Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best earphones for iPhone 7... 10:26 - Apr 10 with 4116 viewsitfcjoe

....any ideas - because I don't feel like shelling out £160 for the AirPods that I'll most likely lose.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:30 - Apr 10 with 3674 viewsipswich78

In-ear, on-ear, over-ear? Wired or Wireless?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:31 - Apr 10 with 3668 viewschicoazul

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:30 - Apr 10 by ipswich78

iPhone 7 needs to be wireless doesnt it..?

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:32 - Apr 10 with 3655 viewsipswich78

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:31 - Apr 10 by chicoazul

iPhone 7 needs to be wireless doesnt it..?

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

Nope. It has the lighting connector and you can get a converter for traditional headphone plugs.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:33 - Apr 10 with 3646 viewsitfcjoe

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:30 - Apr 10 by ipswich78

In ear - mostly for listening to podcasts with, able to be a hands free kit too and have the buttons to skip and answer calls etc.

Not fussed wired or wireless but wireless probably a bit better because they share a port with charging pod otherwise - but cost will dictate

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:34 - Apr 10 with 3644 viewsSuperfrans

I swear by AKG. Fairly low key brand, so you pay for the headphones, not the brand...

I've got both wired and bluetooth ones and they're great. Not expensive either. But they usually get really good ratings in the hifi press.

These are the equivalent to my wired ones.
http://amzn.eu/e2ywz8W

EDIT: obv, not in-ear, so may not be suitable. But definitely worth investing in...
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 10:35]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:43 - Apr 10 with 3613 viewsgreyhound

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:33 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

In ear - mostly for listening to podcasts with, able to be a hands free kit too and have the buttons to skip and answer calls etc.

Not fussed wired or wireless but wireless probably a bit better because they share a port with charging pod otherwise - but cost will dictate

Checkout klipsch. Very high end sound reproduction all the features you want and reasonable money.
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:47 - Apr 10 with 3595 viewsBOjK

I read a very interesting article talking about how the AirPods (despite being quite expensive in real terms) are actually very competively priced for wireless headphones. The article put forward the argument that Apple's accessories - the watch, AirPods etc - are good value and are used to encourage people into the ecosystem.

If the article is true you could do worse than the AirPods from a value-for-money point of view.

Edit: Here we are:
https://www.aboveavalon.com/notes/2017/3/15/the-curious-state-of-apple-product-p
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/16/airpods-apple-watch-underpriced-neil-cybart
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 10:48]

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:48 - Apr 10 with 3580 viewsitfcjoe

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:47 - Apr 10 by BOjK

I read a very interesting article talking about how the AirPods (despite being quite expensive in real terms) are actually very competively priced for wireless headphones. The article put forward the argument that Apple's accessories - the watch, AirPods etc - are good value and are used to encourage people into the ecosystem.

If the article is true you could do worse than the AirPods from a value-for-money point of view.

Edit: Here we are:
https://www.aboveavalon.com/notes/2017/3/15/the-curious-state-of-apple-product-p
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/16/airpods-apple-watch-underpriced-neil-cybart
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 10:48]

They don't have the functionality I require re hands free kit. You can't even simply skip to the next song on them - it has to be done through Siri.

I worry about losing them too!

Login to get fewer ads

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:48 - Apr 10 with 3575 viewsnsblu1

Not sure on the connection into an Iphone 7 but I use these on my IP6. Great quality and not at the top end price.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5052297
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:50 - Apr 10 with 3561 viewsBOjK

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:48 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

They don't have the functionality I require re hands free kit. You can't even simply skip to the next song on them - it has to be done through Siri.

I worry about losing them too!

I'd worry about losing them too. I haven't got a pair (and I won't, I prefer over-ear ones). They do have a "find airpods" feature, but I doubt it is loud enough for those occasions when they fall down the back of the sofa.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 11:39 - Apr 10 with 3490 viewsdavblue

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:50 - Apr 10 by BOjK

I'd worry about losing them too. I haven't got a pair (and I won't, I prefer over-ear ones). They do have a "find airpods" feature, but I doubt it is loud enough for those occasions when they fall down the back of the sofa.

I have a pair.

just because i use them on the train and can't be bothered to untangle them. For wireless headphones they are fine, i can't tell the difference between the wired version though i have to say.

They were bought fully knowing they wouldn't be top of the class but having no wire was a massive bonus.
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 11:54 - Apr 10 with 3473 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:32 - Apr 10 by ipswich78

Nope. It has the lighting connector and you can get a converter for traditional headphone plugs.

That port isn't designed for that sort of in and out of pocket heavy use. Knacker it and it will be an expensive fix.... you really need wireless, but not the apple ones that can drop out and be lost. You need some Bose sound cancelling cans
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 13:07 - Apr 10 with 3423 viewsSuperfrans

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 11:39 - Apr 10 by davblue

I have a pair.

just because i use them on the train and can't be bothered to untangle them. For wireless headphones they are fine, i can't tell the difference between the wired version though i have to say.

They were bought fully knowing they wouldn't be top of the class but having no wire was a massive bonus.

Do they fit similarly to the standard Apple headphones? It's just that they've never been able to hold in my ears and have always fallen out almost instantly. If the airpods fit in the same way they would be worse than useless for me.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:01 - May 2 with 3241 viewsitfcjoe

Update - I went for the Bose Soundsport wireless headphones which I got in a good deal from John Lewis.

They are bloody good and I'd highly recommend

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:04 - May 2 with 3229 viewsElderGrizzly

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:33 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

If going for a lightning connection, be careful. The latest iOS disabled most 3rd party headphones from working.

I've got these on order - https://crazybaby.com/air

I'm using Monster slim wireless right now until they arrive as they are perfect for running/rowimg and don't fall out.
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:12 - May 2 with 3208 viewsitfcjoe

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:04 - May 2 by ElderGrizzly

If going for a lightning connection, be careful. The latest iOS disabled most 3rd party headphones from working.

I've got these on order - https://crazybaby.com/air

I'm using Monster slim wireless right now until they arrive as they are perfect for running/rowimg and don't fall out.

They look too small for me, I like an in line mic

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:30 - May 2 with 3181 viewsElderGrizzly

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:12 - May 2 by itfcjoe

They look too small for me, I like an in line mic

Fair enough. They have the mic and everything built in, so i'm interested to see how they work.

Only £99 so worth a punt
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:16 - May 3 with 3049 viewsYaffle

I recently got an IP7 via work and it came with a normal set of wired Apple in earphones with a lightening connector + the adaptor, I assumed that was part of the standard setup?. Now the big pain in the @rse is I can't talk and charge at the same time. Someone in Apple didn't think that through...
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:19 - May 3 with 3044 viewsGlasgowBlue

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:16 - May 3 by Yaffle

I recently got an IP7 via work and it came with a normal set of wired Apple in earphones with a lightening connector + the adaptor, I assumed that was part of the standard setup?. Now the big pain in the @rse is I can't talk and charge at the same time. Someone in Apple didn't think that through...

They did think it's through. They made it inconvienient so you buy their EarPods at £180 a pair.

Also by taking the jack port off they were able to free up space for a better battery.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:29 - May 3 with 3032 viewsitfcjoe

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:30 - May 2 by ElderGrizzly

Fair enough. They have the mic and everything built in, so i'm interested to see how they work.

Only £99 so worth a punt

They look nice, and good just for gym but I wear mine most of the day so like to have them dangling round my neck when not wearing!

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:44 - May 3 with 3021 viewsitfcjoe

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:16 - May 3 by Yaffle

That was my issue - I often drive using the Sat Nav and whilst listening to a podcast and that just drains the battery but can't charge it without taking handsfree kit/headphones off.

These new headphones are superb though, although a bit pricey

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:58 - May 3 with 3005 viewsDeano69

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 21:30 - May 2 by ElderGrizzly

Only £99 so worth a punt

Where from?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 12:03 - May 3 with 2971 viewsgreyhound

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 10:34 - Apr 10 by Superfrans

I swear by AKG. Fairly low key brand, so you pay for the headphones, not the brand...

I've got both wired and bluetooth ones and they're great. Not expensive either. But they usually get really good ratings in the hifi press.

These are the equivalent to my wired ones.
http://amzn.eu/e2ywz8W

EDIT: obv, not in-ear, so may not be suitable. But definitely worth investing in...
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 10:35]

Alf make some of the best stuff on the pro audio market. It's the brand I would be looking at. Nose etc charge silly premiums for a name and stylish logo
Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 12:48 - May 3 with 2935 viewsGlasgowBlue

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 09:29 - May 3 by itfcjoe

They look nice, and good just for gym but I wear mine most of the day so like to have them dangling round my neck when not wearing!

I'm thinking about treating myself to these for my birthday

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bragi-Dash-Smart-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01BHAU6QO

Expensive but I spend a minimum of 7 hours a week running so I want earphones with no wires at all and ones that stay in the ear so I can get maximum bass.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 13:05 - May 3 with 2925 viewsitfcjoe

Best earphones for iPhone 7... on 12:48 - May 3 by GlasgowBlue

I'm thinking about treating myself to these for my birthday

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bragi-Dash-Smart-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01BHAU6QO

Expensive but I spend a minimum of 7 hours a week running so I want earphones with no wires at all and ones that stay in the ear so I can get maximum bass.

I went for these ones (and got them for £110) with 2 year warranty at John Lewis

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundSport-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-x/dp/B01L

I like the wired bit - you just clip it to back of collar/shirt and if you need to drop an ear out for any reason then you can - sound quality immense as you'd expect and they don't fall out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024