Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great half of football eh? 15:59 - Apr 17 with 904 viewsMullet

Really built upon Friday night for me. Completely different teams from the St James Park fixture. Today we have a midfield and it shows. Shelvey has only had that volley go his way compared to a few months ago.

Murphy looks like he badly needs a partner. Chambers is marking him like he owes him a tenner. The captain looks well up for this, and bar some dodgy passes in the first 30 from Spence the back four works so much better for me.

Really enjoying watching Kenlock go for two MOTM performances on the bounce. Atsu seemed to mug him and Huws in the first few minutes, and is a hell of a test. He's been reduced to cutting in and crossing from deep which says so much.

Officials are pretty weak aren't they? Missing fouls, players, injured and Newcastle paid for just thinking they could throw themselves down when beaten for pace. McGoldrick bossing the CB's with those runs just too far ahead of them into the channels is letting the widemen work.

That goal was exactly what Sears should be doing. On the angle from out wide, no time to think, just hit it. To think who else but Ritchie tried to alter the game with a dive in the box, but not the header. Then we go up the other end and do that.

The pass from Huws which sent Sears away and the one from Kenlock in the build up to the goal was exactly the type of play which looked good Friday. Win the ball back, find a gap and put the defenders in the back foot.

Still doesn't feel like we're comfortable, but Newcastle look like a side faltering to me. Think it says a lot that Bart hasn't really looked in trouble yet either. That punch an acceptable moment of danger.

The big win for me though is Ward. Maybe having that space today on the FPR pitch is what he needs, but he's grafting and getting the rewards often enough to make it count.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What a great half of football eh? Again! on 17:05 - Apr 17 with 719 viewsMullet

When they equalised I thought we were for it. They were going to clinically pick us off. It was a great finish from Murphy, and the move from Rafa to switch the wingers looked astute. That cross off a turn of pace was perfect, so was the run to leave Berra attacking air and Kenlock trotting in behind.

But that second! Simple beauty to it, and what a time for that attack to click finally. All involved, and you could see what it meant to them. We've had so many goals ruled offside wrongly this season, I was still waiting for Sears to be flagged. When he left the goal open for McGoldrick like that you just know don't you?

Surprised to see Emmanuel come in at left back like that, presumably Kenlock was tired and Mick didn't want him making a mistake late on? It seemed to give us a bit of energy and the removal of Yedlin before he got sent off was telling. We frustrated them all over the shop and took our chances in such a pleasing way.

That final goal though. Maybe it was Reuser being in the building, but the technique, not just the volley from Huws, but the movement and cross were trouserchangers. We completely exploited Newcastle's frailties today.

In their faces, on their heels at every point possible. You could tell when Shelvey starts hunting inside the 18 yard box something was wrong for them. Gutted not to have the long drive home again having picked the Brum game instead.

Mick matched them up across the park and had our lads up for it from the getgo and we deserve every bit of credit and praise today. Just a shame it happens in April and not August that we hit a stride like that. Yeah, Newcastle were poor, but a large proportion of that was down to us. Compare it to the fixture where we let them play.

Kenlock, Huws even Lawrence will learn a lot from that. Whether it was Ritchie turning MK inside out or the space they made on the attack to such great effect in line with the magic of Didsy. I'm chuffed with that performance.

What a great half of football eh? Again! on 18:02 - Apr 17 with 586 viewscarlisleaway

What a great half of football eh? Again! on 17:05 - Apr 17 by Mullet

When they equalised I thought we were for it. They were going to clinically pick us off. It was a great finish from Murphy, and the move from Rafa to switch the wingers looked astute. That cross off a turn of pace was perfect, so was the run to leave Berra attacking air and Kenlock trotting in behind.

But that second! Simple beauty to it, and what a time for that attack to click finally. All involved, and you could see what it meant to them. We've had so many goals ruled offside wrongly this season, I was still waiting for Sears to be flagged. When he left the goal open for McGoldrick like that you just know don't you?

Surprised to see Emmanuel come in at left back like that, presumably Kenlock was tired and Mick didn't want him making a mistake late on? It seemed to give us a bit of energy and the removal of Yedlin before he got sent off was telling. We frustrated them all over the shop and took our chances in such a pleasing way.

That final goal though. Maybe it was Reuser being in the building, but the technique, not just the volley from Huws, but the movement and cross were trouserchangers. We completely exploited Newcastle's frailties today.

In their faces, on their heels at every point possible. You could tell when Shelvey starts hunting inside the 18 yard box something was wrong for them. Gutted not to have the long drive home again having picked the Brum game instead.

Mick matched them up across the park and had our lads up for it from the getgo and we deserve every bit of credit and praise today. Just a shame it happens in April and not August that we hit a stride like that. Yeah, Newcastle were poor, but a large proportion of that was down to us. Compare it to the fixture where we let them play.

Kenlock, Huws even Lawrence will learn a lot from that. Whether it was Ritchie turning MK inside out or the space they made on the attack to such great effect in line with the magic of Didsy. I'm chuffed with that performance.

Have to agree about the follow on from Friday night, also to keep the same team and build confidence through the team. We all go on about players that do not belong to us but Huyes, or however you spell it... must be signed up, thought he had an outstanding game and it was hard to find a player who did not give his all.
What a great half of football eh? Again! on 18:11 - Apr 17 with 558 viewsMullet

What a great half of football eh? Again! on 18:02 - Apr 17 by carlisleaway

Have to agree about the follow on from Friday night, also to keep the same team and build confidence through the team. We all go on about players that do not belong to us but Huyes, or however you spell it... must be signed up, thought he had an outstanding game and it was hard to find a player who did not give his all.

That will mean Mick has to stay. We can't talk about retaining players a new man might not want. That's how we ended up with Huws in the first place.

What a great half of football eh? Again! on 18:17 - Apr 17 with 529 viewsCoco

What a great half of football eh? Again! on 18:11 - Apr 17 by Mullet

That will mean Mick has to stay. We can't talk about retaining players a new man might not want. That's how we ended up with Huws in the first place.

Rather a new manager and new philosophy than just keep Huws. Good performance today but you can't track an old dog new tricks.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024