Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton have booted out The Sun 13:11 - Apr 15 with 1789 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39608149

Never good to see journalism inhibited but understandable under the circumstances and probably best in the interests of safety as far as their reporters are concerned.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:13 - Apr 15 with 1774 viewsvapour_trail

Journalism in the loosest possible sense of the word. It's a comic for dullards.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:14 - Apr 15 with 1754 viewsWeWereZombies

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:13 - Apr 15 by vapour_trail

Journalism in the loosest possible sense of the word. It's a comic for dullards.

I am trying to be inclusive - thanks for your assistance...

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:34 - Apr 15 with 1691 viewsIllinoisblue

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:14 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

I am trying to be inclusive - thanks for your assistance...

Odd that LFC themselves took so long to ban the Sun. Even more unfathomable that McKenzie was paid 300k a year for his juvenile ramblings. Where the Sun used to have some humour it now has only hate.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:40 - Apr 15 with 1651 viewsLord_Lucan

Do newsagents actually sell The Sun in Liverpool?

Anyone know?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:43 - Apr 15 with 1644 viewsWeWereZombies

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:34 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

Odd that LFC themselves took so long to ban the Sun. Even more unfathomable that McKenzie was paid 300k a year for his juvenile ramblings. Where the Sun used to have some humour it now has only hate.

I have not read it for years but it does seem to be very manipulative. My ex-wife was a journalist and used to defend my criticism that it was economical with the truth by saying that to deliver articles with so few words took real skill but it does seem like the main intent to do something other than report the news.

How does The Sun compare with, say, The National Enquirer in the USA?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:04 - Apr 15 with 1582 viewsjeera

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:43 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

I have not read it for years but it does seem to be very manipulative. My ex-wife was a journalist and used to defend my criticism that it was economical with the truth by saying that to deliver articles with so few words took real skill but it does seem like the main intent to do something other than report the news.

"...but it does seem to be very manipulative".

Really?

REALLY?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:12 - Apr 15 with 1545 viewsm14_blue

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:40 - Apr 15 by Lord_Lucan

Do newsagents actually sell The Sun in Liverpool?

Anyone know?

No.
Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:17 - Apr 15 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:13 - Apr 15 by vapour_trail

The sun is designed to make people hate the UK, it's a traitorous sh1trag that appears to be actively trying to ruin this anything halfway decent in this country and anyone who still reads it needs to seriously question themselves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:24 - Apr 15 with 1504 viewsWeWereZombies

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:17 - Apr 15 by BlueBadger

The sun is designed to make people hate the UK, it's a traitorous sh1trag that appears to be actively trying to ruin this anything halfway decent in this country and anyone who still reads it needs to seriously question themselves.

I was biding my time before this issue came up, I had expected it to be a claim that it was the most patriotic of the papers and to come from Benters but you have proved me wrong on both counts. There was an interview with Murdoch back in the sixties that has gotten repeated a couple, once was at the time of his appearance before the Parliamentary committee on phone-hacking, in which he got quite whiny about the British establishment. Could all the damage that has been done to the Dowler family, the City of Liverpool and many others just be down to someone being snotty to him at Oxford?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 16:11]

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:26 - Apr 15 with 1493 viewsIllinoisblue

Everton have booted out The Sun on 13:43 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

It's hard to compare: US papers are generally local and national but there's no tabloid paper equivalent. Rags like the Enquirer are known to be a joke so nobody really cares about them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:27 - Apr 15 with 1478 viewsBlueBadger

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:24 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

I was biding my time before this issue came up, I had expected it to be a claim that it was the most patriotic of the papers and to come from Benters but you have proved me wrong on both counts. There was an interview with Murdoch back in the sixties that has gotten repeated a couple, once was at the time of his appearance before the Parliamentary committee on phone-hacking, in which he got quite whiny about the British establishment. Could all the damage that has been done to the Dowler family, the City of Liverpool and many others just be down to someone being snotty to him at Oxford?

More likely it's because he's a vile piece of sh1t.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Everton have booted out The Sun on 15:42 - Apr 15 with 1350 viewsfactual_blue

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:24 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

It's all to do with Gallipoli.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Everton have booted out The Sun on 15:58 - Apr 15 with 1301 viewsLord_Lucan

Everton have booted out The Sun on 14:12 - Apr 15 by m14_blue

No.

But they subscribe to Sky I suppose.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Everton have booted out The Sun on 16:12 - Apr 15 with 1254 viewsWeWereZombies

Everton have booted out The Sun on 15:42 - Apr 15 by factual_blue

It's all to do with Gallipoli.

You saw him there!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024