Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst 14:54 - Mar 30 with 1047 viewsMaySixth

terrible for Coleman and speedy recovery but the fact that FIFA are investigating a tackle shows how bad football has become

what are they going to prove? that it was a late tackle?

loads of similarly bad tackles happen every week but thankfully someone escapes injury

i assume they are going to investigate those as well

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 15:22 - Mar 30 with 987 viewsScuzzer

It's all a farce...football that is.

Established 1968

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 16:41 - Mar 30 with 913 viewsBasuco

Maybe they will ask why English refs are happy to let so many similar tackles get away without a freekick let alone a card, it does not happen in other Countries. They should be investigating why English referees do not apply the same rules of the game as Europe in PL & EFL games. I know this was not a league game but the players were all or mostly PL or EFL players and appeared to be refereed in that manor.
FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 07:09 - Mar 31 with 795 viewsUHTREDINIT

Players of exceptional skill will always be targeted for foul tactics, especially when there are ref's who have no concern for some players safety = Yeovil town fc v Leeds united. One of the worse pieces of refereeing i have ever seen happened in this match.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 2:01]
FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 07:33 - Mar 31 with 773 viewschristiand

I know it's a terrible injury and a late tackle, but I honestly felt Taylor was just trying to block the cross. Naiive of me?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 7:40]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 07:59 - Mar 31 with 742 viewsNo9

Sooner or later the insurance providers will step is and refuse to insure players if the authorities don't control dangerous play.
FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 08:14 - Mar 31 with 729 viewsHerbivore

It was a reckless tackle no doubt but he got sent off for it so I don't see what there is to investigate. I seriously doubt he intended to cause a serious injury, although no investigation could prove that either way, and there are similar or worse tackles most weeks that thankfully don't result in such injuries. You can't launch an investigation every time a player is unfortunate enough to be injured by a poor tackle, especially one the perpetrator was sent off for.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 10:24 - Mar 31 with 679 viewsSwansea_Blue

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 07:33 - Mar 31 by christiand

I know it's a terrible injury and a late tackle, but I honestly felt Taylor was just trying to block the cross. Naiive of me?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 7:40]

It was reckless, rush of the blood to the head, but I don't think there was malice. Coleman and Taylor were both fully committed to a 50:50 - one got there too late. But there was an edge to the game - it was getting more physical, not helped by the ref letting Ireland get away with an elbow and other rough stuff in the first half. But then you wouldn't expect anything less from a team Keane is involved in.

It's difficult balancing act for refs, as if the stop all hard challenges players take the pee by rolling round like they've been shot to win free kicks. But players also need protection.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 10:26 - Mar 31 with 671 viewsitfcjoe

I haven't seen it back many times, but I didn't think it was that bad a tackle - just late and a bit reckless but nothing OTT

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 10:37 - Mar 31 with 651 viewscaught-in-limbo

FIFA investigating Neil Taylor's challenge - modern football at it's worst on 08:14 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

It was a reckless tackle no doubt but he got sent off for it so I don't see what there is to investigate. I seriously doubt he intended to cause a serious injury, although no investigation could prove that either way, and there are similar or worse tackles most weeks that thankfully don't result in such injuries. You can't launch an investigation every time a player is unfortunate enough to be injured by a poor tackle, especially one the perpetrator was sent off for.

I haven't seen the tackle, but is it possible that FIFA could find him guilty of a hate crime?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024