Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? 07:27 - Apr 20 with 1749 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39648503

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 07:37 - Apr 20 with 1700 viewsWD19

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 08:15 - Apr 20 with 1647 viewsGeoffSentence

OPCW is based in the Netherlands and is headed by a Turk. Although it has recently softened, Turkey has long standing opposition to Assad, ergo the OPCW is a biased and untrustworthy source.

Or something.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 09:39 - Apr 20 with 1574 viewsNo9

Maybe I have missed somethign but when Assad denied it was there any real evidence (apart from American rhetoric ) to show he did do it?
After listening to some of the diplomats who used to be in embassies out the I don't know what to believe
Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 09:50 - Apr 20 with 1554 viewsblueislander

Pazelle and CIL probably.

If one accepts that chemical weapons were used, and the video footage is fairly conclusive, it is difficult to imagine who did use them if it wasn't the Assad regime.
Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 10:11 - Apr 20 with 1532 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There is no new information there....somebody used sarin. Who had most to gain, Assad or people that use suicide bombs on children in buses ? Plenty of room for doubt still in my mind !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 10:50 - Apr 20 with 1504 viewsimsureazzure

Chemical weapons used for sure, who used them? There are no independent sources on the ground to report this are there?

The BBC uses in every bulletin " it is reported" they have no idea, it is just who they wish to believe.
Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 10:51 - Apr 20 with 1499 viewsblue_oyster

I pray that you never get called for jury service.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:08 - Apr 20 with 1476 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 10:50 - Apr 20 by imsureazzure

Chemical weapons used for sure, who used them? There are no independent sources on the ground to report this are there?

The BBC uses in every bulletin " it is reported" they have no idea, it is just who they wish to believe.

If you read the article you would see that BBC didn't use 'it is reported' in this article and the OPCW has analysed samples from victims and identified Sarin or a similar chemical.

If you consider OPCW to be independent, then yes there is an independent source on the ground confirming the use of chemical weapons.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:11 - Apr 20 with 1468 viewsimsureazzure

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:08 - Apr 20 by GeoffSentence

If you read the article you would see that BBC didn't use 'it is reported' in this article and the OPCW has analysed samples from victims and identified Sarin or a similar chemical.

If you consider OPCW to be independent, then yes there is an independent source on the ground confirming the use of chemical weapons.

We know that chemical weapons have been used, I don't believe that anyone is disputing that.

It has not been publically proven who deployed them though.
Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:15 - Apr 20 with 1456 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:11 - Apr 20 by imsureazzure

We know that chemical weapons have been used, I don't believe that anyone is disputing that.

It has not been publically proven who deployed them though.

Sorry, I think I misread your previous post, I thought you were arguing that chemical weapons may not have been used.

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:15 - Apr 20 with 1456 viewsimsureazzure

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 11:08 - Apr 20 by GeoffSentence

I am frankly astonished, the lies and misinformation that our governments and news agencies have fed us over recent conflicts in Iraq and Libya, people still take the news as gospel.

Wake up FFS.
Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 12:57 - Apr 20 with 1409 viewsflimflam

I still am yet to be convinced that Assad had anything to do with it and do not think there will be any evidence to prove he did as I believe he did not do it.

Nothing to gain and so much lose whereas the rebels and the West had much to gain and nothing to lose.

People just blindly believe what is put in front of them without question which is frightening.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 1360 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 10:51 - Apr 20 by blue_oyster

I pray that you never get called for jury service.

Your prayers have been in vain. And may I point out that I asked for arguments against my assertion and not for everyone to shut up because I considered it accepted by all.

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 14:08 - Apr 20 with 1340 viewsblue_oyster

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 13:37 - Apr 20 by WeWereZombies

Your prayers have been in vain. And may I point out that I asked for arguments against my assertion and not for everyone to shut up because I considered it accepted by all.

The argument against your assertion is that there is no evidence to support it. It's not complicated.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 1290 viewsMullet

Heard this morning the French services have some evidence that prove it on the BBC news and they are putting it together as we speak. Presumably it'll be added to this?

I can't really believe it wouldn't be Assad frankly. Whatever else is coming out will have to be pretty impressive to suggest otherwise.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 17:28 - Apr 20 with 1268 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still prepared to argue that Assad did not use chemical weapons in Idlib? on 14:08 - Apr 20 by blue_oyster

The argument against your assertion is that there is no evidence to support it. It's not complicated.

Other than the evidence which some people do not accept as evidence - it is a bit complicated...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024