Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? 04:18 - Apr 1 with 1565 viewsharlingblue

It is easy to pick a team to go for a draw, but so difficult to select a team to go for a win.
No natural hold up player/scorer up front, no natural wingers.
What team would you select to hopefully gain 3 points against Birmingham and a further 3 against Wigan?
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:04 - Apr 1 with 1503 viewssimoitfc

bart
emanuel,chambers,smith,knudson,kenlock
huws,skuse,bishop
pitman,mcgoldrick

thats if lawrence is injured
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:26 - Apr 1 with 1476 viewsTractorWood

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:04 - Apr 1 by simoitfc

bart
emanuel,chambers,smith,knudson,kenlock
huws,skuse,bishop
pitman,mcgoldrick

thats if lawrence is injured

No way. Way too attacking For MM.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:48 - Apr 1 with 1451 viewsgtsb1966

Pitman must be involved in these two winnable games imho.
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:52 - Apr 1 with 1445 viewsSteve_M

Why, we played a team that tried to beat Leeds and that was only three home matches ago. I know the second half against Brentford and Wolves matches were awful but it isn't impossible with the players, and manager, we have.

Bart
Spence Chambers Berra Knudsen Kenlock
Skuse Ward Huws
McGoldrick Sears

I would rather have a back four but I think this lineup gets more out of the midfield.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 08:14 - Apr 1 with 1414 views_

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:15 - Apr 1 with 1413 viewsBluebell

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:52 - Apr 1 by Steve_M

Why, we played a team that tried to beat Leeds and that was only three home matches ago. I know the second half against Brentford and Wolves matches were awful but it isn't impossible with the players, and manager, we have.

Bart
Spence Chambers Berra Knudsen Kenlock
Skuse Ward Huws
McGoldrick Sears

I would rather have a back four but I think this lineup gets more out of the midfield.

If Lawrence isn't fit this is the team I would go with too with the hope that Pitman would be brought on with at least 20 minutes to go if we haven't scored or are losing.

I think I read Smith got back from International duty late so would guess he is on the bench. If not I would start him instead of Kenlock and put Knudsen out wide.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 8:34]
on 08:18 - Apr 1 with 1394 views_

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:15 - Apr 1 by Bluebell

If Lawrence isn't fit this is the team I would go with too with the hope that Pitman would be brought on with at least 20 minutes to go if we haven't scored or are losing.

I think I read Smith got back from International duty late so would guess he is on the bench. If not I would start him instead of Kenlock and put Knudsen out wide.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 8:34]

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:25 - Apr 1 with 1372 viewschristiand

Bart
Spence, Chambers, Taylor, Kenlock
Lawrence, Huws, Dave, Ward
Williams
McGoldrick

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:26 - Apr 1 with 1368 viewsfloridaboy

on 08:18 - Apr 1 by _

I actually think we will do better than most on here think. Part of me is happy Lawrence is injured. We did OK when he was suspended. Has to play Pitman and Sears up front
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:59 - Apr 1 with 1311 viewsSuffolktractor

Bart
Chambers Berra Knudsen
Skuse
Emmanuel Kenlock
Huws
McGoldrick
Pitman Sears
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 10:37 - Apr 1 with 1263 viewsPilgrimblue

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:59 - Apr 1 by Suffolktractor

Bart
Chambers Berra Knudsen
Skuse
Emmanuel Kenlock
Huws
McGoldrick
Pitman Sears

On basis that Tom is injured then that's the best attacking team MM could pick. Others above seem to have forgotten to put in goal scorer but knowing MM he'll go for a point so expecting 0-0 or 1-1
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 1257 viewsHerbivore

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 07:26 - Apr 1 by TractorWood

No way. Way too attacking For MM.

Except it isn't, is it? It's pretty similar to the line up he picks when everyone has been available, with the exception of picking Bishop ahead of Ward and Pitman coming in for Lawrence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 10:42 - Apr 1 with 1254 viewsHerbivore

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 08:25 - Apr 1 by christiand

Bart
Spence, Chambers, Taylor, Kenlock
Lawrence, Huws, Dave, Ward
Williams
McGoldrick

Is today the day to be picking a starting XI with so many changes and at least 4 players coming back from injuries?

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 11:39 - Apr 1 with 1225 viewstaximan

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 10:37 - Apr 1 by Pilgrimblue

On basis that Tom is injured then that's the best attacking team MM could pick. Others above seem to have forgotten to put in goal scorer but knowing MM he'll go for a point so expecting 0-0 or 1-1

first name terms ?
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 12:59 - Apr 1 with 1144 viewsHerbivore

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 11:39 - Apr 1 by taximan

first name terms ?

Lawrence is also a first name to be fair.

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 13:01 - Apr 1 with 1141 viewstaximan

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 12:59 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Lawrence is also a first name to be fair.

but not in this instance
It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 14:04 - Apr 1 with 1103 viewsTractorWood

It's so difficult to pick a team for Saturday? on 10:40 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Except it isn't, is it? It's pretty similar to the line up he picks when everyone has been available, with the exception of picking Bishop ahead of Ward and Pitman coming in for Lawrence.

Apology accepted.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024