Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It 15:52 - Mar 31 with 1562 viewsPhilTWTD

Just had the request below, can anyone help out? Email address at the bottom.

My name is Chloe, I work on a BBC programme called Flog it. I am hoping you might be able to help. We are looking for some images of Ipswich Town FC to include in a programme we have filmed in Suffolk, and was hoping the users on your website could help

We are looking for the following images, the images would have to have been taken by the person providing them or a family member:

- Ipswich Town in 1930s before it went professional
- Pics of Bobby Robson in Ipswich town colours/tracksuit actually coaching/managing the team
- Exteriors of Ipswich Town FC (Portman Rd) with statues of Bobby Robson and Alf Ramsey outside
- Pic of Alf Ramsey
- Pics of Ipswich Town winning the FA Cup in 1978
- Pics of Ipswich Town winning the UEFA Cup in 1980/81

I'd be very grateful for any help you are able to give.

Many thanks

Chloe Garfoot
Researcher
BBC Flog It!
chloe.garfoot@bbc.co.uk
Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 15:53 - Mar 31 with 1535 viewsSteve_M

She should probably e-mail Milne; I'm sure the club would be quite happy flogging off our history for a few quid.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 15:55 - Mar 31 with 1506 viewshype313

Exteriors of Ipswich Town FC (Portman Rd) with statues of Bobby Robson and Alf Ramsey outside.

Do you a deal Chloe, we give you pics if you give them a bit of brasso.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 15:56 - Mar 31 with 1504 viewsPinewoodblue

Presumably the club wanted a fee.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 16:13 - Mar 31 with 1423 viewsIllinoisblue

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 15:53 - Mar 31 by Steve_M

She should probably e-mail Milne; I'm sure the club would be quite happy flogging off our history for a few quid.

I imagined you saying that in a Ben Elton rant style

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 16:32 - Mar 31 with 1388 viewsfactual_blue

So how long have you been Chloe, Phil?

Slightly unconventional way to announce it, but you're amongst friends.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 17:04 - Mar 31 with 1350 viewsCheltenham_Blue

As a point of order can I ask that anyone sending images the BBC invoice accordingly for them (£150) for a limited use.

This unfortunately is now common form for the likes of the Beeb who no longer want to pay for photography and its forcing guys like me out of business.

Can I say, its also pi ss poor that you've passed it on Phil, as you of all people know they should be paying for imagery.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 17:07]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 17:59 - Mar 31 with 1274 viewsPhilTWTD

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 17:04 - Mar 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

As a point of order can I ask that anyone sending images the BBC invoice accordingly for them (£150) for a limited use.

This unfortunately is now common form for the likes of the Beeb who no longer want to pay for photography and its forcing guys like me out of business.

Can I say, its also pi ss poor that you've passed it on Phil, as you of all people know they should be paying for imagery.

Think the idea is they want fans'/people's photos rather than professional shots. At least that was how I read it, although I do see your point having reread. We do pay a fair bit for photos ourselves.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 18:07 - Mar 31 with 1236 viewsfactual_blue

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 17:04 - Mar 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

I assume they're looking to do a programme about football photos ir something. After all, Flog It is a programme about selling antiques and vintage items.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 18:13 - Mar 31 with 1221 viewsPinewoodblue

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 18:07 - Mar 31 by factual_blue

I assume they're looking to do a programme about football photos ir something. After all, Flog It is a programme about selling antiques and vintage items.

They have already filmed the programme. Sounds as if one of the items auctioned was some sort of Ipswich Town Football Momorabilia. Something to flash on the screen while someone talks over it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:12 - Mar 31 with 1157 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 17:59 - Mar 31 by PhilTWTD

Think the idea is they want fans'/people's photos rather than professional shots. At least that was how I read it, although I do see your point having reread. We do pay a fair bit for photos ourselves.

This post has been edited by an administrator

No Phil, they want free pics, and they'll tell people that they 'have no budget for photography' too.
Then don't use the pics, I have no budget for a BMW X5, but I'll ask anyway.

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:16 - Mar 31 with 1138 viewsLord_Lucan

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:12 - Mar 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

No Phil, they want free pics, and they'll tell people that they 'have no budget for photography' too.

Stop whinging Cheltenham

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:50 - Mar 31 with 1096 viewsstickymockwell

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:12 - Mar 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

surely Chloe is just doing her job?
I understand your frustration but if you can get something for free, why pay for it? Plus Bob from Chantry gets the Kidos of having his picture on the tele.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 20:16 - Mar 31 with 1041 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:16 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

Stop whinging Cheltenham

No.

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 20:18 - Mar 31 with 1031 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 19:50 - Mar 31 by stickymockwell

surely Chloe is just doing her job?
I understand your frustration but if you can get something for free, why pay for it? Plus Bob from Chantry gets the Kidos of having his picture on the tele.

Whats your job? Seriously.

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 20:27 - Mar 31 with 1016 viewsstickymockwell

Town Photos Wanted for TV's Flog It on 20:18 - Mar 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Whats your job? Seriously.

I make soap. It's a commodity. Fortunately people can't get it for free.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 20:28]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024