Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best 21:45 - Apr 4 with 3092 viewsMullet

How does that work then? Was it all McGoldrick tonight?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:50 - Apr 4 with 2728 viewsRocky

Never heard it, but he's got a point.
Our midfield has been less than ordinary all season
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:51 - Apr 4 with 2705 viewsCoco

Mills knows what he is talking about and isn't going to be conned by one result.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:52 - Apr 4 with 2685 viewsMullet

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:50 - Apr 4 by Rocky

Never heard it, but he's got a point.
Our midfield has been less than ordinary all season

Well it has, but how can you win 3-0 and him run through all of them like that?

Clearly if we had had a fitter more settled midfield none of this season would be quite as depressing or subject to so much over-analysis and misery. But he was specifically saying tonight all of them were poor, underwhelming or ordinary basically.

Don't understand how that's possible.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:54 - Apr 4 with 2618 viewsCoco

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:52 - Apr 4 by Mullet

Clearly if we had had a fitter more settled midfield none of this season would be quite as depressing or subject to so much over-analysis and misery. But he was specifically saying tonight all of them were poor, underwhelming or ordinary basically.

Really?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:59 - Apr 4 with 2553 viewsdalianwasexciting

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 21:52 - Apr 4 by Mullet

The midfield issues are well documented and have existed for a number of seasons now. We have also bypassed it for so long that it almost has become an underused function. No creativity would be an understatement.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 22:07 - Apr 4 with 2475 viewsHerbivore

Midfield was very good tonight, Ward especially was everywhere and possibly MoM for me. Mills is talking guff.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 22:39 - Apr 4 with 2275 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah he was talking bollox.

None of the 3 CM's were outstanding but they just work well as a trio & give us a lot of drive.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 22:44 - Apr 4 with 2207 viewsfabian_illness

Mick Mills is just like my Grandad, he'll find fault and have a good moan about absolutely anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 23:08 - Apr 4 with 2101 viewstextbackup

Oi manc answer my DM

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 01:25 - Apr 5 with 1975 viewsflimflam

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 22:07 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

Midfield was very good tonight, Ward especially was everywhere and possibly MoM for me. Mills is talking guff.

Huws and Ward average tonight with Dave marginally better. Mills was spot on and one swallow does not make a summer. All 3 goals were from Wigan errors and not created as such by us but welcome all the same.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 03:33 - Apr 5 with 1914 viewsbluejake78

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 01:25 - Apr 5 by flimflam

Huws and Ward average tonight with Dave marginally better. Mills was spot on and one swallow does not make a summer. All 3 goals were from Wigan errors and not created as such by us but welcome all the same.

Unforced errors they call it in the trade.I loved to see Searsie nipping in there.There will never be 40 goals from a Lawrence screamer every season. Well done tonight Blues/MM/TC and maybe listening to the fans.
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 04:14 - Apr 5 with 1896 viewsBenters

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 01:25 - Apr 5 by flimflam

Well apart from that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:04 - Apr 5 with 1852 viewsbrogansnose

Sometimes Mills talks a lot of sense and sometimes he doesn't. That midfield last night hasn't had much chance to play together and did a fine job especially with Ward being the player we hoped he would be in that more central role. The whole midfield was forward looking and play linked up well between them and Sears and McG with the wing backs supported well. Loved the boy Sears playing more centrally too, getting service and doing those 'searing' runs.

Was it an amazing performance ? If you micro analyse players then you will always find fault but I can't be tossed to do that because I enjoyed the game and we scored three. That's all I want, to enjoy my football.

PS. McG, what a delight he is to watch.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 6:29]
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:29 - Apr 5 with 1805 viewsBenters

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:04 - Apr 5 by brogansnose

Sometimes Mills talks a lot of sense and sometimes he doesn't. That midfield last night hasn't had much chance to play together and did a fine job especially with Ward being the player we hoped he would be in that more central role. The whole midfield was forward looking and play linked up well between them and Sears and McG with the wing backs supported well. Loved the boy Sears playing more centrally too, getting service and doing those 'searing' runs.

Was it an amazing performance ? If you micro analyse players then you will always find fault but I can't be tossed to do that because I enjoyed the game and we scored three. That's all I want, to enjoy my football.

PS. McG, what a delight he is to watch.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 6:29]

So you will be renewing now then ?

Gentlybentley

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:30 - Apr 5 with 1797 viewsbrogansnose

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:29 - Apr 5 by Benters

No.
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:32 - Apr 5 with 1790 viewsBenters

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:30 - Apr 5 by brogansnose

No.

Pint you do !

Gentlybentley

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 07:54 - Apr 5 with 1648 viewsHerbivore

I don't agree with any of that.

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 07:57 - Apr 5 with 1638 viewstaximan

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 06:29 - Apr 5 by Benters

i'm tempted after this amazing result

i bet you are too
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 07:59 - Apr 5 with 1638 viewsHerbivore

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 07:57 - Apr 5 by taximan

i'm tempted after this amazing result

i bet you are too

To renew you already need to have a season ticket. Sorry to disappoint you, but neither you nor Benters will be able to renew. You can buy a new season ticket if you like, might keep you both busier and reduce the amount of time you're on here behaving like mooks.

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 08:02 - Apr 5 with 1623 viewstextbackup

Seeing Huws and wards energy is just so refreshing compared to skuse and dougie

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 08:18 - Apr 5 with 1581 viewsitfcjoe

Huws shows how much he has been missed, not everything came off but he gets about and on the ball so well and uses it nicely

Diagouraga is much more composed on the ball and won it back well numerous times, is happy to hold on to the ball and move forwards with it and didn't do anything wrong.

Ward got about very well, didn't always use it the best but did a lot of hard yards and was very positive with it.

None were at the best, but they all complimented each other nicely and gave us a lot of energy and good balance.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 09:02 - Apr 5 with 1506 viewsNo9

He made a sort of sideways comment on Saturday to say the midfield isn't up to much & has made the point from time to time but I thought he went a bit OTT last night
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 10:27 - Apr 5 with 1405 viewsflimflam

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 07:54 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

I don't agree with any of that.

That's how I saw it anyway. None of them played badly and as other posters have said there was more energy and playing on the half turn which can only improve us. They also gave the strikers more freedom to pressure their defence which resulted in the goals.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 00:58 - Apr 6 with 1195 viewsharlingblue

The midfield against Wigan was ok but nothing special, but worked well as a unit, the two attacking fullbacks were the players that inspired the team with their positive attacking input. McGoldrick and Sears then upped their game and seized on the Wigan weakness.
Bart again did his bit to ensure the points, but MM should use tactics that allows him to pass the ball to a defender/midfielder that wants it, instead of a hopeless punt that gives the opposition the chance to attack us again.
Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 07:39 - Apr 6 with 1103 viewsHerbivore

Mills just slagged off every midfielder and called them ordinary at best on 00:58 - Apr 6 by harlingblue

The midfield against Wigan was ok but nothing special, but worked well as a unit, the two attacking fullbacks were the players that inspired the team with their positive attacking input. McGoldrick and Sears then upped their game and seized on the Wigan weakness.
Bart again did his bit to ensure the points, but MM should use tactics that allows him to pass the ball to a defender/midfielder that wants it, instead of a hopeless punt that gives the opposition the chance to attack us again.

Bart played it short to Spence numerous times on Tuesday but it's not possible to do so every single time, even Pep Guardiola is finding that in the English game the tempo and pressing style necessitates the goalie just launching it at times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024