Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... 18:39 - Apr 17 with 1979 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:45 - Apr 17 with 1886 viewsJ2BLUE

You f**ker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:46 - Apr 17 with 1866 viewsSitfcB

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:45 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

You f**ker.

OMG I'm not renewing.

COYB

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:49 - Apr 17 with 1835 viewsIllinoisblue

worst league finish in about 50 years. I wonder why there's been some discontent this season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:51 - Apr 17 with 1806 viewspointofblue

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:49 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

worst league finish in about 50 years. I wonder why there's been some discontent this season.

I think most fans would have taken it if he could see why, or see the team developing a different style and needed to take a step back to go forwards. But neither has been the case.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:54 - Apr 17 with 1784 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:49 - Apr 17 by Illinoisblue

but actually it won't be the lowest, will it ? Note the word "finish". We'll have 7-9 more points before we're done.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Eh? 50 years.....? on 18:55 - Apr 17 with 1760 viewsBloots

....try 5 years Illy.

Close though!

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:55 - Apr 17 with 1746 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:54 - Apr 17 by readtheleaguetable

but actually it won't be the lowest, will it ? Note the word "finish". We'll have 7-9 more points before we're done.

whoa, we're going to surpass our spiritual home of 15th? The heady heights of 13th are a calling? #giddy

62 - 78 - 81

Eh? 50 years.....? on 18:56 - Apr 17 with 1730 viewsIllinoisblue

Eh? 50 years.....? on 18:55 - Apr 17 by Bloots

....try 5 years Illy.

Close though!

"about" :-)

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Eh? 50 years.....? on 18:56 - Apr 17 with 1730 viewsSitfcB

Eh? 50 years.....? on 18:55 - Apr 17 by Bloots

....try 5 years Illy.

Close though!

Yeah I've been a bit confused seeing all this 50 years business....?

COYB

#Agenda (n/t) on 18:57 - Apr 17 with 1706 viewsBloots

Eh? 50 years.....? on 18:56 - Apr 17 by SitfcB

Yeah I've been a bit confused seeing all this 50 years business....?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:11 - Apr 17 with 1624 viewsbluefunk

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 18:51 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

I think most fans would have taken it if he could see why, or see the team developing a different style and needed to take a step back to go forwards. But neither has been the case.

Could see why - ffs for large parts of the season we have had half a team injured, McGoldrick, Hyam, Pitman, Smith, Webster, Bru, Williams, (yes I know..) all have had long term or a succession of injuries and now we have Knudsen and Taylor out. That has meant MM has had limited options, particularly in midfield. That is why we haven't been able to perform like we did today, when at last our injury list has shrunk to managable proportions and he has options.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:30]
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 1595 viewsCoco

You silly superfan.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:23 - Apr 17 with 1556 viewsRyorry

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:11 - Apr 17 by bluefunk

Could see why - ffs for large parts of the season we have had half a team injured, McGoldrick, Hyam, Pitman, Smith, Webster, Bru, Williams, (yes I know..) all have had long term or a succession of injuries and now we have Knudsen and Taylor out. That has meant MM has had limited options, particularly in midfield. That is why we haven't been able to perform like we did today, when at last our injury list has shrunk to managable proportions and he has options.

And Webster's so good you had to mention him twice!

Wonder how Hyam is. Bru too.

PS - "Mane agave" - new type of fruit loop?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:24]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:28 - Apr 17 with 1498 viewsReuser_is_God

He won't be here next season anyway so fcuk him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:32 - Apr 17 with 1456 viewsbluefunk

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:23 - Apr 17 by Ryorry

And Webster's so good you had to mention him twice!

Wonder how Hyam is. Bru too.

PS - "Mane agave" - new type of fruit loop?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 19:24]

damned auto correct.... seriously we really have missed Webster!!!

Bru was one of those who has had a series of niggles, rather than a long term problem, like Bishop, Hyam would have been the alternative to Douglas, had he been available
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:33 - Apr 17 with 1451 viewspointofblue

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:11 - Apr 17 by bluefunk

Yes, Williams was a panic signing after we let Murphy go.

The Webster and Smith combination in the centre shoved Chambers to right back; it's only with their injuries that we saw Chambers move to the centre. It also gave us flexability with a 3-5-2 in Knudsen looking more comfortable in the centre and Emmanuel/Spence operating the wings - not that I don't want either of them back and fit.

Knudsen's injury has allowed Kenlock to make left back his own. Fans have been questioning the Dane's performances in that position for months but they fell on deaf ears. Injuries forced Mick's hand.

Pitman couldn't do much for us even before injury as we decided the best thing to do with a player who's not great in the air was to hoof the ball at him.

Bru is so hot and cold he could be a Katy Perry song. He's decent in one match and anonymous at best in the next - he's not the answer.

Hyam gets better with every game he doesn't play - if he returns to the line up he'll be criticised again.

We definitely missed Taylor and McGoldrick IMO. Taylor organised our defence for the brief period he played and McGoldrick is our star player.

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:33 - Apr 17 with 1438 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

That's not quite true though is it? It's only by the grace of god and injuries that we don't have chambers at right back with orders to hoof it to Murphy
#Agenda (n/t) on 19:48 - Apr 17 with 1381 viewsfactual_blue

#Agenda (n/t) on 18:57 - Apr 17 by Bloots

#incompetencemorelike

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:53 - Apr 17 with 1356 viewsbluefunk

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:33 - Apr 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

That's not quite true though is it? It's only by the grace of god and injuries that we don't have chambers at right back with orders to hoof it to Murphy

Of course it's more nuanced, and MM hasn't helped himself at times, but injuries have robbed us of creativity for much of the season, (hence our over reliance on Lawrence, thank goodness for him) and midfield options, particularly, have been sadly lacking, hence Douglas.

I'd have been happy to have Chambers at right back in exchange for a fit McGoldrick and Webster all season
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:55 - Apr 17 with 1341 viewsbraveblue

So he played Douglas instead of Williams?
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:58 - Apr 17 with 1323 viewsbluefunk

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:33 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Yes, Williams was a panic signing after we let Murphy go.

The Webster and Smith combination in the centre shoved Chambers to right back; it's only with their injuries that we saw Chambers move to the centre. It also gave us flexability with a 3-5-2 in Knudsen looking more comfortable in the centre and Emmanuel/Spence operating the wings - not that I don't want either of them back and fit.

Knudsen's injury has allowed Kenlock to make left back his own. Fans have been questioning the Dane's performances in that position for months but they fell on deaf ears. Injuries forced Mick's hand.

Pitman couldn't do much for us even before injury as we decided the best thing to do with a player who's not great in the air was to hoof the ball at him.

Bru is so hot and cold he could be a Katy Perry song. He's decent in one match and anonymous at best in the next - he's not the answer.

Hyam gets better with every game he doesn't play - if he returns to the line up he'll be criticised again.

We definitely missed Taylor and McGoldrick IMO. Taylor organised our defence for the brief period he played and McGoldrick is our star player.

Our creativity and midfield options were severely limited by injuries, i personally don't rate Bru, and agree that Hyam has his limitations but they do at least provide an option when fit,
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 20:01 - Apr 17 with 1306 viewsSuperTommySmith

You mean our joint worse finish with the 2009-10 and 2011-12 where we finished 15th both times, which is also our present position with being able to move up to the lofty heights of 12th with a couple of wins a real possibility.

Looking at our finishes prior to Mick we finished 15th, 14th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 13th and 15th before he took us to 14th(taking over with us bottom in November), 9th, 6th and 7th. So we've essentially returned to our bang average midtable finishing that we had prior to Mick 5 of the 7 seasons.....
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 20:07 - Apr 17 with 1258 viewspointofblue

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 19:58 - Apr 17 by bluefunk

Our creativity and midfield options were severely limited by injuries, i personally don't rate Bru, and agree that Hyam has his limitations but they do at least provide an option when fit,

That's why people were crying out for us to try Dozzell - Mick decided not to, maybe for good reason, maybe he's not really ready.

Wasting money on Williams was ridiculous but maybe we had very few options then, especially as clubs knew we had Murphy's money in our pocket.

Of course the one player missed off the original list and who, in his pomp, we've really missed is Bishop. If we can get him back to his best and keep him fit next season that will be a boon.

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 20:31 - Apr 17 with 1170 viewsbluefunk

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 20:07 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

That's why people were crying out for us to try Dozzell - Mick decided not to, maybe for good reason, maybe he's not really ready.

Wasting money on Williams was ridiculous but maybe we had very few options then, especially as clubs knew we had Murphy's money in our pocket.

Of course the one player missed off the original list and who, in his pomp, we've really missed is Bishop. If we can get him back to his best and keep him fit next season that will be a boon.

I think MM thought at an early stage that we were up against it, and reverted to a cautious approach, which ruled out Dozell, as he has said recently.

Completely agree re Bishop, and Williams only cost us money when fit, so not much.

Mick doesn't help himself sometimes, but if the owner does release the purse strings, he'll probably feel tha he is a safe pair of hands rather than a new man - depends whether Mick fancies another season I guess
Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 06:17 - Apr 18 with 958 viewsBenters

Mick speaking the truth again and people don't like it... on 20:01 - Apr 17 by SuperTommySmith

You mean our joint worse finish with the 2009-10 and 2011-12 where we finished 15th both times, which is also our present position with being able to move up to the lofty heights of 12th with a couple of wins a real possibility.

Looking at our finishes prior to Mick we finished 15th, 14th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 13th and 15th before he took us to 14th(taking over with us bottom in November), 9th, 6th and 7th. So we've essentially returned to our bang average midtable finishing that we had prior to Mick 5 of the 7 seasons.....

Not if we fall back to 17th though ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024