Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bacon in Hot Cross Buns 10:07 - Mar 30 with 3053 viewsFixed_It

This isn't a thing in Nordic states, or anywhere else for that matter as far as I know. But believe me - it really works!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bacon in Hot Cross Buns on 16:26 - Mar 30 with 496 viewsconnorscontract

Bacon in Hot Cross Buns on 15:47 - Mar 30 by Deano69

Sausage and Marmalade - dee-lish

A very correct answer, indeed.

Can be one of those fancy onion marmalades, or can just be a Robinson's Seville, either way it works very well. If pan frying the sausages you can add the marmalade 5 minutes from the end to add to the caramelisation and stickiness of the skins, or just have the marmalade cold.

Onion marmalade with a Pork and Leek or strongly herbed sausage like a Cumberland or Lincolnshire. Orange or lemon with a classic Pork. I don't do beef sausages, there's something not quite right about them.

I'm currently all about the Gorgonzola. I made a lovely Gorgonzola and Cauliflower soup last week- Covent Garden recipe, but I went 2/3 Gorgonzola Piccante to 1/3 Feta. Like a broccoli and Stilton but with a smoother flavour profile. A little spoonful of wholegrain mustard added at the end just lifted it, and I added a drizzle of chilli oil as a garnish. I'll adapt it further with some lemon- maybe lemon marmalade- to add some sour notes. Yum yum yum.
Bacon in Hot Cross Buns on 21:16 - Mar 30 with 465 viewsFixed_It

Bacon in Hot Cross Buns on 13:52 - Mar 30 by jeera

That sounds disgusting.

Try it. You can thank me later!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024