Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you 17:13 - Apr 6 with 2029 viewsGarv

Doesn't take much to set him off at the moment does it??

Someone ponders whether Mr Skuse is valuable enough to the team (it is widely viewed that he is not) and they get snapped at. Quite bizarre.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 1996 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't really buy into the whole 'OMG he's having a dig at the fans' things but the pub comment really does make him come across as a right c unit. There are some very knowledgeable people in the crowd. Admittedly there's a lot of idiots as well but to just block the question with that is a bit rich IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 17:41 - Apr 6 with 1964 viewsSuperfrans

To be fair, if every day at your place of work, someone came in and started picking the scabs of every decision you made the previous day, I reckon you'd get a bit hacked off too.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:14 - Apr 6 with 1913 viewsLankHenners

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 17:30 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

I don't really buy into the whole 'OMG he's having a dig at the fans' things but the pub comment really does make him come across as a right c unit. There are some very knowledgeable people in the crowd. Admittedly there's a lot of idiots as well but to just block the question with that is a bit rich IMO.

Strong.

He's always spoken like this, I know the mood has severely dipped but I'm not sure why he's getting a lot of criticism for the straight talking which everyone loved him for at the start.

The point he's making, which again is totally correct but annoys the 'can dish it out but can't take it' brigade (not saying that's you btw), is that having the best part of 3 decades experience in the managerial game perhaps gives him a bit more nous than your average fan in the crowds.

That's not to say he doesn't make mistakes and people can't disagree with his decisions, but I'm sure experienced people in the trades Mick mentioned wouldn't particularly like someone with an interest in it coming over and telling them how they should do their job.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:20 - Apr 6 with 1901 viewsBlueBadger

i dunno about Mick, but my heart always sinks when I hear a patient's relative say 'I've been doing some googling..'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:28 - Apr 6 with 1871 viewsBluebell

No. I certainly wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy and probably for different reasons than you guys!

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:37 - Apr 6 with 1849 viewsSwansea_Blue

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:20 - Apr 6 by BlueBadger

i dunno about Mick, but my heart always sinks when I hear a patient's relative say 'I've been doing some googling..'

Exactly. I think he's spot on. Why as an elite professional would he want to take part in arguments with us lot? No offence to anyone who happens to have all their coaching badges and a career in coaching in the top couple of divisions behind them, but most of us fans are amateurs and feckwits in Mick's field.

We can rant and rave amongst ourselves all we want, and that's fine. But it's a bit daft to expect Mick to respond to strings of questions and allegations about his motives and tactics.

What I do think is reasonable though is for ME to provide us with more detail on his strategy and plans for the club. Football fans are effectively in a unique customer position, effectively being custodians as owners and managers will come and go. He needs to take us with him, otherwise that link between club and fan breaks and then ITFC is in a mess.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:51 - Apr 6 with 1827 viewsSteve_M

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:14 - Apr 6 by LankHenners

Strong.

He's always spoken like this, I know the mood has severely dipped but I'm not sure why he's getting a lot of criticism for the straight talking which everyone loved him for at the start.

The point he's making, which again is totally correct but annoys the 'can dish it out but can't take it' brigade (not saying that's you btw), is that having the best part of 3 decades experience in the managerial game perhaps gives him a bit more nous than your average fan in the crowds.

That's not to say he doesn't make mistakes and people can't disagree with his decisions, but I'm sure experienced people in the trades Mick mentioned wouldn't particularly like someone with an interest in it coming over and telling them how they should do their job.

Interestingly, Watson tweeted one of his articles re: MM swearing from 2014 which was positive about it. Shows how mood and reaction is dictated by results.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:53 - Apr 6 with 1816 viewsfactual_blue

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:28 - Apr 6 by Bluebell

No. I certainly wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy and probably for different reasons than you guys!

You'd spend most of your time saying 'Isn't it time we had the Lees round for dinner?'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:54 - Apr 6 with 1818 viewsclive_baker

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 17:30 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

Ultimately it comes down to the fact he's really arrogant and thinks he's the absolute bo11ocks. Refuses to acknowledge criticism and deluded enough to think nobody else on the planet could've done a better job with the hand he's been dealt this season.

Comments like the one you mention and the 'the more they shout the more I won't play them' are just absolute bullsh1t. The bloke's a tw@t.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:04 - Apr 6 with 1788 viewsSwansea_Blue

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:28 - Apr 6 by Bluebell

I know what you mean

Washing all that football kit must be a real chore.

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:07 - Apr 6 with 1776 viewsReuser_is_God

Don't you dare diss Lord Skuse

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:09 - Apr 6 with 1770 viewsSwansea_Blue

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:54 - Apr 6 by clive_baker

Ultimately it comes down to the fact he's really arrogant and thinks he's the absolute bo11ocks. Refuses to acknowledge criticism and deluded enough to think nobody else on the planet could've done a better job with the hand he's been dealt this season.

Comments like the one you mention and the 'the more they shout the more I won't play them' are just absolute bullsh1t. The bloke's a tw@t.

Compared to us he is the absolute bollox, that's the point. If he wasn't I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

If he makes decisions to spite the fans, that would be hugely worrying. I suspect he's not. Everthink he says to the press has to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:09 - Apr 6 with 1766 viewsJ2BLUE

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:07 - Apr 6 by Reuser_is_God

Don't you dare diss Lord Skuse

I can't read Lord Skuse without putting a Scottish accent on it for some reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:15 - Apr 6 with 1746 viewsbraveblue

He is out of his depth now and cannot accept he is wrong and the majority of fans are right. I just hope he leaves as soon as possible.
You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 1746 viewsclive_baker

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:09 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

Compared to us he is the absolute bollox, that's the point. If he wasn't I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

If he makes decisions to spite the fans, that would be hugely worrying. I suspect he's not. Everthink he says to the press has to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.

That may be the case, but in the position he's in he can't be seen to act like that. He's paid to do the job, not us. He is entitled to pick the team he thinks has the best chance of winning matches, it's likely a lot of fans won't agree with every aspect of it, and it's more likely that McCarthy is right, after all he has the experience. Despite all of that, he has a responsibility to act in a certain way in public, and with a level of respect to the fans. He fails to do that in my opinion.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 19:19]

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:21 - Apr 6 with 1725 viewsSuperfrans

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:54 - Apr 6 by clive_baker

I beg to differ. It's the idiots on here who think because they bought Shoot! once they're Pep Guardiola, they're the tw@ts.

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 1724 viewsclive_baker

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:21 - Apr 6 by Superfrans

I beg to differ. It's the idiots on here who think because they bought Shoot! once they're Pep Guardiola, they're the tw@ts.

I don't disagree with that, there are certainly a lot of those and even on here everyone has differing opinions on what the starting XI should be. I'm not suggesting for a second his decisions should be influenced by fans. I just think he has a responsibility in his position to respond to questions and criticism in a less dismissive manner.

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:33 - Apr 6 with 1697 viewsSuperfrans

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:23 - Apr 6 by clive_baker

I don't disagree with that, there are certainly a lot of those and even on here everyone has differing opinions on what the starting XI should be. I'm not suggesting for a second his decisions should be influenced by fans. I just think he has a responsibility in his position to respond to questions and criticism in a less dismissive manner.

At the moment it's every day and it's nonsense, utterly ludicrous. I'm not surprised he gets hacked off. Personally I'd refuse to answer too: "not answering that, next..."

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:43 - Apr 6 with 1679 viewsPhilTWTD

Wasn't any snapping as such. Mick's not one for Twitter etc at the best of times and managers tend not to take kindly to, as they perceive it, being told how they do their jobs. Joe Royle made a similar sort of comment when asked something along those lines I seem to remember.
You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:46 - Apr 6 with 1665 viewsSwansea_Blue

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 19:16 - Apr 6 by clive_baker

That may be the case, but in the position he's in he can't be seen to act like that. He's paid to do the job, not us. He is entitled to pick the team he thinks has the best chance of winning matches, it's likely a lot of fans won't agree with every aspect of it, and it's more likely that McCarthy is right, after all he has the experience. Despite all of that, he has a responsibility to act in a certain way in public, and with a level of respect to the fans. He fails to do that in my opinion.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 19:19]

Fair point. I'm assuming it's his dour, blunt Yorkshireness coming through. It doesn't bother me much, but I can see why you say that.

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 22:54 - Apr 6 with 1530 viewsLankHenners

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:51 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

Interestingly, Watson tweeted one of his articles re: MM swearing from 2014 which was positive about it. Shows how mood and reaction is dictated by results.

Yes, that unfortunately is going to be the way.

Despite the largely poor football over the last 18 months and my feeling that it is probably best for both parties if he leaves (of course that is far and away from solving our problems), I think some of the comments made about him, including in this thread, show a total loss of perspective and to be blunt are a disgrace.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 22:59 - Apr 6 with 1510 viewsflashblue

I would have more respect for his comments if he sat in the stand once in a while. If he did, he may learn something. I've sat in the lower areas and you can't make a proper assessment from there. To be honest, anyone, who sits in the North lower should also be discounted.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 08:05 - Apr 7 with 1338 viewsGeoffSentence

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 17:41 - Apr 6 by Superfrans

To be fair, if every day at your place of work, someone came in and started picking the scabs of every decision you made the previous day, I reckon you'd get a bit hacked off too.

It his part of his job to deal with the media and their awkward questions. At the moment he is doing this badly.

Happily for the rest of us dealing with that sort of public scrutiny is not part of our job so your analogy is a false one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 08:10 - Apr 7 with 1330 viewsNo9

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 18:14 - Apr 6 by LankHenners

Strong.

MM can dish it out & does. Lately he shows he can't take it & what's more says he doesn't care.

When we know so littel about football why do we go and put money into the club ? he clearly doesn't want us there
You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 08:25 - Apr 7 with 1310 viewsReuser_is_God

You wouldn't want to be Mrs McCarthy would you on 22:59 - Apr 6 by flashblue

I would have more respect for his comments if he sat in the stand once in a while. If he did, he may learn something. I've sat in the lower areas and you can't make a proper assessment from there. To be honest, anyone, who sits in the North lower should also be discounted.

If a player is sh1t then a player is sh1t, if doesn't matter where you sit.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024