Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust statement 19:28 - Mar 29 with 2883 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully it will be viewed as better late than never, but we are there in the end and will try to be on top of things quicker from now on and be more proactive.

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/statement-on-the-recent-itfc-s

Ipswich Town 1st, the independent supporters’ trust of Ipswich Town Football Club, is very disappointed at the increase in prices for season tickets for the 2017/18 season after what has been a very poor season on the pitch.

While there are a couple of areas of improvement within the new pricing structure, such as the lower costs for U23 year olds, these are lost in the detail of the overall price rise for all other season ticket holders.

We believe that the increase in price for U11s from £10 to £50 is a very poor move for a Season Ticket campaign which claims to focus on the next generation — especially when as part of the 2016/17 season ticket launch these £10 tickets were billed as the key highlight. What has changed in a year to justify this 400% increase? Some of the language used with regards to fans ‘abusing’ these tickets is insulting to season ticket holders and the club does not appear to understand that a season ticket for an U11 is the gateway to supporting ITFC, and at a time when there are 15,000 empty seats on a regular basis, these fans are the future and need to be enticed to the club, not to have unnecessary barriers put in their way. Punishing all U11s for the alleged behaviour of a few seems at odds with the message of ‘One Of Our Own’ and the headline when the season tickets were announced on the official website of ‘TOWN TARGET YOUNG BLUES’

With regards to the increase in the Senior concession age from 60 to 65, we understand the club’s reasoning for this, but feel that the transition could have been managed far better — and that nobody over 60 should be paying significantly more for their season ticket next season. Anything that has the effect of turning long-term fans away from the club cannot be right.

Also, in a town with a new university which has a large percentage of mature students, their concession rate has been lost — as attendances dwindle the club needs to ensure that we are in a position to attract new fans, which includes mature students at the university. This change in policy again adversely affects current season ticket holders who in many cases will not be able to afford to renew.

The overall price increase of 1.5% seems to be an unwise decision when a number of Season Ticket holders are currently not attending due to the poor season on the pitch, and many more are in two minds about renewing. The club must be well aware of this as it has been from the reaction voiced on all forms of social media since the new prices were announced.

Other clubs in the Championship are keeping Season Ticket prices at lower levels than ours, and there is even the example of Huddersfield who are offering adult season tickets for £199 next season across the whole ground when they currently sit 3rd in the table.

We urge the club to reconsider the changes to the U11 season ticket, the transition for those aged between 60 and 65 and the case for mature students to ensure that no ST holders will be paying significantly more than they are this season if they renew. This is an opportunity for ITFC to show that they really believe all fans are valued as “One Of Their Own,” and not just those aged between 12 and 23

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Supporters Trust statement on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 1975 viewswarkthisway

Better late than never? Ha Ha you lot are part of the problem- making out you can effect change by that weak statement- pull the other one - get off your backsides and do something controversial.

bentnkuqi

Supporters Trust statement on 21:00 - Mar 29 with 1938 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 20:52 - Mar 29 by warkthisway

Better late than never? Ha Ha you lot are part of the problem- making out you can effect change by that weak statement- pull the other one - get off your backsides and do something controversial.

'Part of the problem'

Supporters Trust statement on 21:02 - Mar 29 with 1926 viewsPJH

Does the do something controversial include supporting the team at a time that they need it the most?
Supporters Trust statement on 21:02 - Mar 29 with 1919 viewsAdmiralFunge

Fair play Joe - referenced on Naked Footy tonight, btw.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Supporters Trust statement on 21:03 - Mar 29 with 1908 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 21:02 - Mar 29 by AdmiralFunge

Fair play Joe - referenced on Naked Footy tonight, btw.

I'll catch up on that on podcast tomorrow, a shame we have taken so long to get it out but Trust seems to be trying to move in right direction currently.

Supporters Trust statement on 21:07 - Mar 29 with 1878 viewsMullet

Supporters Trust statement on 21:03 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

I'll catch up on that on podcast tomorrow, a shame we have taken so long to get it out but Trust seems to be trying to move in right direction currently.

I fear it might be too little too late. The timing of the inactivity to this doesn't look great from an objective point of view.

As an entity, it'll take something massive to get people onside and behind the Trust. It probably needs a way to prove itself unfortunately and I'm not sure what that is, now the renewals have gone out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Supporters Trust statement on 21:11 - Mar 29 with 1854 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 21:07 - Mar 29 by Mullet

I fear it might be too little too late. The timing of the inactivity to this doesn't look great from an objective point of view.

As an entity, it'll take something massive to get people onside and behind the Trust. It probably needs a way to prove itself unfortunately and I'm not sure what that is, now the renewals have gone out.

I agree it probably is, but we are all aware of this now and will be working our hardest to turn that view round as a board. The inactivity is inexcusable but we are where we are now.

Even if it is just a case of giving it a good go over next few months, new website, new members, more visible etc and if it ultimately isn't enough it will be at least in a better position if others are then able to take the reins and push it further forwards.

Will see how it pans out, but I am very determined that the Trust becomes relevant again, but there is no hiding from where we currently are.

Supporters Trust statement on 21:17 - Mar 29 with 1818 viewsIpswichKnight

It's a start, it shouldnt have taken this long though.

I think the Huddersfield comparison is false, they are subsidised by the owner that is not a viable promotion over the long term.

It would be good if the trust became more active in the coming weeks and months.
Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Trust statement on 21:24 - Mar 29 with 1792 viewsBlueastheycome

I was almost tempted to join...but then saw on the 'join' page that if I sign up now my membership will last til the end of the 2013/2014 season and thought wow what a proactive and relevant organisation this is!
Supporters Trust statement on 21:27 - Mar 29 with 1763 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 21:17 - Mar 29 by IpswichKnight

It's a start, it shouldnt have taken this long though.

I think the Huddersfield comparison is false, they are subsidised by the owner that is not a viable promotion over the long term.

It would be good if the trust became more active in the coming weeks and months.

Totally agree, and I'll endeavour to push on with regards to making the trust more active.

Supporters Trust statement on 21:28 - Mar 29 with 1740 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 21:24 - Mar 29 by Blueastheycome

I was almost tempted to join...but then saw on the 'join' page that if I sign up now my membership will last til the end of the 2013/2014 season and thought wow what a proactive and relevant organisation this is!

Oops - I'll look to get that updated but appreciate how it looks. Apologies

Supporters Trust statement on 21:29 - Mar 29 with 1730 viewswarkthisway

Supporters Trust statement on 21:24 - Mar 29 by Blueastheycome

As I said part of the endemic lethargy at this sad former great club.

bentnkuqi

Supporters Trust statement on 21:33 - Mar 29 with 1680 viewsDolly2.0

It's a decent statement IMO and I'm not sure it is too late. If the renewals are way down (as expected) that, plus this statement, MAY force the club to act.

The club still has a chance to turn this around. They've scored a massive own goal but they could notch one at the other end if they held their hands up and said. "We've listened. We got it wrong. Here's a whole new pricing structure..."

I won't hold my breath but it could happen.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Supporters Trust statement on 21:37 - Mar 29 with 1606 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 21:33 - Mar 29 by Dolly2.0

It's a decent statement IMO and I'm not sure it is too late. If the renewals are way down (as expected) that, plus this statement, MAY force the club to act.

The club still has a chance to turn this around. They've scored a massive own goal but they could notch one at the other end if they held their hands up and said. "We've listened. We got it wrong. Here's a whole new pricing structure..."

This is the key point, the club have an easy tap in waiting for them - because ultimately most fans want to be on their side and supportive of them - but I doubt they will take this easy opportunity sadly.

Supporters Trust statement on 21:38 - Mar 29 with 1582 viewsBlueastheycome

I agree.

We're not at war with each other after all. If they just turned round and put their hands up like you said that would be fine by me

Edit: well we shouldn't be at war with each other anyway!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 21:41]
Supporters Trust statement on 21:41 - Mar 29 with 1559 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't wish to stick the boot in as any ally is a good ally at the moment and i'm sure this statement is mainly the result of your persistence but it really does feel far too late and the statement is quite weak. I would have liked to see at least a paragraph on how the last window exposed Evans and the fans' goodwill towards him is over. I'd also have liked to see it mentioned that the club's thinly veiled propaganda isn't working and the fans are extremely angry about being treated like idiots.

I realise that the trust is actually fairly powerless so again I don't wish to be overly critical but overall this whole saga has shown the trust to be weak, ineffective and incompetent to let such a big issue go for so long.

The SNP have very little power in Westminster and yet they never shut up or stop raising points and criticisms. The trust needs to do its job properly and be a true voice of the fans. They need to speak up far more often. Where were they at the end of the January transfer window?

Apologies. Ended up being much more critical than I intended and again I acknowledge that this was almost certainly down to you and without you there likely wouldn't be a statement at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Supporters Trust statement on 21:49 - Mar 29 with 1489 viewsElderGrizzly

Supporters Trust statement on 21:37 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

This is the key point, the club have an easy tap in waiting for them - because ultimately most fans want to be on their side and supportive of them - but I doubt they will take this easy opportunity sadly.

I think they have until April 17th or the first DD payment to change things. Beyond that, it will just be too much hassle for them.

Noticed the club have made the mistake of saying they will automatically add £10 a month to DD payments for the Academy too.

Applaud the effort, but i just don't think they will listen sadly
Supporters Trust statement on 21:52 - Mar 29 with 1466 viewswarkthisway

No chance whatsoever with that weasel Milne steering the ship on to the rocks.

bentnkuqi

Supporters Trust statement on 21:57 - Mar 29 with 1437 viewsDolly2.0

Supporters Trust statement on 21:49 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

I think they have until April 17th or the first DD payment to change things. Beyond that, it will just be too much hassle for them.

Noticed the club have made the mistake of saying they will automatically add £10 a month to DD payments for the Academy too.

Applaud the effort, but i just don't think they will listen sadly

That was before. They surely haven't tried that trick again have they?!?

Supporters Trust statement on 21:58 - Mar 29 with 1428 viewsReuser_is_God

Supporters Trust statement on 21:52 - Mar 29 by warkthisway

No chance whatsoever with that weasel Milne steering the ship on to the rocks.

I didn't know that Newcy & Milne were the same person?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Supporters Trust statement on 21:59 - Mar 29 with 1419 viewsAdmiralFunge

Supporters Trust statement on 21:58 - Mar 29 by Reuser_is_God

I didn't know that Newcy & Milne were the same person?

Upvoted for a genuine Dad joke.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Supporters Trust statement on 22:03 - Mar 29 with 1381 viewsDolly2.0

Supporters Trust statement on 21:38 - Mar 29 by Blueastheycome

I agree.

We're not at war with each other after all. If they just turned round and put their hands up like you said that would be fine by me

Edit: well we shouldn't be at war with each other anyway!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 21:41]

The funny thing is - listening to the fans and suspending the OAP and U11 jump would gain so much goodwill (and increased renewals from those groups and others) that they'd probably bring in more money than they're saving by introducing those new prices.

IF ANYONE AT THE CLUB IS READING THIS - WAKE UP AND USE A BIT OF COMMON SENSE!

Supporters Trust statement on 22:07 - Mar 29 with 1326 viewsElderGrizzly

Supporters Trust statement on 21:57 - Mar 29 by Dolly2.0

That was before. They surely haven't tried that trick again have they?!?

Oh yes. In today's letter
Supporters Trust statement on 22:11 - Mar 29 with 1293 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust statement on 21:41 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

I don't wish to stick the boot in as any ally is a good ally at the moment and i'm sure this statement is mainly the result of your persistence but it really does feel far too late and the statement is quite weak. I would have liked to see at least a paragraph on how the last window exposed Evans and the fans' goodwill towards him is over. I'd also have liked to see it mentioned that the club's thinly veiled propaganda isn't working and the fans are extremely angry about being treated like idiots.

I realise that the trust is actually fairly powerless so again I don't wish to be overly critical but overall this whole saga has shown the trust to be weak, ineffective and incompetent to let such a big issue go for so long.

The SNP have very little power in Westminster and yet they never shut up or stop raising points and criticisms. The trust needs to do its job properly and be a true voice of the fans. They need to speak up far more often. Where were they at the end of the January transfer window?

Apologies. Ended up being much more critical than I intended and again I acknowledge that this was almost certainly down to you and without you there likely wouldn't be a statement at all.

Long post to this lost to the ether......in short

Thanks for honest comments

Trust not been up to anything, inexcusable but are where we are

Will be hard work to get any relevance from current position, but will take time and hard work.

As per SNP example, if we want to be more active and noisy we can't unload 2 years of complaints into 1 statement re STs, needs to be an ongoing thing

Supporters Trust statement on 22:43 - Mar 29 with 1187 viewsDolly2.0

Supporters Trust statement on 22:07 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

Oh yes. In today's letter

They're opting people in again and you have to opt out to avoid it?!

Please tell me this is a joke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024