Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MeatLiquor 08:15 - Apr 13 with 2161 viewsunbelievablue

Any good then? Noticed there's one at Boxpark, Croydon, where I intend to get bladdered tonight after work.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

MeatLiquor on 08:27 - Apr 13 with 2121 viewstaximan

if i remember correctly i went to near oxford street

it was very dark in there

burgers were fine

starters were fine

fries were rubbish

imo
MeatLiquor on 08:34 - Apr 13 with 2133 viewsJakeITFC

Best burger I've ever had.
MeatLiquor on 08:38 - Apr 13 with 2126 viewsBackToRussia

What's with the name?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

MeatLiquor on 08:39 - Apr 13 with 2124 viewsvapour_trail

There's a boxpark in Croydon? Where? I think Croydon is my least favourite place on the planet.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

MeatLiquor on 08:43 - Apr 13 with 2115 viewsunbelievablue

MeatLiquor on 08:39 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

There's a boxpark in Croydon? Where? I think Croydon is my least favourite place on the planet.

Next to East Croydon station. It's the only reason I acquiesced to accepting my current gig (6 months assignment, 3 days a week here).

MeatLiquor on 08:47 - Apr 13 with 2101 viewshype313

MeatLiquor on 08:39 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

It's a really good spot to be fair, given the surrounding area.

One of our suppliers are from Croydon and the guy I speak to waxes lyrical about Croydon, how it's going to be the next Shoreditch, I've taken his word for it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

MeatLiquor on 08:49 - Apr 13 with 2099 viewsunbelievablue

MeatLiquor on 08:47 - Apr 13 by hype313

It's a really good spot to be fair, given the surrounding area.

One of our suppliers are from Croydon and the guy I speak to waxes lyrical about Croydon, how it's going to be the next Shoreditch, I've taken his word for it.

House prices are decent enough considering the transport links. It's also a brilliant anti-commute for me. 15m train, 15m tram, seats on both, dead quiet.

MeatLiquor on 08:51 - Apr 13 with 2092 viewshype313

MeatLiquor on 08:49 - Apr 13 by unbelievablue

House prices are decent enough considering the transport links. It's also a brilliant anti-commute for me. 15m train, 15m tram, seats on both, dead quiet.

My Wife is from that area, and I have to go down to visit her family a few times a year, to be fair transport links are really good, now is the time to buy around there, as I can only see it rising quite dramatically.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

MeatLiquor on 09:08 - Apr 13 with 2067 viewsvapour_trail

MeatLiquor on 08:51 - Apr 13 by hype313

My Wife is from that area, and I have to go down to visit her family a few times a year, to be fair transport links are really good, now is the time to buy around there, as I can only see it rising quite dramatically.

To be fair I haven't been since I moved from South London four years ago.

I thought tooting was the shoreditch of the South.

MeatLiquor on 09:08 - Apr 13 with 2064 viewsunbelievablue

MeatLiquor on 09:08 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

To be fair I haven't been since I moved from South London four years ago.

I thought tooting was the shoreditch of the South.

Tooting is the new Balham.

MeatLiquor on 09:39 - Apr 13 with 2032 viewsmonytowbray

MeatLiquor on 08:34 - Apr 13 by JakeITFC

Best burger I've ever had.

Agree. It's the 9.5/10 of the UK burger scene and everyone I've taken there agrees.

Other than Lucan, whom since reading he rates the 6/10 Byron higher, will never get a word in my head about burger standards ever again.

Plus I've gone back to the vegz ways this year. Went to the Brighton one last week and had their vegan option. The Seitan fingers were great but the burger sucked. I hate these breaded veggie patties, burgers need a mock meat substitute.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

MeatLiquor on 09:53 - Apr 13 with 2011 viewsvapour_trail

MeatLiquor on 09:08 - Apr 13 by unbelievablue

Tooting is the new Balham.

Oh no I hope not, I always loved tooting.

MeatLiquor on 23:59 - Apr 13 with 1919 viewsunbelievablue

Jesus Christ almighty Mary Mother of god. Un-be-lievable. So good.

MeatLiquor on 00:20 - Apr 14 with 1901 viewsiamipswich

Went on Welbeck Street in London. Genuinely thought I had stepped into a gay bar. (Nothing to do with the restaurant name I promise!)

Burger very good. Beer not so good. And was quite dark and loud so wasn't best atmosphere for chatting.

Would recommend but if you were not to enjoy, would understand.

Poll: Who will return first?

MeatLiquor on 00:42 - Apr 14 with 1888 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

MeatLiquor on 08:27 - Apr 13 by taximan

if i remember correctly i went to near oxford street

it was very dark in there

burgers were fine

starters were fine

fries were rubbish

imo

Wrong, the chilli fries are on point

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

MeatLiquor on 07:36 - Apr 14 with 1848 viewsStokieBlue

The monkey fingers are amazing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

MeatLiquor on 07:49 - Apr 14 with 1835 viewsclive_baker

MeatLiquor on 08:51 - Apr 13 by hype313

Croydon has been 'up and coming' for years but never actually upped and gone. Lots of talk around the Westfield effect when that comes but I'm yet to be convinced.

I don't think parts of Croydon are too bad, some very affluent areas and great links. But there's a lot of sh1t too.

As for Tooting Bec, definitely that and Streatham Hill are the new Balham. I know a lot of people buying in south east. Forest Hill, honor oak, Sydenham etc. Lot of value left and money to be made there imo.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

MeatLiquor on 08:30 - Apr 14 with 1817 viewsPrideOfTheEast

MeatLiquor on 07:49 - Apr 14 by clive_baker

Croydon has been 'up and coming' for years but never actually upped and gone. Lots of talk around the Westfield effect when that comes but I'm yet to be convinced.

I don't think parts of Croydon are too bad, some very affluent areas and great links. But there's a lot of sh1t too.

As for Tooting Bec, definitely that and Streatham Hill are the new Balham. I know a lot of people buying in south east. Forest Hill, honor oak, Sydenham etc. Lot of value left and money to be made there imo.

Yes. I've just bought a house in hither green and to be honest compared to where I live now it's fair to say the area has an interesting mix of people but you can see how it will develop.
MeatLiquor on 08:34 - Apr 14 with 1808 viewsitfcjoe

MeatLiquor on 07:49 - Apr 14 by clive_baker

I'm still yet to find any area of London that someone doesn't describe as 'up and coming'.....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

MeatLiquor on 09:56 - Apr 14 with 1769 viewsunbelievablue

MeatLiquor on 08:34 - Apr 14 by itfcjoe

I'm still yet to find any area of London that someone doesn't describe as 'up and coming'.....!

Yeah it's a bit of a trope, but it's also all relative. Quite a lot of areas are just stagnant, obviously.

Lewisham is very much up and coming but no-one seems to believe it. Things like this would never have existed 5 years ago: https://www.streetfeast.com/visit-us/model-market/

MeatLiquor on 10:06 - Apr 14 with 1760 viewsbritbiker

MeatLiquor on 09:39 - Apr 13 by monytowbray

Agree. It's the 9.5/10 of the UK burger scene and everyone I've taken there agrees.

Other than Lucan, whom since reading he rates the 6/10 Byron higher, will never get a word in my head about burger standards ever again.

Plus I've gone back to the vegz ways this year. Went to the Brighton one last week and had their vegan option. The Seitan fingers were great but the burger sucked. I hate these breaded veggie patties, burgers need a mock meat substitute.

Only veggie burgers I've had that are worth a go are the Linda McCartney 1/4 pounder with mozzarella. Juicy and tasty. No good I guess if vegan though
MeatLiquor on 10:07 - Apr 14 with 1760 viewsunbelievablue

Okay so my review is pretty much the same as Jake's: that's the best burger (and burger restaurant experience) I've ever had in this country*.

I went with the bacon cheeseburger and chilli fries, and we also shared a load of chicken wings. The wings were actually pretty good; n.b. I'm pretty sure it was Franks hot sauce (but I love Franks, so I'm not complaining). The chilli fries were exceptional.

The burger was absolutely fantastic. Cooked perfectly - the menu says "our burgers come slightly pink", which is exactly how I like it anyway. Nice bun, not too much foliage. The waitress was really lovely too - didn't mind how pissed up we were and walked all of us through the menu and cocktails.

My mate had the green chilli cheeseburger which was superb also, the chilli was lovely and a great heat.

I also had 3 of these, which were stunning:

Tennessee hound dog 8.00
Ain’t nothing but Jack Daniel's shaken with fresh lemon juice, fresh plum, cane sugar laced with red wine.

*yes, I was very drunk, granted.

MeatLiquor on 10:29 - Apr 14 with 1741 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm not keen on them but Jake worships them.

Mind you, Jake eats sh1te.

Edit; I've just seen your review, maybe I had an off day. I will revisit.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 10:45]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

MeatLiquor on 10:42 - Apr 14 with 1727 viewsJakeITFC

MeatLiquor on 10:29 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not keen on them but Jake worships them.

Mind you, Jake eats sh1te.

Edit; I've just seen your review, maybe I had an off day. I will revisit.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 10:45]

You'll have to come with us to MEATLiquor because there's no way you wouldn't love it.
MeatLiquor on 10:43 - Apr 14 with 1726 viewsunbelievablue

MeatLiquor on 10:42 - Apr 14 by JakeITFC

You'll have to come with us to MEATLiquor because there's no way you wouldn't love it.

Yeah 100%.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024