Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket 21:49 - Mar 29 with 11541 viewsDolly2.0

for fans living outside a certain radius? One of the main reasons I'm considering not renewing is the struggle (and extra train fare) of getting to midweek games. There's a lot of midweek games these days and if you take them out of the equation it almost makes it not worth getting a season ticket.

I'm sure the club would attract more ST holders from outside of Suffolk with a deal like this.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

on 08:08 - Mar 30 with 1567 views_

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:06 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

Horses for courses I guess and you're right about there being too many people. i wish they were more in a rush though, I seem to be constantly stuck behind slow people tapping away at their phones!

Your last statement is daft though. Richmond Park isn't remotely "poxy". I've had many a beautiful, calm, scenic and dare I say it - romantic - walk around London, and slightly further out, parks. We fell asleep under a leafy canopy in Richmond Park it was so tranquil. Nonsuch Park in Surrey is very tranquil, there's the woods of Banstead which are a lovely trek through that ends at a beautiful remote pub called the Ramblers Rest, I've had some lovely summer evening dates drinking wine by the lakes in Regent's Park, then there's the beautiful views of the city from the top of Primrose Hill. And I live a stone's throw from Brockwell Park.

There's all the calm beauty and scenic tranquility you want if you can be bothered to look for it.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:11 - Mar 30 with 1557 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 07:49 - Mar 30 by Reuser_is_God

It was a joke, sweetheart.

My source as the club tells me that they did try & incorporate discount on sausage & mash into this years pricing but couldn't get the deal done unfortunately.

It would need a 90% discount for Benters to be interested.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:14 - Mar 30 with 1545 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 07:53 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

Dolly, in terms of the train do you not take advantage of the deals that Greater Anglia do for season ticket holders? You can get a train season ticket for all the games or you can block by 10 tickets (or two lots of 10 tickets if you know you'll miss a few games) for around half the price of a regular off peak train fare.

I've heard about this deal but for some reason it didn't work for me. Can't remember why. Does it stretch as far as London? Can you use it in conjunction with a Network Card?

Have you got a link? Might be worth considering, I don't think I looked into it closely enough.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:16 - Mar 30 with 1542 viewsBluebell

I agree with Dolly on this. I notice most of the people who think it's not a good idea live in or around Ipswich!

We haven't missed a Tuesday game this season but only because Mr BB is able to juggle his work so he can take Tuesday off and, if we stay over in Suffolk, Wednesday too. We have to miss the Tuesday evening away games as we could never manage all of those too.

I can see where Dolly is coming from although we would probably still get a full season ticket as missing a couple of Tuesdays isn't a problem for us. I can understand those who can't though and can miss up to 8 games.

I don't think I have ever mentioned we do a round trip of 300 miles to Ipswich!
And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:16 - Mar 30 with 1541 viewsGlasgowBlue

A good idea in theory as I rarely made a midweek game when the boy and I had our season tickets because of work and school commitments.

But not so good for the club because it's an unsold seat for a midweek game as we rarely get a full house and we end up losing some Saturday games to midweek because of fixture changes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:24 - Mar 30 with 1525 viewsDolly2.0

on 08:08 - Mar 30 by _

I suspect you haven't been to most of the places I listed.

Anyway, it's not about which is better, it's about where can you get calm, tranquil, scenic beauty... and you can get it in London if you know where to look.

I suspect a lot of your love for Suffolk is simply because you were born there and grew up with it. It's what you know, and London is big, scary, noisy and busy in comparison. You get used to that very quickly if you live here, but I must admit it was a bit of a shock to the system at first.

It baffles me when people say they don't like London. Best city in the world for me. There is so much to see and do, whatever you're into, that it beats sleepy Suffolk by a million miles for me. Like I said, horses for courses, but I'd get bored very quickly living in Suffolk.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:28 - Mar 30 with 1514 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:16 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

A good idea in theory as I rarely made a midweek game when the boy and I had our season tickets because of work and school commitments.

But not so good for the club because it's an unsold seat for a midweek game as we rarely get a full house and we end up losing some Saturday games to midweek because of fixture changes.

If i don't renew it's an unsold seat for some Saturdays as well!

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:30 - Mar 30 with 1502 viewsGlasgowBlue

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:28 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

If i don't renew it's an unsold seat for some Saturdays as well!

Fair point. But it could only be a temporary measure in case next season we got promoted to the Premier League.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:32 - Mar 30 with 1493 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:30 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Fair point. But it could only be a temporary measure in case next season we got promoted to the Premier League.

Hahahahaha.

Good one!

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:37 - Mar 30 with 1485 viewshype313

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:24 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

Anyway, it's not about which is better, it's about where can you get calm, tranquil, scenic beauty... and you can get it in London if you know where to look.

I suspect a lot of your love for Suffolk is simply because you were born there and grew up with it. It's what you know, and London is big, scary, noisy and busy in comparison. You get used to that very quickly if you live here, but I must admit it was a bit of a shock to the system at first.

It baffles me when people say they don't like London. Best city in the world for me. There is so much to see and do, whatever you're into, that it beats sleepy Suffolk by a million miles for me. Like I said, horses for courses, but I'd get bored very quickly living in Suffolk.

London is a brilliant city, having lived in Sydney and Brisbane it is streets ahead, bar the weather

But I'm with Libbers, it's not until you leave Suffolk and live elsewhere do you appreciate what you have and a much as I love London, I wouldn't want to live there now, too many people, and people annoy me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 10:00 - Mar 30 with 1457 viewsGeoffSentence

They'd have to wait until the fixture list came out to price it. Mind you that shouldn't be too big a deal, I guesss they could standard price it and what they lose one year they would gain the next.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 10:08 - Mar 30 with 1454 viewsBlueLikeJazz

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 00:05 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

I call bull. I'd pay your rent, council tax, bills and a bit more so that I'm genuinely paying you to live in London AND YOU'D TURN IT DOWN?!?

I love nothing more than walking through greenery "at the end of the day". There's LOADS of it in and around London.

Richmond Park, for example, covers nearly 1000 hectares, and contains 650 resident deer. That's just one park. How much countryside do you want?!

Shhh Dolly, slagging off London is the fashionable thing right now. Pay them no mind....
And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 10:09 - Mar 30 with 1451 viewsTJS

I'm pretty sure this would lose more money for the club than it would bring in.
I think a lot of people who live within quite easy reach of PR would happily skip midweek games due to work commitments etc.

Edit- oh you did say outside a certain radius - not sure how you would enforce this.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 10:11]
And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 10:48 - Mar 30 with 1424 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 10:09 - Mar 30 by TJS

I'm pretty sure this would lose more money for the club than it would bring in.
I think a lot of people who live within quite easy reach of PR would happily skip midweek games due to work commitments etc.

Edit- oh you did say outside a certain radius - not sure how you would enforce this.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 10:11]

Easy. They have your address (to send the ST to), so they only send them to addresses outside the radius.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 11:44 - Mar 30 with 1393 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:30 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 11:49 - Mar 30 with 1383 viewsStenvict

on 07:45 - Mar 30 by _

I used to live in Wyverstone and my Mum still does.

How random, considering how small it is.

Poll: What will be announced first?

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:41 - Mar 30 with 1357 viewsflimflam

on 07:45 - Mar 30 by _

Are you a Wyverstonian?

Lived there till a few years ago.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:44 - Mar 30 with 1354 viewsflimflam

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 08:24 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

London is an absolute overpriced dump.

Why anyone still wishes to live there is beyond me.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:46 - Mar 30 with 1347 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:44 - Mar 30 by flimflam

London is an absolute overpriced dump.

Why anyone still wishes to live there is beyond me.

Haha. Some of the nastier bits could be described as a dump but it's very silly to call the whole thing one.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:50 - Mar 30 with 1338 viewsTJS

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 10:48 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

Easy. They have your address (to send the ST to), so they only send them to addresses outside the radius.

This would be totally easy to abuse.
All anyone would need to do was to put down the address of a friend or relative living outside the area and get them to send your season ticket on.
And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:54 - Mar 30 with 1326 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:50 - Mar 30 by TJS

This would be totally easy to abuse.
All anyone would need to do was to put down the address of a friend or relative living outside the area and get them to send your season ticket on.

Unless they already have your address. But how many in reality will bother going to those lengths to avoid paying for Tuesdays? I'd suggest not many.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 13:04 - Mar 30 with 1320 viewsflimflam

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 12:46 - Mar 30 by Dolly2.0

Haha. Some of the nastier bits could be described as a dump but it's very silly to call the whole thing one.

I would never be able to afford to live in any of the nice parts anyway.

Love visiting with the kids but like others said appreciate Suffolk much more now I am in my forties. Each to their own, just not for me.

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 14:03 - Mar 30 with 1295 viewsDolly2.0

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 13:04 - Mar 30 by flimflam

I would never be able to afford to live in any of the nice parts anyway.

Love visiting with the kids but like others said appreciate Suffolk much more now I am in my forties. Each to their own, just not for me.

Hang on, you just described it as a dump but are now saying you love visiting with the kids?!?!

Do you love visiting lots of dumps with the kids?

on 15:18 - Mar 30 with 1271 views_

on 15:22 - Mar 30 with 1262 views_

And another thing - how about a Saturday only season ticket on 11:49 - Mar 30 by Stenvict

I used to live in Wyverstone and my Mum still does.

How random, considering how small it is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024