Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick mills 07:34 - Apr 5 with 2648 viewsbluelady

Had a real go at out full backs last night, tad unfair I think!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 7:35]
Mick mills on 08:05 - Apr 5 with 2604 viewsGeoffSentence

That's the fullbacks and the midfield he had a pop at then. Were the centre backs and strikers spared his acid tongue?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick mills on 08:07 - Apr 5 with 2596 viewsbluelady

Mick mills on 08:05 - Apr 5 by GeoffSentence

That's the fullbacks and the midfield he had a pop at then. Were the centre backs and strikers spared his acid tongue?

Think so! I missed the midfield attack just the FB! I thought they both played well!
Mick mills on 08:08 - Apr 5 with 2593 viewsHerbivore

They played well, couple of silly free kicks given away but otherwise they both had good games. I'm wondering if Mills was sat there watching a re-run of Saturday instead of last night's game?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick mills on 08:25 - Apr 5 with 2550 viewsArnieM

I thought Kenlock was outstanding last night. Getting into the box, taking their defenders on, whipping in crosses a winger would be proud of. You never see Knudsen do this.

#Kenlock#1stchoiceleftback

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mick mills on 08:31 - Apr 5 with 2533 viewsFreddies_Ears

Mick mills on 08:25 - Apr 5 by ArnieM

I thought Kenlock was outstanding last night. Getting into the box, taking their defenders on, whipping in crosses a winger would be proud of. You never see Knudsen do this.

He also gave the ball away in defensive positions far too often.
Mick mills on 08:41 - Apr 5 with 2502 viewsSuperfrans

Kenlock was excellent. Spence looks great going forward, but has a tendency to fall asleep at the back on occasion. But we look so much better with creative full-backs - Kenlock in particular makes a huge difference to us going forward.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick mills on 08:43 - Apr 5 with 2490 viewsBasuco

Mick mills on 08:31 - Apr 5 by Freddies_Ears

He also gave the ball away in defensive positions far too often.

That is what you get with youngsters, he will no doubt come good but needs games and a bit of leeway for those judgment errors.
Mick mills on 08:56 - Apr 5 with 2445 viewssoupytwist

Mick mills on 08:05 - Apr 5 by GeoffSentence

He said that Spence started well but then faded and that Kenlock largely won his battles on his side of the pitch.

He was scathing about the midfield but complimentary about the three centre backs, goalkeeper and attackers.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick mills on 08:59 - Apr 5 with 2434 viewsNo9

Considering town scored 3 and kept a clean sheet (thanks to Bart) Mick Mills did seem a little misplaced
Mick mills on 09:19 - Apr 5 with 2399 viewsPJH

I thought he was very good going forward but not so good defensively.
At least three times he unnecessarily created dangerous situations for us defensively,two of them in the space of about 5 seconds just before half time.
I think he and Emmanuel could both become very good players but both need to improve their decision making when defending.
Mick mills on 09:23 - Apr 5 with 2381 viewsWeWereZombies

Mick mills on 08:07 - Apr 5 by bluelady

Think so! I missed the midfield attack just the FB! I thought they both played well!

Mills picked apart the midfield in his summing up immediately after the game. I don't think Brenner intervened to question the 'radio gold'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Mick mills on 09:30 - Apr 5 with 2363 viewstheipswichman

Mick mills on 09:19 - Apr 5 by PJH

I thought he was very good going forward but not so good defensively.
At least three times he unnecessarily created dangerous situations for us defensively,two of them in the space of about 5 seconds just before half time.
I think he and Emmanuel could both become very good players but both need to improve their decision making when defending.

And the only way to do that is with games. Our problem has been going forward this season and to address this we need forward thinking players like kenlock and spence at full back.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 9:43]
Mick mills on 09:33 - Apr 5 with 2341 viewsPJH

Mick mills on 09:30 - Apr 5 by theipswichman

And the only way to do that is with games. Our problem has been going forward this season and to address this we need forward thinking players like kenlock and spence at full back.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 9:43]

I agree and I like Kenlock and Emmanuel(and Spence) and certainly the first two will continue to improve.
Just saying that at the moment they are understandably not the finished article defensively.
Mick mills on 10:51 - Apr 5 with 2222 viewshadleighboyblue

Mick mills on 08:41 - Apr 5 by Superfrans

Kenlock was excellent. Spence looks great going forward, but has a tendency to fall asleep at the back on occasion. But we look so much better with creative full-backs - Kenlock in particular makes a huge difference to us going forward.

I thought both full backs had good games .

Spence has improved a lot and shows how weak we were down that side with Chambers playing there , giving wingers too much space .

Good to see both full backs getting forward .
Mick mills on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 2039 viewssouthwest_blue

If Mick says they are alright, the that's all they are .
Mick mills on 23:49 - Apr 5 with 1910 viewsMelford

Kenlock was man of the match. Had a good shot he was unlucky to score from. Did you see the one in the second half where he took a clearance right in the face, but managed to get it down and put a lovely cross in. I was very impressed with him last night.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Mick mills on 00:26 - Apr 6 with 1888 viewsharlingblue

Spence was the man that inspired any form of attack during the early stages of the Wigan game, and then fellow attacking fullback Kenlock created the first goal. Both players are young and have had very limited first team game time, but their enthusiasm rubbed off on McGoldrick and Sears who then sorted and exploited the Wigan weak links.
Kenlock was guilty of trying to play too much football in a defensive area and was caught out doing it on at least three occasions, while Spence ran out of steam in the second half, but their input to our win was immence.
Mick mills on 00:37 - Apr 6 with 1874 viewsStNeotsBlue

Mick mills on 00:26 - Apr 6 by harlingblue

Spence was the man that inspired any form of attack during the early stages of the Wigan game, and then fellow attacking fullback Kenlock created the first goal. Both players are young and have had very limited first team game time, but their enthusiasm rubbed off on McGoldrick and Sears who then sorted and exploited the Wigan weak links.
Kenlock was guilty of trying to play too much football in a defensive area and was caught out doing it on at least three occasions, while Spence ran out of steam in the second half, but their input to our win was immence.

Isn't Spence in his mid twenties? Not sure he's quite the eager young buck you're implying, I'm not convinced he is an improvement on Josh Emmanuel.
Mick mills on 01:24 - Apr 6 with 1842 viewsharlingblue

Mick mills on 00:37 - Apr 6 by StNeotsBlue

Isn't Spence in his mid twenties? Not sure he's quite the eager young buck you're implying, I'm not convinced he is an improvement on Josh Emmanuel.

Did you go to the game? Spence was the first Town player to get us off our feet with any attacking threat.
Josh Emmanuel is also a good young attacking fullback, but with less first team experience. Both should be at our club for the future.
I know that this is a long shot, but I would love Josh to be converted to a centre forward, big and strong and with plenty of skill and with a leathal shot. Young players with skill and good coaching should be able to cover many a position. TC start nagging at your mate MM to put some attacking input into the team, use him in that position in Under 23 games and see how it goes, nothing would be lost.
Mick mills on 01:37 - Apr 6 with 1833 viewsRyorry

It seems to me that during our best/most successful spells in recent years, we've always had marauding left backs - Cressy, Mings -> Kenlock?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick mills on 02:14 - Apr 6 with 1815 views3_5_2

What does he know about playing full back ?

(742 professional games, most in top division and as Captain. Plus 40 plus games for England)

a lot more than any of us I suspect

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Mick mills on 07:44 - Apr 6 with 1720 viewsHerbivore

Mick mills on 00:37 - Apr 6 by StNeotsBlue

At this time Spence is significantly better than Emmanuel. Josh has plenty of time to improve but he's not ready to play week in and week out at this level yet and I'd be playing Spence ahead of him at this time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick mills on 08:38 - Apr 6 with 1673 viewsmr_bean

Mick mills on 02:14 - Apr 6 by 3_5_2

(742 professional games, most in top division and as Captain. Plus 40 plus games for England)

This.

Am I right in saying that he captained England during the 1982 world cup too?

Whatever people think of his radio manner, Mick Mills really knows his stuff.

I used to chuckle whenever I heard Paul Jewell whinging about "former England captains airing their opinion on the radio". He knew that Mills had got him sussed.
Mick mills on 11:08 - Apr 6 with 1598 viewsGeoffSentence

Mick mills on 02:14 - Apr 6 by 3_5_2

And he did it all with magnificent posture.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024