Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right I've made a decision 12:18 - Mar 30 with 3043 viewsSchancheITFC

I'm not renewing, I'll play golf Saturday instead. Don't think any of my mates I go with are renewing either. We've all had a season ticket for 25 years plus.
Right I've made a decision on 15:53 - Mar 30 with 684 viewsBlueBadger

Right I've made a decision on 12:44 - Mar 30 by ASAx

No worries.

My memory of the Keane era was not that performances were worse.

Results certainly were but it was more a case of losing 3-0 one week, 4-1 the next and then winning 3-1. Rather than drawing them all 0-0.

We were a defensive shambles, but every few games we'd score goals and play some decent stuff.

Plus the press conferences were brilliant and the manager was REALLY famous.

Hilarious jokes aside, I can't think of much worse than Keane or Jewell. At least with MCCarthy you get the sense that had ME given him the size of war chest that those two incompetents got, we'd have gone up in 2015.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Right I've made a decision on 16:02 - Mar 30 with 657 viewsBenters

Right I've made a decision on 15:53 - Mar 30 by BlueBadger

Plus the press conferences were brilliant and the manager was REALLY famous.

Hilarious jokes aside, I can't think of much worse than Keane or Jewell. At least with MCCarthy you get the sense that had ME given him the size of war chest that those two incompetents got, we'd have gone up in 2015.

This and that !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Right I've made a decision on 17:53 - Mar 30 with 626 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Right I've made a decision on 12:21 - Mar 30 by Basuco

Glory hunter, bet you will be back if things start to pick up! Also things are not as bad as the RK era so if you got through those you will be fine next season.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 12:22]

I agree that it was worse under the Dark Lord, but I think that we are further away from promotion than at any time since we got relegated. This is not down to the Manager imo, but the way that finances in this division have changed so dramatically. I respect the fact that the owner can put as much money in as he wants, but he has to recognise that it is unfair on the fans to charge us top dollar if he is not going to put in the investment to match.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Right I've made a decision on 18:45 - Mar 30 with 610 viewsjas0999

Right I've made a decision on 12:29 - Mar 30 by ASAx

Things are much worse than under Keane.

Under Keane we had a squad of reasonable players (McAuley, Delaney, Leadbitter, Wickham) that could have challenged for the top 6 with the right manager. We had a seemingly supportive owner, prepared to pay the going rate to sign the right players and we had enthusiastic fans that slowly had that enthusiasm washed away by realising how inept Keane was.

We now have a much poorer squad, an owner not prepared to spend anything, not even 10% of money we raise through sales, the lowest crowds we've had for two decades, fans not renewing left right and centre, a manager we all want to leave even whilst recognising what he did for the club initially, boring and negative football even to relegation sides that have lost their last six and a board that couldn't care less about the fans.

Under Keane the manager element was broken. Now it's everything.

As for the whole glory hunter thing it's laughable. Nobody here expects glory. But we expect a competent owner, a plan moving forward, a manager who doesn't disrespect the fans at every chance, a team that tries to win games and some level of entertainment.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 12:53]

Under Keane we had packed media rooms for press conferences, which were often shown on SKY sports news. Sold more season tickets. Agree - we had some good players - Evans let many go for nothing because their contracts expired. We also didn't have Milne, who makes Clegg look competent. Sadly, Keane wasn't a great manager.
Right I've made a decision on 21:04 - Mar 30 with 572 viewsmediamatt

Exactly this.
Did the deed today. Sent the mail, got the response I expected.
Done.

I'll be hacking my way round The Warren on a Saturday afternoon for the foreseeable.

Going to be very strange indeed.
Right I've made a decision on 21:50 - Mar 30 with 553 viewsTexaco73

You could go and watch Ipswich Wanderers instead. Leiston... Needham Market... There's lots of good non-league football to be had and the clubs will really appreciate your support and entrance fees..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024