Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust statement 19:28 - Mar 29 with 2880 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully it will be viewed as better late than never, but we are there in the end and will try to be on top of things quicker from now on and be more proactive.

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/statement-on-the-recent-itfc-s

Ipswich Town 1st, the independent supporters’ trust of Ipswich Town Football Club, is very disappointed at the increase in prices for season tickets for the 2017/18 season after what has been a very poor season on the pitch.

While there are a couple of areas of improvement within the new pricing structure, such as the lower costs for U23 year olds, these are lost in the detail of the overall price rise for all other season ticket holders.

We believe that the increase in price for U11s from £10 to £50 is a very poor move for a Season Ticket campaign which claims to focus on the next generation — especially when as part of the 2016/17 season ticket launch these £10 tickets were billed as the key highlight. What has changed in a year to justify this 400% increase? Some of the language used with regards to fans ‘abusing’ these tickets is insulting to season ticket holders and the club does not appear to understand that a season ticket for an U11 is the gateway to supporting ITFC, and at a time when there are 15,000 empty seats on a regular basis, these fans are the future and need to be enticed to the club, not to have unnecessary barriers put in their way. Punishing all U11s for the alleged behaviour of a few seems at odds with the message of ‘One Of Our Own’ and the headline when the season tickets were announced on the official website of ‘TOWN TARGET YOUNG BLUES’

With regards to the increase in the Senior concession age from 60 to 65, we understand the club’s reasoning for this, but feel that the transition could have been managed far better — and that nobody over 60 should be paying significantly more for their season ticket next season. Anything that has the effect of turning long-term fans away from the club cannot be right.

Also, in a town with a new university which has a large percentage of mature students, their concession rate has been lost — as attendances dwindle the club needs to ensure that we are in a position to attract new fans, which includes mature students at the university. This change in policy again adversely affects current season ticket holders who in many cases will not be able to afford to renew.

The overall price increase of 1.5% seems to be an unwise decision when a number of Season Ticket holders are currently not attending due to the poor season on the pitch, and many more are in two minds about renewing. The club must be well aware of this as it has been from the reaction voiced on all forms of social media since the new prices were announced.

Other clubs in the Championship are keeping Season Ticket prices at lower levels than ours, and there is even the example of Huddersfield who are offering adult season tickets for £199 next season across the whole ground when they currently sit 3rd in the table.

We urge the club to reconsider the changes to the U11 season ticket, the transition for those aged between 60 and 65 and the case for mature students to ensure that no ST holders will be paying significantly more than they are this season if they renew. This is an opportunity for ITFC to show that they really believe all fans are valued as “One Of Their Own,” and not just those aged between 12 and 23

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Supporters Trust statement on 23:01 - Mar 29 with 796 viewsFreddies_Ears

Certainly better late than never. Good statement.
Supporters Trust statement on 23:04 - Mar 29 with 785 viewsTractorWood

Supporters Trust statement on 22:07 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

Oh yes. In today's letter

Are you cereal?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Supporters Trust statement on 23:08 - Mar 29 with 775 viewssparks

Supporters Trust statement on 21:11 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

I agree it probably is, but we are all aware of this now and will be working our hardest to turn that view round as a board. The inactivity is inexcusable but we are where we are now.

Even if it is just a case of giving it a good go over next few months, new website, new members, more visible etc and if it ultimately isn't enough it will be at least in a better position if others are then able to take the reins and push it further forwards.

Will see how it pans out, but I am very determined that the Trust becomes relevant again, but there is no hiding from where we currently are.

Ill be blunt. Im not sure the Trust was ever very relevant. It seemed a shining idea at the time, but quickly lost the support of many, and appeared from the outside to be an exercise in self aggrandisement and developing personal connections with the club rather than any sort of mouthpiece or practical means of action for supporters.

The fact that "Crusher" remains involved sums it up imo. Anyone who announces himself to the world at large and to TWTD as "Crusher" is instantly going to have an issue. Nothing worse than blokes waving their manhoods about.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Supporters Trust statement on 00:47 - Mar 30 with 708 viewsDolly2.0

Supporters Trust statement on 23:08 - Mar 29 by sparks

Ill be blunt. Im not sure the Trust was ever very relevant. It seemed a shining idea at the time, but quickly lost the support of many, and appeared from the outside to be an exercise in self aggrandisement and developing personal connections with the club rather than any sort of mouthpiece or practical means of action for supporters.

The fact that "Crusher" remains involved sums it up imo. Anyone who announces himself to the world at large and to TWTD as "Crusher" is instantly going to have an issue. Nothing worse than blokes waving their manhoods about.

That's a bit unfair. He might make wine. Or small packs of garlic.

Or work in car disposal.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Supporters Trust statement on 01:26 - Mar 30 with 685 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Down-arrowed by mistake. Sorry.

I'm afraid the board won't be even bothered about that statement.
Supporters Trust statement on 06:08 - Mar 30 with 651 viewsTractorWood

I think it approaches the issue well but avoids the elephant in the room that Evans hasn't (despite lots of statements from the club) invested sufficiently in the club over the last few years.

Joe - great work personally. If the club don't respond sufficiently another statement voicing concerns about the level of investment and lack of strategic direction feels like the next step.

Supporters Trust statement on 06:16 - Mar 30 with 646 viewsbrogansnose

Supporters Trust statement on 06:08 - Mar 30 by TractorWood

I think it approaches the issue well but avoids the elephant in the room that Evans hasn't (despite lots of statements from the club) invested sufficiently in the club over the last few years.

Joe - great work personally. If the club don't respond sufficiently another statement voicing concerns about the level of investment and lack of strategic direction feels like the next step.

Good that the trust is attempting to get Evans to listen to concerns but I feel that Evans has set out his stall and is not for changing. Looking back on what Chambers, Mick and even Milne, with his hands tied, have said, he has taken no notice. ATM it feels like he's set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
Supporters Trust statement on 06:25 - Mar 30 with 639 viewsTractorWood

Supporters Trust statement on 06:16 - Mar 30 by brogansnose

Good that the trust is attempting to get Evans to listen to concerns but I feel that Evans has set out his stall and is not for changing. Looking back on what Chambers, Mick and even Milne, with his hands tied, have said, he has taken no notice. ATM it feels like he's set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Unfortunately, I feel all this extremely well intended and heart felt backlash will lead to is a huge back catalog of evidence that basically says 'I told you so' hundreds of times.

I think nothing will change, tensions will grow higher between all parties at the club and it will culminate in an inevitable relegation.

Me personally, I'm just going to follow away.

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Trust statement on 06:28 - Mar 30 with 634 viewsbrogansnose

Supporters Trust statement on 06:25 - Mar 30 by TractorWood

Unfortunately, I feel all this extremely well intended and heart felt backlash will lead to is a huge back catalog of evidence that basically says 'I told you so' hundreds of times.

I think nothing will change, tensions will grow higher between all parties at the club and it will culminate in an inevitable relegation.

Me personally, I'm just going to follow away.

My lot and myself have decided on just doing aways too. I hope to get some U 18's on a Saturday mornng in too as my own biggest fear is getting too much out of the habit and drifting. I do think that its only the attendances that will bring about any real change.
Supporters Trust statement on 08:19 - Mar 30 with 574 viewsitfcjoe

I can't speak for the history or formation of the Trust so won't.

With regards to the board now, I've said my piece and it's that we either step it up and become more relevant which I'm quite prepared to put a lot of time and effort into. If other members aren't willing to do so then they will need to be replaced on board by others who will or just resign. Or I will resign and leave them to it in a few months.

I can't say how it will end up, and I'm sure some have their predictions - but if it does fail it won't be through lack of effort on my part at least.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Supporters Trust statement on 09:47 - Mar 30 with 523 viewsdirtyboy

Crazy thing is, I've not had a season ticket for 20 years now, and have probably only seen 2-4 home games a season for last 7 or 8 years, but if a season ticket was £199 like Huddersfield, i'd get one and another for my son....probably get one if we ended up in league 1 too. Not to mention buy a pint and a pie each game!

I'm sure I can't be alone thinking like that?
Supporters Trust statement on 10:11 - Mar 30 with 511 viewsbluewein

To be fair, it could be worse.

Cruncher could be involved instead.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024