Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why I am renewing my season ticket 14:39 - Mar 30 with 1426 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I honestly wish I had the guts to walk away and I fully respect those that are doing just that. i know things probably won't change and I know my renewing makes me partly to blame .

NEGATIVES

Manager
Obviously, I don't enjoy the football. McCarthy's style lacks entertainment and I long for the slick passing of the Burley era. Yes every season seemed to end in play off semi-final defeat but we passed teams off the park and it was a joy to witness. I long for proper football back at Town and I don't buy the logic that you can play passing football and lose. Of course you can, but you can also see passing football that wins.

I actually think Mick is a very competent manager. I don't like the hoofball, how he has seemingly made decent players look poor and his questionable tactical decisions. However, I think rightly or wrongly his approach gets more points out of a squad that they are worth on paper. Now though, avoiding relegation is being counted as a decent job.

Owner
Yes ME loans us considerable sums to keep us afloat, but it simply is not enough for the modern Championship. Owners have to bankroll a club if they are to compete. That is the game and quite frankly it always has been. Maybe in the Premier League clubs can become self-sustainable, but elsewhere it's always been reliant on owner investment. Having said, that ME doesn't have to put more in if he doesn't want to - it's his money, but if that is his approach, our budget just gets less and less competitive.

ST Fiasco
I don't mind my £8 price rise in one respect. It is reasonable from a purely financial viewpoint. Indeed if we saw progress on the pitch I'm sure most people would renew. However after the season we've had, the dwindling attendances, the lack of replacements for players sold, and the fact they had an major review of prices, to actually put prices up is a fundamentally poor decision. It will clearly drive away more revenue than it will create. This coupled with the way 60-65 year olds have been hit so hard shows a total lack of understanding from the club.

So despite all the above why can't I just walk away? I don't pretend to love the club more than anyone else. I'm not more loyal. In fact I'm probably less strong than those making a stand.

But for me, I can't stop because it's my club, it's our club. I refuse to be pushed away by people who haven't put a lifetime's dedication into following it. Ian Milne did not ask to stay up late to watch Sportsnight to see Mick Mills lift the Uefa Cup. Marcus Evans did not have a panini sticker of Eric Gates stuck to the frame of his bunk bed. No, I'm not going anywhere. We will care about ITFC long after Mick has gone, long after Marcus has sold up.

Put simply I don't think I couId face being somewhere else when my club is playing at Portman Road, even if that means those in charge may misinterpret this as an endorsement.

Sorry folks. Hope to see you all back at PR in happier days.
Why I am renewing my season ticket on 14:57 - Mar 30 with 1369 viewsSmithy

Yep pretty much how I'm feeling, although I will wait and see what the summer brings. My fear is the alternative is being dragged round the shops by the missus, however even that seemed an upgrade on the drivel served up this season.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Why I am renewing my season ticket on 15:04 - Mar 30 with 1344 viewsTheBlueBarca

I admire your love but they definitely will not show it in return.

Even if we do stay up, you will be treated to the exact same nonsense next season just chances are with a different manager. They'll sign a few loans that will use us as a shop window for better contracts elsewhere and sign that Sunderland reserve striker you have never heard of and call it "significant investment". We will finish 15th if we are lucky, after a season of nonsense football and they'll ask you for money money to watch it again the season after that.

You do not deserve that treatment, remember you invest much of your hard earned and time into the club too out of love.

You broadly agree with all of us that things must change, well I would say sacrifice next season because it may well just jolt them into change if their having to find money to cover from further losses - if they get 10k renewals again it will be a green light for them to carry on the way they are.

If you do not renew, and the numbers are way down you may see the change we desperately need.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Why I am renewing my season ticket on 15:05 - Mar 30 with 1328 viewsBlueNomad

It's the way I am leaning. It's the hope that kills.....................
Well said (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 30 with 1281 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Why I am renewing my season ticket on 15:21 - Mar 30 with 1271 viewsWickets

Yes i'm gonna renew mine but more in hope than expectation and must admit i have stopped going to most away matches now instead i watch Mildenhall, Brandon or Newmarket and tbh enjoy them more!!
Why I am renewing my season ticket on 15:52 - Mar 30 with 1166 viewsBluebell

Me too.

I agree with all of that except I didn't have any Panini stickers.
Why I am renewing my season ticket on 15:57 - Mar 30 with 1149 viewsDeano69

I have to say thats my sentiments entirely.

It would feel like cutting my nose off to not renew, regardless of how disenchanted I am. I have decided to renew.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Why I am renewing my season ticket on 16:04 - Mar 30 with 1108 viewsPJH

I have never considered not renewing although I do understand some of the reasons that some people have given for not renewing.

Having seen just about everything that our club has achieved so far I am not going to stop going whilst I am still able to do so.

As I have said before the only two words that would stop me going are the only two words that have ever stopped me going(for a year and a bit)-Roy Keane.
Login to get fewer ads

Why I am renewing my season ticket on 16:05 - Mar 30 with 1108 viewsvapour_trail

Great post. I too had a panini sticker of gatesy stuck to my bunk bed

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why I am renewing my season ticket on 16:10 - Mar 30 with 1082 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Yes ME loans us considerable sums to keep us afloat"

And therein lies the problem, that loan is all he puts in the playing staff are way down the list, and with fans deserting in droves its only going to get worse.

Under ME's business model and MM's management we are only heading in one direction, relegation if not this season, then the next, and the only way we'll have money to spend on players is by filling the stadium every game.

Unfortunately with anti-Ipswich football and an anti-fan pricing strategy I'm looking forward to hell freezing over.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024