Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This just about sums up your average remainer!! 16:20 - Mar 29 with 12627 viewsBergholtBru

Rock on Tommy!!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:31 - Mar 29 with 1725 viewsblueconscience

Looks like most were there just for an excuse to have a day off work.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 18:32]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:33 - Mar 29 with 1699 viewsMullet

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:27 - Mar 29 by ThePitBoss

The EDL has a large number of Sikh members. Just for your information.

What % would you say exactly?

Given the Sikh "division" was a crude marketing tool and clearly part fabricated for the news coverage. And even if it wasn't an attempt to legitimise the criminal leanings of its leader Sikhism was founded on the back of ethnic cleansing by Muslims in India.

It's hardly a surprise some Sikhs would like to get one back on the Muslim community given the complex tensions from their heritage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/27/edl-guramit-singh-kalirai_n_4001823.h

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:33 - Mar 29 with 1689 viewsBlueBadger

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:31 - Mar 29 by blueconscience

Looks like most were there just for an excuse to have a day off work.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 18:32]

On a Saturday?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:34 - Mar 29 with 1684 viewsBlueBadger

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:11 - Mar 29 by Mullet

Yeah but facts aside.....

I'm reminded of this, at this point.

http://newsthump.com/2016/03/13/saying-racist-things-not-racist-say-racists/

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:35 - Mar 29 with 1687 viewsblueconscience

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:33 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

On a Saturday?

Alright then, if they are protesting for something they dont even know about on a Saturday, they clearly don't have a life. :)
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 18:41]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:35 - Mar 29 with 1686 viewsArcher4721

It's great to see you've moved on from UKIP now, but sadly you've moved down the inevitable course it seems .
This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:36 - Mar 29 with 1671 viewssparks

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:00 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

I rather fear you may have missed some of the sarcasm in my post - but otherwise, well played. The trouble with 'islam isn't a race' piece of flimflammery is that it overlooks the key issue here, which is that the sort of people that Stephen Yaxley-Lennon hangs around with will happily lump in anyone vaguely dusky as 'muslim', regardless of whether they actually are or not.....but otherwise, well played.

It's ultimately a piece of semantic juggling by the intellectually cowardly used to justify their bigotry.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 18:18]

I agree that that happens sometimes. But by doing a similar type of intellectual juggling you give them the very easy route to arguing "hey you cant criticise islam, you get called racist". Which is something which plays very well with the sorts of demographics which vote for Farage and Trump...

He may well be racist, racism may well play a part in his choice of targets and criticisms, but criticism of an ideology on its merits is a different thing and should be considered on those merits. there are many valid arguments about various religions, and particularly islam in the current climate, which are often shouted down by cries of islamophobia or racism. Thats a problem on two levels- it stifles valid discussion about those issues, and it also fuels the "the liberal elite wont let us criticise... " narrative.

Lets keep the two things separate (whilst recognising both could be at play)

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:37 - Mar 29 with 1665 viewsvapour_trail

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:29 - Mar 29 by DanTheMan

I have a black friend you know...

Fortunately to return to the theme of the op, the majority of leavers don't think like this.

Unlike the three decorating this thread with their delightful observations.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:38 - Mar 29 with 1656 viewsThePitBoss

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:29 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

Case closed. Move on.

Some of them are a bit 'dusky', as Bluebadger put it. Kinda means he's talking ball-hang.

Enjoy your day under the duvet?
This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:42 - Mar 29 with 1634 viewsArcher4721

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:37 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

Fortunately to return to the theme of the op, the majority of leavers don't think like this.

Back in the day they used to say "I have a Stevie Wonder LP so I can't be a racist."
This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:44 - Mar 29 with 1621 viewsvapour_trail

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:42 - Mar 29 by Archer4721

Back in the day they used to say "I have a Stevie Wonder LP so I can't be a racist."

The old wham defence.

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:46 - Mar 29 with 1603 viewsgiant_stow

Don't stop fella - it must make decent brexiteers feel a little icky being on the same side as you - maybe you can help turn them back to decency.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:47 - Mar 29 with 1588 viewsartsbossbeard

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:01 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

House!

Ba5tard! I've just spat my tea out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:48 - Mar 29 with 1581 viewsvapour_trail

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:38 - Mar 29 by ThePitBoss

Some of them are a bit 'dusky', as Bluebadger put it. Kinda means he's talking ball-hang.

Enjoy your day under the duvet?

I enjoyed your comedic efforts to get into character around lunch time. Thougt they were quite good.

You've done well to keep your pecker up this time. Previously you've got abusive and banned a lot quicker than this. Self improvement is admirable at your age.

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:53 - Mar 29 with 1557 viewsSwansea_Blue

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:33 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

On a Saturday?

They probably don't work in the NHS and have the weekends off

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:55 - Mar 29 with 1542 viewsm14_blue

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:37 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

Quite.

Threads like this make me feel sorry for people like J2 and GB who supported leave but are not bigoted fools. It must make them cringe to see how their legitimate concerns have been hijacked by the lowest of the low.
This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:57 - Mar 29 with 1534 viewsThePitBoss

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:48 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

I enjoyed your comedic efforts to get into character around lunch time. Thougt they were quite good.

You've done well to keep your pecker up this time. Previously you've got abusive and banned a lot quicker than this. Self improvement is admirable at your age.

House!
This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:57 - Mar 29 with 1532 viewssparks

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:55 - Mar 29 by m14_blue

Quite.

Threads like this make me feel sorry for people like J2 and GB who supported leave but are not bigoted fools. It must make them cringe to see how their legitimate concerns have been hijacked by the lowest of the low.

regrettably, that process was exacerbated by the other side labelling them in that way rather than engaging with the points they make. Not all of them, of course, but an awful lot of that went on.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:58 - Mar 29 with 1519 viewsm14_blue

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:57 - Mar 29 by sparks

regrettably, that process was exacerbated by the other side labelling them in that way rather than engaging with the points they make. Not all of them, of course, but an awful lot of that went on.

Agreed
This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:59 - Mar 29 with 1514 viewsvapour_trail

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 18:57 - Mar 29 by sparks

There was also an extent of the leave side playing very heavily to the prejudices of this contingent. The overriding narrative over the final month was immigration.

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:13 - Mar 29 with 1485 viewsmonytowbray

My favourite bit was the part where he removed all context from a grey area and made it a black and white "Yes or No" question when asking people if they believe in democracy.

Although I still pin this all on Cameron. The fact this went through on a 2% margin is ridiculous. PR political stunt gone wrong.

I do enjoy all the "Here's a source via a known racist & far-right activist making my point for me, but I'm not racist honestly, you're just calling me mean names because I don't agree with you" logic though. If anything I prefer open racists, at least you can try to educate them, a racist in denial is much harder to reason with because they can't see why their views are problematic.

Had to delete one on FB this week after getting bored of his passive aggressive trolling, refusal to accept when proven incorrect, denial of expert opinion (because all the experts are brainwashed and part of the illuminati) and insistence that no news source is valid because FAKE NEWS whilst citing videos from /r/conspiracy as irrefutable evidence. Bloke genuinely believes the world is ran by secret paedo ring.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:20 - Mar 29 with 1467 viewsvapour_trail

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:13 - Mar 29 by monytowbray

My favourite bit was the part where he removed all context from a grey area and made it a black and white "Yes or No" question when asking people if they believe in democracy.

Although I still pin this all on Cameron. The fact this went through on a 2% margin is ridiculous. PR political stunt gone wrong.

I do enjoy all the "Here's a source via a known racist & far-right activist making my point for me, but I'm not racist honestly, you're just calling me mean names because I don't agree with you" logic though. If anything I prefer open racists, at least you can try to educate them, a racist in denial is much harder to reason with because they can't see why their views are problematic.

Had to delete one on FB this week after getting bored of his passive aggressive trolling, refusal to accept when proven incorrect, denial of expert opinion (because all the experts are brainwashed and part of the illuminati) and insistence that no news source is valid because FAKE NEWS whilst citing videos from /r/conspiracy as irrefutable evidence. Bloke genuinely believes the world is ran by secret paedo ring.

4 point margin.

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:30 - Mar 29 with 1445 viewsmonytowbray

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:20 - Mar 29 by vapour_trail

4 point margin.

Soz yes, correct. Still, small margin for such a big one time vote to hang on.

TWTD never forgets…

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:34 - Mar 29 with 1423 viewsGlasgowBlue

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:13 - Mar 29 by monytowbray

Was his name Pazelle

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:35 - Mar 29 with 1420 viewsmonytowbray

This just about sums up your average remainer!! on 19:34 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

Was his name Pazelle

Nah, he makes Paz look reasonable.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024