Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? 10:03 - Apr 19 with 4604 viewsitfcjoe

Firstly, Tommy Smith in for Christophe Berra.

Danny Rowe getting minutes at Tom Lawrence's expense.

Decision needs to be made on Jordan Spence, or get Josh Emmanuel in

Even Dozzell getting a few minutes instead of Huws if deal isn't going to be done?

Plus any players with slight knocks

What do others think??

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:04 - Apr 19 with 1962 viewshoofer

Agreed but does fit well with MM.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:06 - Apr 19 with 1960 viewsKieran_Knows

Think it was discussed yesterday, but I'd certainly like to see Bishop, Dozzell and Rowe get some minutes in before the end of season now.

Trouble is, what do you do? Do you keep this mini run of momentum going until the summer, to either a) help Mick's cause for next season or b) for any potential new manager?

Spence and Huws are tough ones, because their futures probably depend on Mick's, and we still don't know what's happening with him yet!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:08 - Apr 19 with 1932 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect what we'll see is extended game time for youngsters and players like Smith who may very well have a larger role next season in much the same way as Dozzell got extended runs from the bench rather than 10-minute cameos and run-down-the-clock substitutions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:09 - Apr 19 with 1923 viewsReuser_is_God

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:06 - Apr 19 by Kieran_Knows

Think it was discussed yesterday, but I'd certainly like to see Bishop, Dozzell and Rowe get some minutes in before the end of season now.

Trouble is, what do you do? Do you keep this mini run of momentum going until the summer, to either a) help Mick's cause for next season or b) for any potential new manager?

Spence and Huws are tough ones, because their futures probably depend on Mick's, and we still don't know what's happening with him yet!

We had a good run at the end of last season so not sure it'll have much of a bearing on the summer/next season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:12 - Apr 19 with 1897 viewsKieran_Knows

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:09 - Apr 19 by Reuser_is_God

We had a good run at the end of last season so not sure it'll have much of a bearing on the summer/next season.

To be fair, it's probably on par with this season. From March - May we had 4 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses.
So far from March-now this season, we've had 3 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses.

Either way, it'd be decent to see a few more players involved now were safe.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 10:15]

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:18 - Apr 19 with 1884 viewsPhilTWTD

Be interesting to see whether Dominic Samuel gets some game time. Mick seems to have been impressed with him and may well be available in the summer.

I think they're going to keep Spence, Mick has said something along those lines a couple of times and the player seems happy to stay.

Of the other youngsters, Nydam might be included in a squad at some point, I would guess, and maybe Morris as well as his loan at Woking has ended.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 1852 viewsSteve_M

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:09 - Apr 19 by Reuser_is_God

Although the first month of the season was generally ok, until something major happened at the end of August.

I would like to see us finish at home with a similar performance against SWFC as on Monday, they'll also need a win and will likely attack. After this season, getting some points feels more important than giving too much time to young players. They should certainly get some though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 1849 viewsKieran_Knows

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:18 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

Be interesting to see whether Dominic Samuel gets some game time. Mick seems to have been impressed with him and may well be available in the summer.

I think they're going to keep Spence, Mick has said something along those lines a couple of times and the player seems happy to stay.

Of the other youngsters, Nydam might be included in a squad at some point, I would guess, and maybe Morris as well as his loan at Woking has ended.

I said that too yesterday about Samuel. If he's one were looking to keep then he may well get some minutes.

Think the managers future needs clearing up first, IMO.

Login to get fewer ads

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:20 - Apr 19 with 1836 viewsKieran_Knows

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:19 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Although the first month of the season was generally ok, until something major happened at the end of August.

I would like to see us finish at home with a similar performance against SWFC as on Monday, they'll also need a win and will likely attack. After this season, getting some points feels more important than giving too much time to young players. They should certainly get some though.

'until something major happened at the end of August' which we still haven't recovered from!

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:20 - Apr 19 with 1839 viewsNo9

I agree with much of that Joe but the long term weakness has been in midfield and should get the most attention Huw's has helped & with him in Ward looks better but it needs time & work to make it gel for the long term.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:24 - Apr 19 with 1829 viewsPhilTWTD

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:19 - Apr 19 by Kieran_Knows

I said that too yesterday about Samuel. If he's one were looking to keep then he may well get some minutes.

I would guess Mick and Marcus will have a chat about plans for the future fairly soon, although from Mick's perspective he's cleared it up, he's staying if it's down to him unless something changes dramatically.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:26 - Apr 19 with 1788 viewschicoazul

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:19 - Apr 19 by Kieran_Knows

The Managers future is clear, I dont see why people are still struggling with this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:27 - Apr 19 with 1785 viewsNo9

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:24 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

I would guess Mick and Marcus will have a chat about plans for the future fairly soon, although from Mick's perspective he's cleared it up, he's staying if it's down to him unless something changes dramatically.

If that's the case Phil many will need to find something else to do on a winters Saturday afternoon?
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:27 - Apr 19 with 1787 viewsRadlett_blue

Totally agree. What was the point in signing Rowe if we won't give him pitch time in meaningless games? The whole ides of "momentum" is absurd, given that several of the squad won't be at PR next season.
Of course, part of the problem is all the uncertainty over whether the club will trigger extensions for the likes of Chambers & Berra. And this won't be resolved until it's decided if Mick is staying or going.
As Mick is probably unsure himself as to whether he will be at PR next season, I expect him to go super-conservative & pick the strongest starting XI in the last few games. Winning those & getting Town solidly into mid table will look better on his CV. He'll give a couple of the fringe players the odd cameo in order to throw a bone to the f*****s.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:27 - Apr 19 with 1784 viewshype313

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:24 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

All sounds like he's staying to me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:29 - Apr 19 with 1766 viewsHipsterectomy

How do you think MM can stay after his relationship with the fans over the past 18 months or so? If we do poorly next season it will be the same attacking of fans etc. If we do well he will probably attack the fans even more. I'm not sure that he is the type to move on from something like this.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:31 - Apr 19 with 1754 viewsRadlett_blue

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:19 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Rotherham is the obvious game in which to experiment, given that they're doomed. I can see an argument for starting pretty much our strongest XI against Wednesday as that game could have a major bearing on the play off places.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:36 - Apr 19 with 1737 viewsPhilTWTD

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:27 - Apr 19 by hype313

All sounds like he's staying to me.

I had thought a change was certain at the end of the season - to a great degree due to the breakdown of his relationship with fans - but MM has seemed more determined to stay in the last couple of weeks.

Depends whether Marcus still sees him as the man for the job, despite this season's struggles and the inevitable drop in season ticket sales and revenue, which will be approaching about £1 million if my high 9,000s figure is right.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:39 - Apr 19 with 1691 viewsKieran_Knows

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:26 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

The Managers future is clear, I dont see why people are still struggling with this.

The managers future is clear, to himself. Is it clear that is what Evans wants as well?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 10:44]

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:41 - Apr 19 with 1683 viewsBlueBadger

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:39 - Apr 19 by Kieran_Knows

The managers future is clear, to himself. Is it clear that is what Evans wants as well?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 10:44]

I don't think it's clear to Marcus Evans what Marcus Evans wants, if the evidence of this tenure is anything to go by.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:41 - Apr 19 with 1677 viewsclive_baker

I would be less bothered about Smith personally, it's not like he's a young player who needs experience. If it's decided that he's going to be a regular next season then come August he'll be ready for it, I'm not sure 3 games now will make much of a difference. Maybe play him against Forest, but I would probably be tempted to play Berra against Rotherham and Wednesday, taking him off late on to give us a chance to give him a good reception.

Definitely a good opportunity for Morris, Nydam, Dozzell, Rowe, Bishop, Emmanuel etc though to get a comfortable in and around the first team, so it's all a little less alien next season for the younger lads.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:42 - Apr 19 with 1679 viewsPhilTWTD

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:29 - Apr 19 by Hipsterectomy

How do you think MM can stay after his relationship with the fans over the past 18 months or so? If we do poorly next season it will be the same attacking of fans etc. If we do well he will probably attack the fans even more. I'm not sure that he is the type to move on from something like this.

MM's argument would be that if performances and results improve so will his relationship with supporters. However, even he agrees that it's too late with some fans.

That has always been my biggest argument for his exit, regardless of whether he has done well here over his four-plus years, it's not healthy for a club to have a manager so many fans have so little time for.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:42 - Apr 19 with 1664 viewsPhilTWTD

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:27 - Apr 19 by No9

If that's the case Phil many will need to find something else to do on a winters Saturday afternoon?

They may well.
Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:46 - Apr 19 with 1630 viewshype313

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:36 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

I had thought a change was certain at the end of the season - to a great degree due to the breakdown of his relationship with fans - but MM has seemed more determined to stay in the last couple of weeks.

Depends whether Marcus still sees him as the man for the job, despite this season's struggles and the inevitable drop in season ticket sales and revenue, which will be approaching about £1 million if my high 9,000s figure is right.

I genuinely think that Marcus will stick with Mick, as he knows he will work under his parameters and it would be expensive to sack him and try to entice someone new coming in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Now we are mathematically safe, is it time for some changes? on 10:59 - Apr 19 with 1571 viewstextbackup

Agree with all that.

I really hope we sign spence, really impressed with what I've seen from him.

MM won't drop Berra, pointless even hoping it happens. He won't drop Lawrence either. He won't plan for next season as hopefully won't be here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024