Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New smoking packaging. 00:49 - Apr 17 with 6331 viewsMelford

I know it's bad and to give yourself a decent innings it's best to give up but some of these warnings are a bit much

A naked man in an impotent ball of pity, weeping about his sorry lack of tumescence because he'd smoked too many rollies. If they did the same with alcohol, I wonder what images they would have to put onto bottles of booze.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

New smoking packaging. on 01:25 - Apr 17 with 3100 viewsJakeITFC

I really think smokers get a rough time of it, and that's coming from somebody who has never smoked.

I don't think there are many people who are unaware of the downsides of smoking and I certainly don't know anybody who was buying cigarettes because of the branding, so it's all a bit over the top I think.
New smoking packaging. on 01:55 - Apr 17 with 3068 viewsrapier

Is why I have a tin!
New smoking packaging. on 06:12 - Apr 17 with 2994 viewsmonytowbray

Agree here. As a part time smoker (usually when boozing) I also find the odea that I have to now buy at least 20 fags counter productive. It doesn't put me off, just means I smoke more than the 10 I would have previously.

Not to mention such regulations seem to hit poorer people the hardest, people who may have little joy in life beyond their daily ciggie routine.

The vaping regulations the EU wants to bring in are equally stupid. People who have never smoked in their lives dictating the addictions of others with an iron fist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

New smoking packaging. on 06:15 - Apr 17 with 2984 viewsDolly2.0

Facts are facts, and if they help people quit I don't see it problem with it.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

New smoking packaging. on 06:18 - Apr 17 with 2986 viewsDolly2.0

New smoking packaging. on 01:25 - Apr 17 by JakeITFC

I really think smokers get a rough time of it, and that's coming from somebody who has never smoked.

I don't think there are many people who are unaware of the downsides of smoking and I certainly don't know anybody who was buying cigarettes because of the branding, so it's all a bit over the top I think.

"I don't think there are many people who are unaware of the downsides of smoking"

That's because of a concerted campaign that's included strong imagery like the above, surely?

New smoking packaging. on 06:33 - Apr 17 with 2965 viewsBenters

I think the good lung bad lung pics were better tbh.

I have also been in hospital and seen people die from Lung Cancer,it isnt a nice thing to see i can tell you.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 6:46]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

New smoking packaging. on 07:43 - Apr 17 with 2910 viewsTractorWood

I have noticed a pronounced change in attitude to smoking in the last 20 years. Now there is a stigma attached to it and very few I know under 30 smoke. This is due to an aggressive campaign but without this the burden on the NHS would be massive.

Alcohol will be next on the list. If you go to your local supermarket, a vast array of booze will be on offer and already priced competitively.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

New smoking packaging. on 07:48 - Apr 17 with 2900 viewsimsureazzure

They are disgusting, it must be horrible to sell them.

I don't smoke.

Sugar saturated Chinese takeaways and fat soaked Doner kebabs to be next?
Login to get fewer ads

New smoking packaging. on 07:59 - Apr 17 with 2882 viewsThisIsMyUsername

New smoking packaging. on 06:12 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

Agree here. As a part time smoker (usually when boozing) I also find the odea that I have to now buy at least 20 fags counter productive. It doesn't put me off, just means I smoke more than the 10 I would have previously.

Not to mention such regulations seem to hit poorer people the hardest, people who may have little joy in life beyond their daily ciggie routine.

The vaping regulations the EU wants to bring in are equally stupid. People who have never smoked in their lives dictating the addictions of others with an iron fist.

OK I'm going to be controversial here...

1) If you'd have been able to stop at 10 if you'd only had 10 then why do you need to smoke the other 10? Where is your self control?

2) 'Daily ciggie routine' is one of the worst things I've ever heard. If people are that poor but they can regularly afford the extortionate price of cigarettes then are there priorities not completely skewed?

3) I don't know much about vaping but where is your evidence that these EU beaureaucrats have never smoked in their lives? I thought smoking was quite popular on the continent.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

New smoking packaging. on 08:06 - Apr 17 with 2852 viewsimsureazzure

New smoking packaging. on 07:59 - Apr 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

1) If you'd have been able to stop at 10 if you'd only had 10 then why do you need to smoke the other 10? Where is your self control?

2) 'Daily ciggie routine' is one of the worst things I've ever heard. If people are that poor but they can regularly afford the extortionate price of cigarettes then are there priorities not completely skewed?

3) I don't know much about vaping but where is your evidence that these EU beaureaucrats have never smoked in their lives? I thought smoking was quite popular on the continent.

Not controversial at all.

Bang on.
New smoking packaging. on 08:18 - Apr 17 with 2832 viewsNo9

"The vaping regulations the EU wants to bring in are equally stupid. People who have never smoked in their lives dictating the addictions of others with an iron fist."

What are you on about?
New smoking packaging. on 08:24 - Apr 17 with 2825 viewsTractorWood

New smoking packaging. on 08:18 - Apr 17 by No9

"The vaping regulations the EU wants to bring in are equally stupid. People who have never smoked in their lives dictating the addictions of others with an iron fist."

What are you on about?

I thought we are leaving the EU and there was a new hospital every week to cope with demand.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

New smoking packaging. on 08:25 - Apr 17 with 2818 viewsUHTREDINIT

New smoking packaging. on 06:15 - Apr 17 by Dolly2.0

Facts are facts, and if they help people quit I don't see it problem with it.

Facts are facts,Fags make you quit when you are diagnosed with cancer.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 17:43]
New smoking packaging. on 08:34 - Apr 17 with 2776 viewstaximan

good god

why don't you just stop ?

you are obviously not an addict as you state that you are only a part time smoker
New smoking packaging. on 08:42 - Apr 17 with 2766 viewsNo9

New smoking packaging. on 08:24 - Apr 17 by TractorWood

I thought we are leaving the EU and there was a new hospital every week to cope with demand.

Oh! yes, I had forgotten that
New smoking packaging. on 08:42 - Apr 17 with 2763 viewsBenters

New smoking packaging. on 07:59 - Apr 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

Callis seems very angry this morn ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

New smoking packaging. on 09:02 - Apr 17 with 2726 viewsDolly2.0

New smoking packaging. on 08:25 - Apr 17 by UHTREDINIT

Facts are facts,Fags make you quit when you are diagnosed with cancer.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 17:43]

I think it's a bit late then.

New smoking packaging. on 09:43 - Apr 17 with 2677 viewsGlasgowBlue

New smoking packaging. on 08:42 - Apr 17 by Benters

He needs a fag.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

New smoking packaging. on 10:17 - Apr 17 with 2604 viewsLord_Lucan

Well it doesn't bother me - except at home we are constantly picking up the wrong pouch.

I do feel it is hypocritical to do this and continue to let alcohol producers jazz up their packaging to the nines - and continue to criminalise weed when it is plainly less of a social problem than tobacco and alcohol.

If it wasn't for smokers The NHS would be even more skint
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 12:09]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

New smoking packaging. on 10:18 - Apr 17 with 2600 viewsunbelievablue

New smoking packaging. on 01:25 - Apr 17 by JakeITFC

Kids though.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

New smoking packaging. on 10:27 - Apr 17 with 2585 viewsbrogansnose

New smoking packaging. on 10:17 - Apr 17 by Lord_Lucan

Well it doesn't bother me - except at home we are constantly picking up the wrong pouch.

I do feel it is hypocritical to do this and continue to let alcohol producers jazz up their packaging to the nines - and continue to criminalise weed when it is plainly less of a social problem than tobacco and alcohol.

If it wasn't for smokers The NHS would be even more skint
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 12:09]

Madam B asked me to go and get her some tabacco when I was out the other day. I was stunned by how much a large pouch costs now and the price of twenty fags.

Agree about the alcohol thing. I would hazard a guess that drinking does more harm to individuals and causes more problems to others than cigs.
New smoking packaging. on 10:45 - Apr 17 with 2552 viewsunbelievablue

What are the regulations on vaping?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

New smoking packaging. on 10:51 - Apr 17 with 2548 viewsmonytowbray

New smoking packaging. on 08:42 - Apr 17 by Benters

Please point out where I have been angry this morning?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

New smoking packaging. on 10:53 - Apr 17 with 2539 viewsgtsb1966

New smoking packaging. on 10:45 - Apr 17 by unbelievablue

What are the regulations on vaping?

Vaping in public really f***s me off. It's like walking behind a bonfire.
on 10:54 - Apr 17 with 2533 views_

New smoking packaging. on 10:51 - Apr 17 by monytowbray

Please point out where I have been angry this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024