Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power 06:50 - Mar 30 with 1497 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39439993

Sobering...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 07:46 - Mar 30 with 1451 viewsBlueBadger

The torygraph's '5 bits of red tape we'll be glad to be rid of' is hilarious, featuring as it does, the idea that on-call doctors sleep overnight, the classic bendy bananas myth, horror that endangered species are protected under law and whining about light bulbs last longer than a few weeks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/27/cut-eu-red-tape-choking-britain-brexi

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:15 - Mar 30 with 1419 viewsDarth_Koont

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 07:46 - Mar 30 by BlueBadger

The torygraph's '5 bits of red tape we'll be glad to be rid of' is hilarious, featuring as it does, the idea that on-call doctors sleep overnight, the classic bendy bananas myth, horror that endangered species are protected under law and whining about light bulbs last longer than a few weeks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/27/cut-eu-red-tape-choking-britain-brexi

What a bunch of clowns - and I include the flag-waving Telegraph in that too.

Complaining about the EU's one-size-fits-all regulations that can now be "tailored" (de-regulated with fewer checks and balances most of these trade cowboys mean) to fit the UK's terms ... it's one size fits all for a single market, you asshats. You know, the market that you want to be able to trade with freely?

It's like they haven't thought this through. Part 5,462.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:16 - Mar 30 with 1412 viewsBlueBadger

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:15 - Mar 30 by Darth_Koont

Complaining about the EU's one-size-fits-all regulations that can now be "tailored" (de-regulated with fewer checks and balances most of these trade cowboys mean) to fit the UK's terms ... it's one size fits all for a single market, you asshats. You know, the market that you want to be able to trade with freely?

Well, I'm sure that longer and more dangerous working hours for doctors will DEFINITELY ease staff shortages.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:26 - Mar 30 with 1391 viewsfactual_blue

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:15 - Mar 30 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, but POLISH BUILDERS.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:38 - Mar 30 with 1366 viewshype313

It's going to be like watching a slow motion car crash.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 08:57 - Mar 30 with 1331 viewsNo9

I watched the Hesletine interview by the less than competent Maitliss last night and noted how passionate and how determined he is about this matter.

I also watched as she allowed & unchallenged, Rees-Mogg to lie through his back teeth about the low levels of trade the UK does t=with the EU
Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:02 - Mar 30 with 1319 viewsWeWereZombies

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 07:46 - Mar 30 by BlueBadger

Well, thanks for flagging that up but Badger, Darth, Factual, last time I looked Heseltine was a Tory (and quite a senior one) so the link might have been better in a new thread. As Hype's whoosh post makes clear, if the same old hackneyed phrases keep on being trotted out then readers switch off.

I was rather hoping that someone would comment on the fact that the rallying point for common sense was an octogenarian, from a party not noted for speaking out against the mainstream and somewhat more coherent and direct than most. Oh, well - at least it gives us a reason to live another twenty years or so if we can observe that Heseltine is still up for a fight at his age. Still does not seem right that everyone else is hiding away and running scared of reality.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:13 - Mar 30 with 1275 viewsNo9

Watching May last night was like watching a 16 year old girl telling her mother she's not going to do anything naughty in the back of her boyfriends car
Login to get fewer ads

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:18 - Mar 30 with 1265 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:13 - Mar 30 by No9

Watching May last night was like watching a 16 year old girl telling her mother she's not going to do anything naughty in the back of her boyfriends car

There's some mental imagery I didn't want!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:21 - Mar 30 with 1256 viewsNo9

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:18 - Mar 30 by Swansea_Blue

There's some mental imagery I didn't want!

It is a better image than the reality of the Telegraph's (Chairman of the parent Co) Andrew Neil fawning over her like a smitten soul. That was very unpleasant last night.
Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:41 - Mar 30 with 1234 viewsDarth_Koont

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:02 - Mar 30 by WeWereZombies

Well, thanks for flagging that up but Badger, Darth, Factual, last time I looked Heseltine was a Tory (and quite a senior one) so the link might have been better in a new thread. As Hype's whoosh post makes clear, if the same old hackneyed phrases keep on being trotted out then readers switch off.

I was rather hoping that someone would comment on the fact that the rallying point for common sense was an octogenarian, from a party not noted for speaking out against the mainstream and somewhat more coherent and direct than most. Oh, well - at least it gives us a reason to live another twenty years or so if we can observe that Heseltine is still up for a fight at his age. Still does not seem right that everyone else is hiding away and running scared of reality.

You raise a good point. Just shows how far to the right we're moving that Heseltine is now a libtard snowflake.

The reason I jumped on the de-regulation stuff was I saw it for the first time and got angry.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 10:34 - Mar 30 with 1151 viewssolemio

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:41 - Mar 30 by Darth_Koont

You raise a good point. Just shows how far to the right we're moving that Heseltine is now a libtard snowflake.

The reason I jumped on the de-regulation stuff was I saw it for the first time and got angry.

To be fair, he was a long way to the left of Thatcher.
Mind you, apart from Genghis Khan and Trump, most people are.
Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 10:39 - Mar 30 with 1140 viewsNo9

Lord Heseltine: Brexit Britain relinquishes power on 09:41 - Mar 30 by Darth_Koont

I believe Hesletine was not as RW as a lot of people thought his publishing interests meant he had to keep a reasonably median line
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024