Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe 16:57 - Mar 30 with 2910 viewsbontcho

Is Crowe ready to be a second choice keeper? I think one of our squad's problem is it is too big and prevents youngsters coming through. If he's ready we could either cash in on Bart (only one year left on his contract and I fear he could go in 15 months time) or release Gerken.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 17:00 - Mar 30 with 2200 viewshype313

I've seen him, he flies through the air.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 17:02 - Mar 30 with 2201 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 17:09 - Mar 30 with 2176 viewsLuk38644

He plays every Wednesday night at Goals in Ipswich for a 5-a-side team, didn't realise how f*cking huge he is!
Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 17:11 - Mar 30 with 2161 viewsbournemouthblue

What's our English youth goalie like, has he got potential?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 19:12 - Mar 30 with 2047 viewsGeoffSentence

on 17:02 - Mar 30 by _

But then |Tommy Smith had a dodgy loan spell at Colchester and he was alright when he came back.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 19:25 - Mar 30 with 2024 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 19:12 - Mar 30 by GeoffSentence

But then |Tommy Smith had a dodgy loan spell at Colchester and he was alright when he came back.

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 20:54 - Mar 30 with 1887 viewsbontcho

on 19:25 - Mar 30 by _

He's 21 so needs to be at least 2nd choice. My sense is he won't be.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 21:02 - Mar 30 with 1876 viewsVic

No, he's just a rookie as yet.

Not sure I agree with your comment about the squad siz and youngsters. A few months ago everyone said the squad was to too small and, given the injuries we've just had its a very good job Mick did boost the numbers a bit in Jan. With Dozzell, Kenlock, Emmanuel and Webster all getting plenty of game time his season I dont think we can poke Mick with that stick.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 21:34 - Mar 30 with 1822 viewsITFC_Forever

Apparently he's not getting a new contract, and with Bart likely to be off, we are offering Gerken a contract otherwise we'll have no goalkeepers at all.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 23:27 - Mar 30 with 1715 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 21:34 - Mar 30 by ITFC_Forever

Apparently he's not getting a new contract, and with Bart likely to be off, we are offering Gerken a contract otherwise we'll have no goalkeepers at all.

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 02:51 - Mar 31 with 1633 viewsharlingblue

Good shot stopper, but parries the ball rather than hold on to it like Bart. Perhaps our goalkeeper coach needs to work on this as he has a great build for a keeper?
Hayes getting experience at Leiston and doing well, but of smaller build.
As for Gerken, getting no game time, wasted here, would be a very good keeper at Div 1 level.
Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 03:42 - Mar 31 with 1621 viewschristiand

The fact he's 21 and had next to no first team experience at Ipswich shows he isn't going to make it here imo. Gerken unfortunately isn't good enough either decent shot stopper, but coming off his line to gather crosses or sweeping up through balls I always have my heart in my mouth - never convinced by him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:04 - Mar 31 with 1541 viewsReuser_is_God

So we'll still have no goalkeepers then?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 07:08 - Mar 31 with 1534 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:04 - Mar 31 by Reuser_is_God

So we'll still have no goalkeepers then?

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:10 - Mar 31 with 1524 viewsReuser_is_God

on 07:08 - Mar 31 by _

'Gerks pushes him really hard every day'

Mick McCarty every time he has to praise Bart post match.

Evans out

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:11 - Mar 31 with 1523 viewsReuser_is_God

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 03:42 - Mar 31 by christiand

The fact he's 21 and had next to no first team experience at Ipswich shows he isn't going to make it here imo. Gerken unfortunately isn't good enough either decent shot stopper, but coming off his line to gather crosses or sweeping up through balls I always have my heart in my mouth - never convinced by him.

21 is young for a GK.

Evans out

on 07:13 - Mar 31 with 1514 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:10 - Mar 31 by Reuser_is_God

'Gerks pushes him really hard every day'

Mick McCarty every time he has to praise Bart post match.

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:28 - Mar 31 with 1484 viewschristiand

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:11 - Mar 31 by Reuser_is_God

21 is young for a GK.

Agreed, but normally if they are showing potential they are already pushing - Crowe seems nowhere near and he hasn't even had any first team league experience with any club. I know they are exceptional examples but look at Richard Wright, Shane Supple, Paul Gerrard, Kasper Schmeichel, Joe Hart and many more - all goalkeepers that made their league debuts in their teens. Look at the current AC Milan keeper, 16 when he made this debut in Serie A. Think Crowe will need to move on for his career to progress, I hope he does it and proves Ipswich wrong!!!

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:29 - Mar 31 with 1479 viewsKieran_Knows

on 23:27 - Mar 30 by _

Harry Wright.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 07:34 - Mar 31 with 1465 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:28 - Mar 31 by christiand

Agreed, but normally if they are showing potential they are already pushing - Crowe seems nowhere near and he hasn't even had any first team league experience with any club. I know they are exceptional examples but look at Richard Wright, Shane Supple, Paul Gerrard, Kasper Schmeichel, Joe Hart and many more - all goalkeepers that made their league debuts in their teens. Look at the current AC Milan keeper, 16 when he made this debut in Serie A. Think Crowe will need to move on for his career to progress, I hope he does it and proves Ipswich wrong!!!

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:35 - Mar 31 with 1459 viewshype313

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:28 - Mar 31 by christiand

The problem for Crowe is that the one and only positive to come out of this club and season is Bart. He's been undroppble, Crowe could have been excellent day in day out but there is no way Mick was going to take a punt on a rookie, when our back four are as leaky as a sieve.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:38 - Mar 31 with 1449 viewschristiand

on 07:34 - Mar 31 by _

To league clubs? He's played in the conference, but I don't think he's made his debut in the football league.

on 07:40 - Mar 31 with 1437 views_

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:38 - Mar 31 by christiand

To league clubs? He's played in the conference, but I don't think he's made his debut in the football league.

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:43 - Mar 31 with 1428 viewschristiand

on 07:40 - Mar 31 by _

No I said that, if you re-read my post. Is that a telling factor that he has not been taken by a league club?

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 08:13 - Mar 31 with 1395 viewsitfcjoe

Those who watch the reserves - Michael Crowe on 07:43 - Mar 31 by christiand

No I said that, if you re-read my post. Is that a telling factor that he has not been taken by a league club?

It's a difficult situation for him, he spent time on trial at Pompey ahead of last season - didn't concede a goal across 3 games he played for them but they opted to bring in a more experienced keeper for their league campaign and we didn't want him to go out and be a number 2.

He looks like he's regressed a bit since, but has a great frame and is a good keeper. He probably needs to leave though to play elsewhere because clubs are much more likely to give a contracted 21 year old opportunities than a loanee because they have more of a stake in development

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024