Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Burnham 16:01 - Mar 29 with 1818 viewsNo9

Delivered a strong speech under the 10 minute rule today.

Unfortunately I don't think the establishemnt will ever let if become law = too many vested interests in high places
Andy Burnham on 16:16 - Mar 29 with 1757 viewsBlueBadger

Did the Establishment also prevent you from sharing any kind of details of this as well?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andy Burnham on 16:22 - Mar 29 with 1729 viewsNo9

Andy Burnham on 16:16 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Did the Establishment also prevent you from sharing any kind of details of this as well?

I only caught the last half when he had moved on from Hillsborough to deal with a number of other examples.
But rather than me getting accused of confusion I recommend you look at the entire speech on parliament TV.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/6373f9ec-bcca-4419-a848-41946fc07f4a

The timings are shown on the right side
Andy Burnham on 17:27 - Mar 29 with 1646 viewsJETPower

Thanks for that.
Andy Burnham on 00:35 - Mar 30 with 1501 viewsbluelagos

Just catching up on today's events. BBC reporting the bill got through its first reading which is good news. Not heard his speech but will have a read tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39431359

Scary isn't it, that you need a law to ensure the police are honest when giving evidence to a coroner, to assist with investigations and not to feed lies to the press.

The bill also seeks to ensure equality of funding at inquests to help avoid the situation where one side (the state) has top legal teams and another (bereaved family) has no funding.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 0:45]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Andy Burnham on 06:00 - Mar 30 with 1437 viewsshamboy

Andy Burnham on 00:35 - Mar 30 by bluelagos

Just catching up on today's events. BBC reporting the bill got through its first reading which is good news. Not heard his speech but will have a read tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39431359

Scary isn't it, that you need a law to ensure the police are honest when giving evidence to a coroner, to assist with investigations and not to feed lies to the press.

The bill also seeks to ensure equality of funding at inquests to help avoid the situation where one side (the state) has top legal teams and another (bereaved family) has no funding.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 0:45]

Andy Burnham is the biggest asset the Labour Party possesses. He is wise enough to play the long game, and if the party doesn't split, he will lead them out of the wilderness when the time is right and the electorate is ready.
Andy Burnham on 10:11 - Mar 30 with 1329 viewsbluelagos

Andy Burnham on 16:22 - Mar 29 by No9

I only caught the last half when he had moved on from Hillsborough to deal with a number of other examples.
But rather than me getting accused of confusion I recommend you look at the entire speech on parliament TV.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/6373f9ec-bcca-4419-a848-41946fc07f4a

The timings are shown on the right side

Just watched his speech, very impressive as ever. The bill's first reading was passed unanimously with no dissenting voices.

Interestingly the bill was put forward with cross party support and as well as well know campaigners such as Burnham, Eagle and Rotherham, Tim Farron, Peter Bottomley and Caroline Lucas were also named as preparing the bill.

Fingers crossed this gets through, as otherwise, their is every chance of yet more cover up and collusion from state bodies rather than them accepting and acting on their failings.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024