Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND 09:38 - Apr 15 with 2974 viewsunbelievablue

As a few of you may know, I've suffered, along with millions of others across the world, from mental health issues for many years, battling depression and anxiety. I've also developed a love for running, which has become a form of self-treatment.

So, in an effort to raise money for MIND, the mental health charity, and, just as importantly, raise awareness of mental health issues, I've decided to run the Athens marathon in November this year. I think it's extremely important that we talk about these things, in an effort to break down barriers and tackle the stigma around mental illness.

It's a way off, granted, but if anyone is generous enough to donate, I will be indebted to you. This ain't gonna be easy! Link and more details below...

https://www.justgiving.com/Josh-Edwards-AthensMarathon2017

I think I'll do a blog on my training too, so look out for that, if you just can't get enough of me on here...

Sorry in advance for bumping this thread once a month.

Thanks

[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 11:59]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 10:02 - Apr 15 with 2932 viewsNewcyBlue

Can you bump this during the first week of June? When I get back on Terra Firma and better internet I will donate.

Cheers, good luck with your training.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 10:04 - Apr 15 with 2934 viewsunbelievablue

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 10:02 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

Can you bump this during the first week of June? When I get back on Terra Firma and better internet I will donate.

Cheers, good luck with your training.

Much obliged. Yeah, I'll bump it once a month (sorry people).

Thanks - it's a real challenge. Up there with the hardest courses in the world - 21km long climb in the middle!

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 2923 viewsNewcyBlue

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 10:04 - Apr 15 by unbelievablue

Much obliged. Yeah, I'll bump it once a month (sorry people).

Thanks - it's a real challenge. Up there with the hardest courses in the world - 21km long climb in the middle!

21k?! That's half the marathon you fecking loon. Good luck with that!

Keep us informed about your training progress! Well done mate.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 2880 viewsgtsb1966

Done. When i logged in it said " access denied" to your page so had to search your name to find the donation page. It might just be my log in but I'd check that if i was you incase it happens to anyone else trying to donate.
A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 11:59 - Apr 15 with 2862 viewsunbelievablue

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 11:36 - Apr 15 by gtsb1966

Done. When i logged in it said " access denied" to your page so had to search your name to find the donation page. It might just be my log in but I'd check that if i was you incase it happens to anyone else trying to donate.

Appreciate the donation, and the heads up. I had mistakenly copied the page whilst logged in, which meant it was trying to direct you to the Edit function! Ta.

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 2860 viewsTLA

I'll also look out for the bumps and will sponsor you once my bank balance looks a little healthier.

I've done lots of work with Mind, and on the Time to Change campaign since it started in 2007, so I know what a great cause it is that you're running for. I've really enjoyed some of the discussions on here about mental health and something else that paves the way for dialogue is all good so thanks for everything you're doing

You have chosen a challenging marathon!
A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 12:04 - Apr 15 with 2852 viewsunbelievablue

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 12:00 - Apr 15 by TLA

I'll also look out for the bumps and will sponsor you once my bank balance looks a little healthier.

I've done lots of work with Mind, and on the Time to Change campaign since it started in 2007, so I know what a great cause it is that you're running for. I've really enjoyed some of the discussions on here about mental health and something else that paves the way for dialogue is all good so thanks for everything you're doing

You have chosen a challenging marathon!

Great to hear that you've been involved with MIND.

I'm doing my utmost to make this not about me, though there is obviously a balance to be struck, as a compelling story is required to reach optimistic donation targets. Every little helps, and every time someone feels they can be honest, publicly, about their mental health battles, we're one step closer.

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 15:02 - Apr 15 with 2812 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Good luck my good friend, as mentioned to you earlier I will sponsor at the end of the month. Very impressed, would much rather spend another couple of nights on the streets that put myself through that marathon!

Look forward to having a beer with you when we see each other next.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 15:18 - Apr 15 with 2791 viewsunbelievablue

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 15:02 - Apr 15 by RoyKeanesDog

Good luck my good friend, as mentioned to you earlier I will sponsor at the end of the month. Very impressed, would much rather spend another couple of nights on the streets that put myself through that marathon!

Look forward to having a beer with you when we see each other next.

Many thanks.

Look forward to it, should be in Ipswich next month on a couple of occasions.

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 18:33 - Apr 15 with 2745 viewsunbelievablue

Just received a $30 anonymous donation. Thank you, mysterious Yankee.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 18:33]

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 19:01 - Apr 15 with 2718 viewsunbelievablue

Thank you Tom C. Appreciate it.

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 00:31 - Apr 16 with 2662 viewsRyorry

20% there already!

Don't think you'll need to bump this one yourself!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 05:49 - Apr 16 with 2627 viewsunbelievablue

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 00:31 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

20% there already!

Don't think you'll need to bump this one yourself!

Cheers Ryorry, much appreciated.

If I hit 1k, I'll amend it to 2k.

EDIT - amended to £1.5k as £2k seemed a little much.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 15:15]

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 22:18 - May 18 with 2431 viewsJ2BLUE

Done. Bump.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 07:47 - May 19 with 2383 viewsSteve_M

Finally got round to sponsoring you for this, how's the training going?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 08:41 - May 19 with 2367 viewsITFC1983

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 07:47 - May 19 by Steve_M

Finally got round to sponsoring you for this, how's the training going?

Hi Steve,

He has a blog here - https://joshedwardsblog.wordpress.com/

But I am sure he will be along soon to give a more recent update!

Adam

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 14:04 - Oct 29 with 1976 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A fundraising request - running the Athens Marathon for MIND on 14:38 - Nov 6 with 1898 viewsjeera

bump

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024