.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I have received a response on 15:28 - Mar 29 with 2189 viewsm14_blue

They really don't have a clue do they?
I have received a response on 15:33 - Mar 29 with 2152 viewsfactual_blue

1. Even if you refer to the length of your letter, they shouldn't have done so.

2. They should gave said they are always looking at ways of involving more supporter in giving their views, and that you've given them some food for thought.

The real trouble with their reply is that they appear to be saying 'yeah, we do all that'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I have received a response on 16:07 - Mar 29 with 2018 viewsDeano69

That is an appalling response to a well written and very specific letter. It answers none of the points raised except agree that it was a lengthy document. Absolutely pathetic, but pretty much sums up the club and its interest in is fans.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I have received a response on 16:50 - Mar 29 with 1870 viewsbluejacko

I have received a response on 14:50 - Mar 29 by Pinewoodblue

Well to be honest people i have spoken to are NOT renewing,it will be interesting Saturday to find out the reaction of the fans around me!
I have received a response on 16:57 - Mar 29 with 1836 viewsArcher4721

So things have changed a year on then.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/anger_as_life_long_itfc_fan_is_offered_just_14
I reckon you should go..... on 17:08 - Mar 29 with 1774 viewsArcher4721

I reckon you should go..... on 14:44 - Mar 29 by Bloots

....to the paper about it.

You can call yourself "Mr Ipswich Jr".

That'll show them.

Oh yes that was excruciating wasn't it.
I have received a response on 17:08 - Mar 29 with 1775 viewsSuperfrans

If there is anything to take from this it is probably that the fans forum isn't giving the right advice either. Perhaps they're so flattered to be on the forum they don't want to rock the boat, perhaps they're too close to the club?

I wonder, is Phil on the fans forum? As someone who routinely has to keep an eye on the views expressed on here , he would have a good feel for the broad views of a good many fans.

One thing's for sure, the club does seem to have misjudged the public mood on season tickets.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I have received a response on 17:19 - Mar 29 with 1730 viewsMullet

I have received a response on 17:08 - Mar 29 by Superfrans

If there is anything to take from this it is probably that the fans forum isn't giving the right advice either. Perhaps they're so flattered to be on the forum they don't want to rock the boat, perhaps they're too close to the club?

I wonder, is Phil on the fans forum? As someone who routinely has to keep an eye on the views expressed on here , he would have a good feel for the broad views of a good many fans.

One thing's for sure, the club does seem to have misjudged the public mood on season tickets.

Think there's also an echo chamber effect on TWTD and a mixture of views that won't correlate with the reality.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I have received a response on 18:17 - Mar 29 with 1583 viewsASAx

I have received a response on 15:33 - Mar 29 by factual_blue

1. Even if you refer to the length of your letter, they shouldn't have done so.

2. They should gave said they are always looking at ways of involving more supporter in giving their views, and that you've given them some food for thought.

The real trouble with their reply is that they appear to be saying 'yeah, we do all that'.

Absolutely.

The opening line is basically 'Christ you went on'. Fine to think it but amazed they felt the need to comment on it.

I fail to see the logic is seemingly suggesting something I put forward at a forum could be considered but yet because I've emailed it then it can't. Likewise, attending will give me direct access to the club. So what does emailing them give me then?

Just says to me that she's not qualified to determine what to pass on to Milne, can't pass it all on so hasn't bothered. She's just the messenger. She's being hung out to dry really by having the impossible job of responding without the ability to provide any good news or crumb of comfort.

But then Milne is just being thrown under the bus by Evans in all likeliness.
on 23:47 - Mar 29 with 1218 views_

I have received a response on 18:17 - Mar 29 by ASAx

Absolutely.

The opening line is basically 'Christ you went on'. Fine to think it but amazed they felt the need to comment on it.

I fail to see the logic is seemingly suggesting something I put forward at a forum could be considered but yet because I've emailed it then it can't. Likewise, attending will give me direct access to the club. So what does emailing them give me then?

Just says to me that she's not qualified to determine what to pass on to Milne, can't pass it all on so hasn't bothered. She's just the messenger. She's being hung out to dry really by having the impossible job of responding without the ability to provide any good news or crumb of comfort.

But then Milne is just being thrown under the bus by Evans in all likeliness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024