Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't dislike Mick 12:41 - Apr 13 with 970 viewswkj

However I am in the camp of people who feels he and the club need to look at different directions in the summer. Mick's football isn't interesting or in my opinion worth the cost Ipswich charges, however it is probably the best formula for the squad that he had.

I am still very much in the mindset that the problems are higher up the hierachy of the club. The level of backing Mick has had vs his predecessors has been pitiful, despite having made the club the most on transfer fees.

I think Mick has to go for three reasons-

1. He is better than the level of support he is being giving, and the brass are quite frankly taking advantage of the situation, with Milne even taking a back handed swipe at him on a recent radio show in a lazy attempt to shift focus away from the club.

2. If town wants to provide us with '5 Point Plans' they need to have a manager in place who is proven working in such a structure. MM hasn't had the best track record with younger players, so it is almost impossible to imagine MM will suddenly conform to this plan.

3. We just need a new coat of paint. I think the only way to get season ticket numbers up, is to promise something different next year, and if such changes won't hapen in the board room, the next logical conclusion is that it has to begin with the head coach who controls what we see- regardless of if that brings better or worse results.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 12:44]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I don't dislike Mick on 12:45 - Apr 13 with 958 viewsclive_baker

My Dad summed it up quite nicely on the way back from Fulham, he said "Mick isn't the source of the problem at Ipswich, but I can't see him providing the solution". I would agree with that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't dislike Mick on 12:46 - Apr 13 with 932 viewsBlueBadger

I don't dislike Mick on 12:45 - Apr 13 by clive_baker

My Dad summed it up quite nicely on the way back from Fulham, he said "Mick isn't the source of the problem at Ipswich, but I can't see him providing the solution". I would agree with that.

Essentially, both of these.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't dislike Mick on 12:51 - Apr 13 with 907 viewsTractorWood

Well said. On the whole MM has done a good job here and we shouldn't let the current climate distort what has been overall a decent few years. That said, he is not the answer to our problems.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 12:52]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I don't dislike Mick on 12:53 - Apr 13 with 892 viewsFtnfwest

I don't dislike Mick on 12:46 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Essentially, both of these.

It's quite right and the only way of effectively generating something from nothing is turning things round on the pitch, and a clear out plus change of philosophy which I can only really see under a different manager. But as we all keep harping on about, can we really see Evans making the right decision on a new manager of the type we probably need?
I don't dislike Mick on 13:36 - Apr 13 with 822 viewsHipsterectomy

I have to say that I would have thought MM would consider himself a higher standard manager. He said when he came here that he didn't have to, he'd had lots of offers and we weren't currently an attractive position. When linked within ireland and Villa goes quiet, says his ambition is to be PL manager or more. Now says he would never walk out on a job, gloats that he is unsackable, brings up the fact we have no money as a way to stroke his ego rather than criticise the club for him not being a bigger success.

It's all a bit, as he would say, bonkers

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I don't dislike Mick on 13:47 - Apr 13 with 781 viewshadleighboyblue

I don't dislike Mick on 12:51 - Apr 13 by TractorWood

Well said. On the whole MM has done a good job here and we shouldn't let the current climate distort what has been overall a decent few years. That said, he is not the answer to our problems.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 12:52]

Agree there are problems throughout the club which have to be addressed , but with MM being the only public face of ITFC , he is doing a very bad job of things .

He is arrogant and is now constantly having a pop at the fans who are the paying customers of the club ..............that simply can't continue and I think things have gone too far in that respect to be put right .

The club is in need of a new strategy and that has to start with appointing a new manager before we slip even further .
I don't dislike Mick on 13:52 - Apr 13 with 769 viewstaximan

I don't dislike Mick on 12:45 - Apr 13 by clive_baker

nice one

pass the uppie onto your dad please
I don't dislike Mick on 13:54 - Apr 13 with 756 viewsReuser_is_God

I don't dislike Mick on 13:36 - Apr 13 by Hipsterectomy

I have to say that I would have thought MM would consider himself a higher standard manager. He said when he came here that he didn't have to, he'd had lots of offers and we weren't currently an attractive position. When linked within ireland and Villa goes quiet, says his ambition is to be PL manager or more. Now says he would never walk out on a job, gloats that he is unsackable, brings up the fact we have no money as a way to stroke his ego rather than criticise the club for him not being a bigger success.

It's all a bit, as he would say, bonkers

We all live in a Mick McCarthy world.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't dislike Mick on 17:19 - Apr 13 with 684 viewsmadmouse1959

I don't dislike Mick on 13:54 - Apr 13 by Reuser_is_God

We all live in a Mick McCarthy world.

Not looking forward to another season of this nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 17:27]

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024