Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy 12:48 - Apr 6 with 1632 viewsReuser_is_God

Full time position

Requires BSc (Hons) Sports Science or Equivalent & previous experience in a professional environment.

Without looking, guess the pitiful salary this person will be on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:49 - Apr 6 with 1609 viewsIllinoisblue

not less than 25k I would hope. but probably more like 18k?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:50 - Apr 6 with 1605 viewsReuser_is_God

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:49 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

not less than 25k I would hope. but probably more like 18k?

What the actual fcuk

Evans out

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:53 - Apr 6 with 1585 viewsStenvict

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:50 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

What the actual fcuk

Haha, I get more than that and I just read TWTD all day at work

Poll: What will be announced first?

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:53 - Apr 6 with 1582 viewsIllinoisblue

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:50 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

What the actual fcuk

that is poor, really poor. But not surprising.

62 - 78 - 81

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:54 - Apr 6 with 1572 viewsReuser_is_God

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:53 - Apr 6 by Stenvict

Haha, I get more than that and I just read TWTD all day at work

Haha same for most of us I'd imagine!

Evans out

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:55 - Apr 6 with 1563 viewsReuser_is_God

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:53 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

that is poor, really poor. But not surprising.

A full degree & previous experience for 16.5k

Who even comes up with this sh1t?

Evans out

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:56 - Apr 6 with 1561 viewsDarth_Koont

What the actual fcuk

Hmmm. Doesn't sound right with the need for them also to have professional experience.

Not to mention this is a key individual for turning academy players (costs) into possible first-team players (potential multi-million pound assets). How many extra K a year does it take to make that process much more likely? 5K a year? 10K? It's all pretty minimal given the stakes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:02 - Apr 6 with 1525 viewsMullet

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 12:56 - Apr 6 by Darth_Koont

Hmmm. Doesn't sound right with the need for them also to have professional experience.

Not to mention this is a key individual for turning academy players (costs) into possible first-team players (potential multi-million pound assets). How many extra K a year does it take to make that process much more likely? 5K a year? 10K? It's all pretty minimal given the stakes.

No one decent will take it for that money. You'd have to double it at least.

You'll end up with someone who paid £200 to spend a weekend at a country house watching power points and milling between the buffet cart and a bench for that kind of dough.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:15 - Apr 6 with 1471 viewsTractorWood

Would explain some of our professional injuries who occasionally have bouts as footballers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:16 - Apr 6 with 1474 viewsitfcjoe

What the actual fcuk

They rely on big supporters wanting to accept roles and being able to under pay.

Also, jobs in pro football are few and far between and carry status so people do it to get a foot in the door, when the reality is it isn't the best path to go down.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:16 - Apr 6 with 1451 viewsReuser_is_God

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:16 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

They rely on big supporters wanting to accept roles and being able to under pay.

Also, jobs in pro football are few and far between and carry status so people do it to get a foot in the door, when the reality is it isn't the best path to go down.

Even taking those points into consideration it's still an awful wage.

Evans out

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:20 - Apr 6 with 1422 viewsKieran_Knows

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:16 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

Even taking those points into consideration it's still an awful wage.

I'd take it just to work at a football club to be honest. Think of the further opportunities you would get.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:23 - Apr 6 with 1393 viewsReuser_is_God

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:20 - Apr 6 by Kieran_Knows

I'd take it just to work at a football club to be honest. Think of the further opportunities you would get.

You'd accept 16.5k after completing a full degree & having work experience in that field?

Fcuk that.

Evans out

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:23 - Apr 6 with 1390 viewsMullet

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:16 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

Well also anyone looking to get established in the local area. Do it for a year and then go solo or around gyms using it as a marketing tool.

Seen it before loads of times. Lads doing Tommy Smith style soccer schools with a picture of them in full United tracksuits on the bumpf etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:24 - Apr 6 with 1386 viewsIllinoisblue

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:20 - Apr 6 by Kieran_Knows

other similarly low-paid jobs within football?

62 - 78 - 81

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:35 - Apr 6 with 1324 viewstaximan

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:23 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

You'd accept 16.5k after completing a full degree & having work experience in that field?

Fcuk that.

i have no degree

no qualifications

other than the basic ability to drive and talk

and i nearly earn as much as that
on 13:42 - Apr 6 with 1275 views_

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:35 - Apr 6 by taximan

i have no degree

no qualifications

other than the basic ability to drive and talk

and i nearly earn as much as that

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:43 - Apr 6 with 1274 viewsKieran_Knows

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:24 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

other similarly low-paid jobs within football?

I would think not ALL jobs are like that in football. But then again I could be wrong as I don't know that for sure.

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:45 - Apr 6 with 1256 viewsNo9

Not before time
Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:52 - Apr 6 with 1228 viewsDolly2.0

What the actual fcuk

Jesus. I imagine Tesco trolly collectors get more than that these days!

As others have said, they won't get any decent applicants for that salary.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:54 - Apr 6 with 1218 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The sports that I have worked in have had teams of S&C staff all on significantly more than that.

I would even add that some of the Universities & colleges that I've met with (and are new to 'performance sport') have S&C roles that pay double that. It's a pretty dismal showing that an equivalent job at random colleges across the country are better payed than a Professional Championship club
Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:56 - Apr 6 with 1192 viewsitfcjoe

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:52 - Apr 6 by Dolly2.0

Jesus. I imagine Tesco trolly collectors get more than that these days!

As others have said, they won't get any decent applicants for that salary.

It's £317 a week - it's about the lowest you could get away with to be the 'Living wage'

7.5 hours a day (Probably an under estimate) x 5 days a week (Probably an under estimate) x £8.45 (Living wage) x 52 weeks a year = £16,477.50

And the Living Wage is supposed to be for low paid workers, not those with degrees etc

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:59 - Apr 6 with 1179 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:23 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

Fcuk that.

I can say with some degree of certainty that if you wanted to get into working in Sport, that a football club would be the worst route to take.

I've had a number of jobs at Sporting NGBs and those old uni mates that went into a football club have just been lost & become anonymous within the vast expanses of football clubs, not doing much different to when they started 7 or 8 years ago
Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 14:00 - Apr 6 with 1165 viewsKieran_Knows

Fcuk that.

I just think the chance to work in football would be a good opportunity. One would presume it would open up a lot of 'doors' and more contacts within the game. Potential to move on to bigger clubs if you get head hunted etc, where i'm sure you'd get paid more.

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 14:02 - Apr 6 with 1157 viewsitfcjoe

Town are recruiting a Strength & Conditioning coach for the academy on 13:59 - Apr 6 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I can say with some degree of certainty that if you wanted to get into working in Sport, that a football club would be the worst route to take.

I've had a number of jobs at Sporting NGBs and those old uni mates that went into a football club have just been lost & become anonymous within the vast expanses of football clubs, not doing much different to when they started 7 or 8 years ago

I think the only places where that is different is if you can get into one of the super academies at Chelsea or Man City where there is genuine progression and proper money.

Once you are outside the top clubs you may as well do it on the side from a proper job for a non league team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024