Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? 08:27 - Apr 10 with 1651 viewsMullet

This time in Brum. Seems all the coverage is fairly universal in mocking them, and pointing out that hate groups aren't welcome in Britain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/09/mosque-throws-best-british-tea-party-

Jess Phillips' tweet is an act of genius too.

Their call to arms before it is enlightening

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/17_03_24b_Birm

You'd think the law allows the authors of that to be prosecuted for hate speech surely?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 8:40]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 08:52 - Apr 10 with 1588 viewsfactual_blue

The girl had gone to the aid of somebody who'd been surrounded by the edl for shouting 'Islamophobe' at them. Isn't that what they openly admit to being?

Or were they just trying to find out what 'Islamophobe' means?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:17 - Apr 10 with 1524 viewsjeera

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 08:52 - Apr 10 by factual_blue

The girl had gone to the aid of somebody who'd been surrounded by the edl for shouting 'Islamophobe' at them. Isn't that what they openly admit to being?

Probably upset there was no coffee.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 1491 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:17 - Apr 10 by jeera

Coffee as a drink is muslamic in origin. Unless they prefer Camp Coffee, which works better for them on a number of levels.

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:32 - Apr 10 with 1482 viewsbluewein

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:31 - Apr 10 by factual_blue

Coffee as a drink is muslamic in origin. Unless they prefer Camp Coffee, which works better for them on a number of levels.

*Awaits outrage at halal coffee*

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:35 - Apr 10 with 1474 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:32 - Apr 10 by bluewein

*Awaits outrage at halal coffee*

Get Behind Your Caffeine Drink

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:38 - Apr 10 with 1444 viewsMullet

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 09:17 - Apr 10 by jeera

Sounds like if they'd have gone into that Mosque there was loads!

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:12 - Apr 10 with 1364 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 08:52 - Apr 10 by factual_blue

25 blokes surrounding a woman and hassling and threatening her because of what she was wearing?
I'm not seeing the difference between them and the Taleban, frankly. 2 cheeks of the same arse, not that they'd admit it....
Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:16 - Apr 10 with 1338 viewsjeera

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:12 - Apr 10 by BlueLikeJazz

25 blokes surrounding a woman and hassling and threatening her because of what she was wearing?
I'm not seeing the difference between them and the Taleban, frankly. 2 cheeks of the same arse, not that they'd admit it....

I had all this recently in 'the local'.

Topic of punishing crimes came up and bloke starts banging on how thieves should have their hands chopped off.

It's always intriguing to learn how many village types are into sharia style law. It's not for me I must say.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:17 - Apr 10 with 1327 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:12 - Apr 10 by BlueLikeJazz

The Christian/Crusader iconography and quote on their badge are purely coincidental too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:22 - Apr 10 with 1292 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:16 - Apr 10 by jeera

I had all this recently in 'the local'.

Topic of punishing crimes came up and bloke starts banging on how thieves should have their hands chopped off.

It's always intriguing to learn how many village types are into sharia style law. It's not for me I must say.

Indeed. There's always been more that binds together the combatants in this "Holy War" than binds them to the communities and cultures they pretend to defend.

99% of us are stuck in the middle, while the 1% at the two extremes spout their narrow, reactionary and intolerant views. And unfortunately a few idiots even acting on those views.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:34 - Apr 10 with 1254 viewsGlasgowBlue

The EDL are nasty, vile, vicious, racist thugs. I wouldn't piss on one of their members if I saw them in fire.

But you may wish to read up on the Taliban, and the atrocities they committed towards women, before making such simplistic comparisons.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:36 - Apr 10 with 1236 viewsMullet

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:34 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

The EDL are nasty, vile, vicious, racist thugs. I wouldn't piss on one of their members if I saw them in fire.

But you may wish to read up on the Taliban, and the atrocities they committed towards women, before making such simplistic comparisons.

Although that's down to culture and power isn't it? The EDL are a fringe group of nutters and angry disenfranchised people.

If in some warped world they got into power what would society look like do you think? As jeera points out most of their members seem to hold some very inconvenient beliefs.

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:43 - Apr 10 with 1205 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:34 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

*sigh* I'm well aware, thankyou.

You may wish not to be such a patronising tw*t.
Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:44 - Apr 10 with 1200 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:36 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Although that's down to culture and power isn't it? The EDL are a fringe group of nutters and angry disenfranchised people.

If in some warped world they got into power what would society look like do you think? As jeera points out most of their members seem to hold some very inconvenient beliefs.

yes the so called EadL are a fringe group of racists and nutters. They cannot be compared with the people who carried out the following....

"In this post we de-construct the false notion that Afghan Taliban are any better (or different) creatures than TTP. We are publishing an incomplete list of Taliban’s crimes against humanity, e.g., massacre of 8000 Shia Hazaras and Sunni Uzbeks by (Takfiri Deobandi) Taliban in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif in August 1998 — After the capture of Mazar-i-Sharif in 1998 the Taliban indulged in the “frenzied killing of shop owners, cart pullers, women and children shoppers”. Women and girls were raped, and thousands of civilians, mainly ethnic Hazaras, were massacred.; murder of 26 Ismaili Shias by Taliban in May 2000 at Robatak Pass, mass execution of Shia Hazara people in Yakawlang District of Bamyan province in January 2001 — The public execution in Yakaolang of at least 170 civilians, mainly from humanitarian organisations. “According to Amnesty International, eyewitnesses reported the deliberate killing of dozens of civilians hiding in a mosque.”; murder of 10 Iranian diplomats in Mazar-e-Sharif in August 1998. In 1998, the United Nations accused the Taliban of denying emergency food by the UN’s World Food Programme to 160,000 hungry and starving people (most of whom were Hazaras and Tajiks) “for political and military reasons”. The UN said the Taliban were starving people for their military agenda and using humanitarian assistance as a weapon of war. Other most despicable atrocities include: The “castration” of the former Afghan president, Najibullah in 1996. The Taliban “dragged his body behind a jeep for several rounds of the palace and then shot him dead”. The 1998 massacre of 600 Uzbeks in the province of Faryab. “Western aid workers… said civilians were dragged from their homes, lined up and shot.” Other reports include accounts from refugees and human rights groups of the beating of infants, killing of children and hanging of bodies from lampposts. The list is incomplete and will be updated in the next few days. End note"

When people do that they give the so called EDL more credit than they deserve and they trivialise the real crimes carried out by the Taliban.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:47 - Apr 10 with 1170 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:43 - Apr 10 by BlueLikeJazz

*sigh* I'm well aware, thankyou.

You may wish not to be such a patronising tw*t.

And you may not wish to make such simplistic and ill informed comparisons. Thank you.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:49 - Apr 10 with 1158 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:47 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

And you may not wish to make such simplistic and ill informed comparisons. Thank you.

This messageboard doesn't exist just so you get to spout off as if you're the only one who knows or cares about anything. Deal with it.

Just for once it would be nice if we didn't have a thread where you blunder in and make it all about you and how amazing and caring and wonderful you are.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 10:50]
Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:58 - Apr 10 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:49 - Apr 10 by BlueLikeJazz

This messageboard doesn't exist just so you get to spout off as if you're the only one who knows or cares about anything. Deal with it.

Just for once it would be nice if we didn't have a thread where you blunder in and make it all about you and how amazing and caring and wonderful you are.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 10:50]

The ignore feature is free for you to use. I haven't blundered into anything.

You showed a great deal of ignorance in saying, and I quote, "I'm not seeing the difference between them and the Taleban, frankly."

I'll show you the difference. The knuckle dragging scum of the so called EDL would go as fa as abusing the young lady because they objected to what she was wearing. The Taliban would have beheaded her if the were in a merciful mood. If they weren't they they would have stoned her.

By comparing the so called EDL with the Taliban you trivialise every barbaric act they have ever carried out.

I'm sorry if you don't like me pointing this out to you but I am entitled to give that opinion. I don't give it as somebody who believes they are the only person who knows or cares about anything and I'm sorry that my presence on this thread gives you an inferiority complex.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 11:01]

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 11:24 - Apr 10 with 1036 viewsvapour_trail

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:47 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

Erm, you could revisit your post about DK from yesterday morning.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 11:30 - Apr 10 with 1016 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Anyone else notice the EDL getting humiliated again at the weekend? on 10:58 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

The ignore feature is free for you to use. I haven't blundered into anything.

You showed a great deal of ignorance in saying, and I quote, "I'm not seeing the difference between them and the Taleban, frankly."

I'll show you the difference. The knuckle dragging scum of the so called EDL would go as fa as abusing the young lady because they objected to what she was wearing. The Taliban would have beheaded her if the were in a merciful mood. If they weren't they they would have stoned her.

By comparing the so called EDL with the Taliban you trivialise every barbaric act they have ever carried out.

I'm sorry if you don't like me pointing this out to you but I am entitled to give that opinion. I don't give it as somebody who believes they are the only person who knows or cares about anything and I'm sorry that my presence on this thread gives you an inferiority complex.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 11:01]

'Inferiority complex'? LOL.

Seriously, don't flatter yourself.

I don't need anything pointing out from you.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 11:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024