Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing game on Saturday 11:36 - Apr 18 with 1124 viewsSmithy

do we give some of the kids some game time or do we try and keep the momentum going

Should the likes of Dozzell, Nydam, McDonnell, Webber and Morris get some minutes?

Should Bishop, Rowe or Moore get a chance to show their worth?

Should Diagouraga, Samuel and Williams now be returned?

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:39 - Apr 18 with 1105 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd certainly like to see Dozzell, Bishop and Rowe get some minutes now. Even if its 15-20 minutes off the bench. If Samuel is viewed as a permanent signing this summer then i'd be inclined to give him a few minutes as well.

That said, be nice to keep some sort of momentum going, whether that's to help Mick's cause for next season or a new manager coming in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:44 - Apr 18 with 1088 viewshoppy

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:39 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

I'd certainly like to see Dozzell, Bishop and Rowe get some minutes now. Even if its 15-20 minutes off the bench. If Samuel is viewed as a permanent signing this summer then i'd be inclined to give him a few minutes as well.

That said, be nice to keep some sort of momentum going, whether that's to help Mick's cause for next season or a new manager coming in.

I can see both sides like that too, it's a tricky one. Would giving a few minutes in a nothing game, against a side already relegated really tell us much about them as to whether they're ready for a more challenging situation in terms of the youngsters?

As you say, if Samuel is considered a possible permanent signing, would be worth giving him a bit of time from the bench, but I wouldn't start him at the moment, as I think Sears playing alongside McGoldrick has really perked him up and being a confidence player, would be best to keep that going for now, in my opinion. Likewise, if we're considering making Williams a permanent signing (which wouldn't surprise me) then I'd have him on the bench in place of Bru, and actually give him some playing time too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:50 - Apr 18 with 1063 viewshype313

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:44 - Apr 18 by hoppy

I can see both sides like that too, it's a tricky one. Would giving a few minutes in a nothing game, against a side already relegated really tell us much about them as to whether they're ready for a more challenging situation in terms of the youngsters?

As you say, if Samuel is considered a possible permanent signing, would be worth giving him a bit of time from the bench, but I wouldn't start him at the moment, as I think Sears playing alongside McGoldrick has really perked him up and being a confidence player, would be best to keep that going for now, in my opinion. Likewise, if we're considering making Williams a permanent signing (which wouldn't surprise me) then I'd have him on the bench in place of Bru, and actually give him some playing time too.

Do you think we would get Williams in full time? If so I would hope it would be on the cheap.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:51 - Apr 18 with 1062 viewsIllinoisblue

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:39 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

It's been a disastrous 18 months for Bishop. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:54 - Apr 18 with 1038 viewsKieran_Knows

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:51 - Apr 18 by Illinoisblue

It's been a disastrous 18 months for Bishop. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

You're not wrong. Try and get a couple of cameo appearances from the bench in the remaining games and then come back for pre-season fully fit and firing to stake a claim for next season.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 11:59]

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:55 - Apr 18 with 1025 viewshoppy

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:50 - Apr 18 by hype313

Do you think we would get Williams in full time? If so I would hope it would be on the cheap.

I think we would, and yes, I think it would be on the cheap, given his injury record etc, but that could turn out to be a canny signing I think. Seeing how he played in the Euros for Wales, to get a player like him on the cheap could be good. There'll always be doubts whether he'd stay fit long enough I suppose, but if.....

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 1011 viewsIllinoisblue

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:54 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

You're not wrong. Try and get a couple of cameo appearances from the bench in the remaining games and then come back for pre-season fully fit and firing to stake a claim for next season.

It's either that or he'll fade away a la Ian Westlake

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:58 - Apr 18 with 1006 viewshoppy

"Your not wrong." is wrong.

You're.

Your welcome.

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:59 - Apr 18 with 994 viewsKieran_Knows

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:58 - Apr 18 by hoppy

"Your not wrong." is wrong.

You're.

Your welcome.

Amended.

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:00 - Apr 18 with 990 viewshype313

Nothing game on Saturday on 11:55 - Apr 18 by hoppy

I think we would, and yes, I think it would be on the cheap, given his injury record etc, but that could turn out to be a canny signing I think. Seeing how he played in the Euros for Wales, to get a player like him on the cheap could be good. There'll always be doubts whether he'd stay fit long enough I suppose, but if.....

If he was a snip and wages were not too high then he would be a welcome addition, however, given our injury records on other key players hasn't been great, I'm a little apprehensive on Jonny.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:04 - Apr 18 with 966 viewsBent_double

Start a couple (Dozzell and Rowe) and have a couple on the bench. Micks not going to want to lose to an already relegated team, so will need to be a bit cautious.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:12 - Apr 18 with 948 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

If Mick is off then he will want the best possible end to the season so his stock is as high as possible so I cant see him tinkering very much unless we have injuries or we get comfortable leads in the last remaining games, then he may play the youngsters/fringe players.

Would however be nice to see a few of the younger lads at least come off the bench as some of them deserve that chance now the season is effectively over for us.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:13 - Apr 18 with 948 viewshoppy

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:04 - Apr 18 by Bent_double

Start a couple (Dozzell and Rowe) and have a couple on the bench. Micks not going to want to lose to an already relegated team, so will need to be a bit cautious.

The other thing is though, that apart from the Rotherham game, the other two games we've got left are still very important ones to the teams we're facing, so we need to be mindful of playing a strong side in those games too, as Sheffield Wednesday are hoping for a place in the playoffs, and Forest are trying to avoid getting caught in the bottom 3. If we were to play a load of youngsters it wouldn't really be fair to the other teams around them if we were to lose because of our selections.

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:14 - Apr 18 with 941 viewsCaptainObvious

anyone who is not going to be here next season shouldn't play.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:24 - Apr 18 with 910 viewsitfctilidie

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:13 - Apr 18 by hoppy

The other thing is though, that apart from the Rotherham game, the other two games we've got left are still very important ones to the teams we're facing, so we need to be mindful of playing a strong side in those games too, as Sheffield Wednesday are hoping for a place in the playoffs, and Forest are trying to avoid getting caught in the bottom 3. If we were to play a load of youngsters it wouldn't really be fair to the other teams around them if we were to lose because of our selections.

i get what you are saying but we don't need to worry about other teams, if we have nothing to play for then we should be trying out players for next year. If it means we lose and someone is relegated then they have had 46 of their own matches to save themselves
Nothing game on Saturday on 12:29 - Apr 18 with 898 viewsReuser_is_God

He had some good cameo performances at the end of last season but went missing again in pre season.

Got a horrible feeling he'll just fade away & end up at Leiston in a few years.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Nothing game on Saturday on 18:14 - Apr 18 with 770 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Nothing game on Saturday on 12:14 - Apr 18 by CaptainObvious

anyone who is not going to be here next season shouldn't play.

I agree with this except that I would play Huws as hopefully he will be here next season. I would
play Rowe instead of Lawrence.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Nothing game on Saturday on 20:16 - Apr 18 with 697 viewsSonOfSpock

We are safe,the season is dead.

If we don't play them now,i cant think of a better time to do so. It's irrelevant what the opposition are up to.
Nothing game on Saturday on 20:18 - Apr 18 with 691 viewsbraveblue

Too late. Nothing game. If they win MM will say he needs blokes for the tough matches. If they lose he will smirk at the fans. Who cares?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024