Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article 16:25 - Apr 12 with 8120 viewsitfcjoe

“I saved the club from relegation and I’ve had three top 10 finishes and the one time I have a bad season then people have turned their backs on me, which is a bit of a surprise and it’s disappointing.

“I don’t think it’s justified what’s gone on, to be honest with you.

“It’s been tough this year, it has. We’ve not been good. And it’s sad that a lot of people have turned on me and turned on the players

“There’s not a lot [you can do], play well and win games. We’ve not done enough of that this season. But I don’t think it constitutes some of the vitriol which is going about, but hey ho.”

And all the bits about budget at the bottom of it, we are paupers in this division now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:29 - Apr 12 with 3568 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Agreed.

Amazed Mick actually wants to stay unless he has been guaranteed funds by Evans this summer.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:29 - Apr 12 with 3567 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yep he's bang on

It's terrible reading on here how Mick's ruined our club. He's had one bad season here. That's all it is.

'Micks ruined the club' is also the biggest load of nonsense I've read in my life

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:31 - Apr 12 with 3552 viewsNo9

One would have thought that, after so many years in football management he would have learned it is a results industry?
One would also have thought that if he continues as he has doen this season he will not be accompanied by many people in the PR ground?
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:31 - Apr 12 with 3545 viewsSuperfrans

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:29 - Apr 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Yep he's bang on

It's terrible reading on here how Mick's ruined our club. He's had one bad season here. That's all it is.

'Micks ruined the club' is also the biggest load of nonsense I've read in my life

Easily his worst season here and even with that there has been no realistic chance of us going down, at any point.

That said, there is part of me that would prefer a ground with 10-12,000 in it every week if it meant a less hostile atmosphere.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:35 - Apr 12 with 3517 viewsRadlett_blue

Mick's spell at Town has overall been a good one, especially when compared with his 2 immediate predecessors, but Town have been on a downward curve now for over 2 years. Hence the level of dissatisfaction & Mick's endless sniping at the fans won't help at all.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:36 - Apr 12 with 3510 viewspablosturn

I think the fans, in the main, have been quite restrained.

The level of football has gone sharply downhill in the last 15-16 months, we are playing some dreadful stuff at times and there must be an element of the clubs demise at present that is down to him.

He can keep bigging himself up all he likes, but we are dreadful. Evans isn't the one telling him to play for draws and play skuglas, he chooses to do this.

Referring to saving "them" in the article rather than "us" or "the club" shows his utter disregard for fans and is just another reason I want this idiot gone.
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:37 - Apr 12 with 3492 viewsstrikalite

He simply thinks it comes down to winning football matches ffs, does he really think that we all know so little about the game? He's brought all this on himself in selections it's as simple as that..

As for what he's done here well in the modern game it means very little, a week is a long time in football let alone the last three seasons, He got paid a stack of money and we thank him for his efforts, but it's time for a change of style because the fans have lost interest now..
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:38 - Apr 12 with 3487 viewsSwailsey

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:36 - Apr 12 by pablosturn

I think the fans, in the main, have been quite restrained.

The level of football has gone sharply downhill in the last 15-16 months, we are playing some dreadful stuff at times and there must be an element of the clubs demise at present that is down to him.

He can keep bigging himself up all he likes, but we are dreadful. Evans isn't the one telling him to play for draws and play skuglas, he chooses to do this.

Referring to saving "them" in the article rather than "us" or "the club" shows his utter disregard for fans and is just another reason I want this idiot gone.

But how do you REALLY feel about Mick?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:39 - Apr 12 with 3476 viewspablosturn

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:38 - Apr 12 by Swailsey

top contribution!
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:39 - Apr 12 with 3470 viewsLankHenners

You'd think he's had words with Evans then about budget. If Mick was to stay then he's going to need something (a lot) more than he's previously been given to play with in the transfer market.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:41 - Apr 12 with 3458 viewsArnieM

Yes get has done well. The problem with Micks team is it is so BLOODY BORING to watch. No attacking flare in his tactics. 7 men behind the ball. An actual weak defence and slow, defensive midfield ( is that to cover fur a poor central defence?) No out and out striker ( poor management/ planning again)

Mick might might well see his contract our, problem for Evans is, the Fans won't! I doubt Town will sell 8k ST for next season if MM stays. It's iontophoresis Evans innit!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:44 - Apr 12 with 3438 viewstextbackup

We've watched 18 months or poor football, every game as unforgettable as the last.

Regardless of what he done before that, that's all that matters now. He's made the same tactical balls ups time and time again, not addressed key things in the squad/team.

Of course his followers will love what he's said, but it can be picked to pieces

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:48 - Apr 12 with 3399 viewstextbackup

That might be the case, but I seem to remember there were 20-odd thousand in here most weeks when we finished sixth and guess who that was down to.

That was down to Murphy, mick

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:48 - Apr 12 with 3393 viewsNo9

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:39 - Apr 12 by LankHenners

You'd think he's had words with Evans then about budget. If Mick was to stay then he's going to need something (a lot) more than he's previously been given to play with in the transfer market.

Listening to MM & Mr Milne on RS it seems likely that before MM (if he stays) gets any cash at all he must shrink the squad & why not ? MM has a very large squad, many do not get a kick but still draw a wage. According to Mr Milne the transfer window saw another £ million added to an already inflated wage bill & what does MM do but play the same players if they are fit. What would be your respose to a situation like that?
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:51 - Apr 12 with 3359 viewsANNA3ROA

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:38 - Apr 12 by Swailsey

Ipswich are a hard team to beat with Mick in charge, ok boring for fans sometimes but I can see Mick doing a good job next season If the funds are available?
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:51 - Apr 12 with 3367 viewsLuk38644

Where has 'Mick ruined our club' come from? Even the most staunch Mick Outers will mostly admit that he has done well before this season. Has he got the 'Marcus Evans, you're killing our club' chant mixed up?

My only gripe with Mick is the football we play. It's terrible at times. If Evans is willing to free up a budget for Mick to build with, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and I think most fans would, but that's not going to happen, it just feels like Mick's time has passed, so either we roll the dice with a different manager or we stick with Mick and just toddle along and hope for a miracle.

The main problem is Evans, but Mick is not free of any blame for a poor season, surely we all agree about that?
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:53 - Apr 12 with 3348 viewsAdmiralFunge

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:31 - Apr 12 by Superfrans

Easily his worst season here and even with that there has been no realistic chance of us going down, at any point.

That said, there is part of me that would prefer a ground with 10-12,000 in it every week if it meant a less hostile atmosphere.

We've had hardly more than that most games this calendar year, sadly.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 3310 viewsClausThomsen

You can't knock him until after the playoffs, he's put in a great pitch for his compensation. To be fair, he's due that - but our owner dillys and dallys again. If he didn't do that last time we wouldn't have been in the relegation battle we were in when MM took over.

He'll be surely let go and paid up after the inevitable Newcastle hammering.

I don't reckon he'll get another job after this one either. The game's moved on.
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:06 - Apr 12 with 3274 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:48 - Apr 12 by textbackup

That might be the case, but I seem to remember there were 20-odd thousand in here most weeks when we finished sixth and guess who that was down to.

That was down to Murphy, mick

Hahaahhaha

At the time you were saying micks a legend

And I was it's Murphy only who we should be grateful for

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:43 - Apr 12 with 3176 viewstextbackup

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:06 - Apr 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Hahaahhaha

At the time you were saying micks a legend

And I was it's Murphy only who we should be grateful for

I was, however when you look back without the blow up MM blow stuck to your old boy you see the bigger picture.

I don't care that you love MM, he's failed us this season and last, he's drove fans away. If you can't see that then so be it

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:48 - Apr 12 with 3159 viewstextbackup

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:51 - Apr 12 by Luk38644

Where has 'Mick ruined our club' come from? Even the most staunch Mick Outers will mostly admit that he has done well before this season. Has he got the 'Marcus Evans, you're killing our club' chant mixed up?

My only gripe with Mick is the football we play. It's terrible at times. If Evans is willing to free up a budget for Mick to build with, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and I think most fans would, but that's not going to happen, it just feels like Mick's time has passed, so either we roll the dice with a different manager or we stick with Mick and just toddle along and hope for a miracle.

The main problem is Evans, but Mick is not free of any blame for a poor season, surely we all agree about that?

Nail on head mate.

The football for 18 months has been awful or poor. Handful of games (that the inners tell me) have been decent, and if even they can name 5/6 over two years it says it all.

What would he have done different with £10m? Nothing, he'd still have chambers at right back for the time he did, still pick Skuse when we need more from the CM. and it would still be 'hit the target man quickly'

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:50 - Apr 12 with 3148 viewsNo9

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:59 - Apr 12 by ClausThomsen

You can't knock him until after the playoffs, he's put in a great pitch for his compensation. To be fair, he's due that - but our owner dillys and dallys again. If he didn't do that last time we wouldn't have been in the relegation battle we were in when MM took over.

He'll be surely let go and paid up after the inevitable Newcastle hammering.

I don't reckon he'll get another job after this one either. The game's moved on.

I wasn't impressed with the playoff season, things were good up to Christmas then they tailed off due to a poor midfield & the play -offs were only achieved because of the failures of others
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:50 - Apr 12 with 3145 viewsFtnfwest

All 'me me me' as usual but ultimately he's setting himself up for a pay off
Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:57 - Apr 12 with 3127 viewsitfcjoe

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 16:31 - Apr 12 by No9

One would have thought that, after so many years in football management he would have learned it is a results industry?
One would also have thought that if he continues as he has doen this season he will not be accompanied by many people in the PR ground?

And results for 4 seasons out of 5 have been good. Evans has to choose whether this season is an outlier or we are in an irreversible slide

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:57 - Apr 12 with 3126 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hard to disagree with a lot Mick says in that article on 17:43 - Apr 12 by textbackup

I was, however when you look back without the blow up MM blow stuck to your old boy you see the bigger picture.

I don't care that you love MM, he's failed us this season and last, he's drove fans away. If you can't see that then so be it

As usual, anyone that can see any good in mick gets the normal sh1t thrown at them.

I, unlike you, can see both sides. He's done far more good than bad for us here whether you like it or not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024