Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? 12:55 - Apr 16 with 3299 viewsbournemouthblue

that would be an interesting one

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:01 - Apr 16 with 3276 viewsCoco

Their fans would have a melt down

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:10 - Apr 16 with 3239 viewsBent_double

If you want a team promoted from the Championship, then McCarthys your man.

Apparently.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 3210 viewsElderGrizzly

Was having a discussion about this yesterday. Certainly you could see it and maybe he'd take Bart with him 😳

That's the sort of club Bart is likely to end up at if he leaves. Maybe Villa as an option for Bart too
Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 3194 viewsLord_Lucan

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:18 - Apr 16 by ElderGrizzly

Was having a discussion about this yesterday. Certainly you could see it and maybe he'd take Bart with him 😳

That's the sort of club Bart is likely to end up at if he leaves. Maybe Villa as an option for Bart too

I would sacrifice Bart if it meant a fresh start as manager, although MM would probably take Gherkin.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:27 - Apr 16 with 3157 viewsBent_double

I can see that happening. Pickford gets sold back to a PL club for £10-12m, Sunderland 'do a Newcastle' and start hoovering up all the best players around the Champ, Bart goes for £2-3m.

Still, there must be a few good keepers in the Vanarama league we can choose from.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:34 - Apr 16 with 3129 viewsbournemouthblue

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:27 - Apr 16 by Bent_double

I can see that happening. Pickford gets sold back to a PL club for £10-12m, Sunderland 'do a Newcastle' and start hoovering up all the best players around the Champ, Bart goes for £2-3m.

Still, there must be a few good keepers in the Vanarama league we can choose from.

It's hardly worth selling Bart for that

What does £2 - 3 million get you nowadays?

Pickford could go for anywhere between £10 - 20 million in today's market

Bart should be valued around £8 million imho, would he be happy moving to another Championship side again next season with no guarantee of promotion necessarily?

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 13:36 - Apr 16 with 3120 viewsunstableblue

His methods, system and ethos would have suited the championship 5 years ago, but football has moved on and left him behind.

Look at the managers who will make up the top six - Mick has no relationship to their styles

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 13:58 - Apr 16 with 3070 viewsbournemouthblue

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 13:36 - Apr 16 by unstableblue

His methods, system and ethos would have suited the championship 5 years ago, but football has moved on and left him behind.

Look at the managers who will make up the top six - Mick has no relationship to their styles

Although Rowett who would have probably finished there uses a very similar approach?

Login to get fewer ads

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:00 - Apr 16 with 3062 viewsMullet

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 13:58 - Apr 16 by bournemouthblue

Although Rowett who would have probably finished there uses a very similar approach?

Have a read of Harry's piece and the comments about Rafa......

It's almost like Mick is a decent manager without the backing of the owner and now some of the fanbase to make it work.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 3029 viewsbournemouthblue

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:00 - Apr 16 by Mullet

It's almost like Mick is a decent manager without the backing of the owner and now some of the fanbase to make it work.

Rafa probably is a bit of a luxury McCarthy

His sides are often very defensive and organised, playing through a key focal point as MM sides tend to

Where MM falls down for me is his lack of flexibility or willing to gamble. That's what puts him behind the likes of Pullis and Bruce who tend to be similarly pragmatic.

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:10 - Apr 16 with 3025 viewsMullet

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:08 - Apr 16 by bournemouthblue

His sides are often very defensive and organised, playing through a key focal point as MM sides tend to

Where MM falls down for me is his lack of flexibility or willing to gamble. That's what puts him behind the likes of Pullis and Bruce who tend to be similarly pragmatic.

Really? We've had 4 or 5 formations alone this season, Tabb converted to an inside winger more akin to something from the 50's a range of midfield options forced and unforced.

If anything I'd say the old "442 Mick" myth has been thoroughly beaten to a pulp here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:11 - Apr 16 with 3011 viewsCoco

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:00 - Apr 16 by Mullet

Good god.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 14:17 - Apr 16 with 2994 viewsElderGrizzly

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 13:34 - Apr 16 by bournemouthblue

It's hardly worth selling Bart for that

What does £2 - 3 million get you nowadays?

Pickford could go for anywhere between £10 - 20 million in today's market

Bart should be valued around £8 million imho, would he be happy moving to another Championship side again next season with no guarantee of promotion necessarily?

I don't think he's good enough to be first choice for most of the PL sides, so he's either joining a promotion chasing side like Newcastle this season, or a newly promoted/bottom 6 side in the PL.

A bit like Murphy, triple your wages and get a chance in the PL.

Don't think he'd leave to sit on the bench at one of the better sides
there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:18 - Apr 16 with 2981 viewsElderGrizzly

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:08 - Apr 16 by bournemouthblue

Rafa is on £5m a year too. Certainly a luxury!
Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 14:56 - Apr 16 with 2894 viewsClausThomsen

If we sell Bart we'd be asking for trouble. Why he'd follow the man who left him out of the side for 6 months would be curious as well.

The player seems happy here, if the owner's so hard-up that he has to rape the club of players every off-season then maybe he should sell up and sod off.

If we start next season with McCarthy playing Gerken then we're going down. Bart has saved MM from absolute embarassment this season. Gerken isn't capable of the same heroics.
Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 15:05 - Apr 16 with 2874 viewsElderGrizzly

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 14:56 - Apr 16 by ClausThomsen

If we sell Bart we'd be asking for trouble. Why he'd follow the man who left him out of the side for 6 months would be curious as well.

The player seems happy here, if the owner's so hard-up that he has to rape the club of players every off-season then maybe he should sell up and sod off.

If we start next season with McCarthy playing Gerken then we're going down. Bart has saved MM from absolute embarassment this season. Gerken isn't capable of the same heroics.

Rape? Really? Ffs....

And he's turned down multiple bids most years here for players like Murphy, McGoldrick, Bishop etc Every player is only sold if Mick authorises it too.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2017 15:07]
Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 15:07 - Apr 16 with 2865 viewsClausThomsen

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 15:05 - Apr 16 by ElderGrizzly

Rape? Really? Ffs....

And he's turned down multiple bids most years here for players like Murphy, McGoldrick, Bishop etc Every player is only sold if Mick authorises it too.

Strip then.
Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 15:09 - Apr 16 with 2851 viewsClausThomsen

Would McCarthy go back to Sunderland? on 15:05 - Apr 16 by ElderGrizzly

Rape? Really? Ffs....

That's another reason McCarthy should go - he'll definitely sanction the Bialkowski sale with Gerken Banks waiting in the wings.
there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 2767 viewsbournemouthblue

there is absolutely no way Sunderland would recruit McCarthy on 14:10 - Apr 16 by Mullet

Really? We've had 4 or 5 formations alone this season, Tabb converted to an inside winger more akin to something from the 50's a range of midfield options forced and unforced.

If anything I'd say the old "442 Mick" myth has been thoroughly beaten to a pulp here.

He's played around with formations and certainly got the last game spot on

How many times has he done that though?

He rarely makes a sub before the 70th minute and rarely seems to roll the dice, favouring the not lose approach

Our record when chasing games is appalling, we tend to hold a lead alright but coming back and winning games is a rarity

MM may well have learnt a lot from this season, I still don't think he has the balance right, when does he ever gamble, going for broke or getting his side to go for the jugular?

His main approach has been to match the opposition first and foremost, that includes sides who are down the bottom of the league

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024