Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
House Clearance - Ipswich 12:16 - Apr 20 with 775 viewsHeathlander

Hi fellow blues.

anyone got any experience of house clearance companies in Ipswich? What does it cost? What will they take?

Any experiences welcomed and recommendations.

Cheers,

Heathy
House Clearance - Ipswich on 12:54 - Apr 20 with 725 viewsLord_Lucan

What exactly do you want to do? Sell the stuff or just get someone to take it away?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

House Clearance - Ipswich on 12:56 - Apr 20 with 722 viewsconnorscontract

I'm not local, but they should pay you if there is anything remotely decent in there. Most people have some worthwhile furniture and even stuff like crockery, pans and baking tins adds up.

Ask three in for quotes and work on the basis that you know there's a good few hundred quids worth and what are they offering.
House Clearance - Ipswich on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 687 viewsHeathlander

House Clearance - Ipswich on 12:54 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

What exactly do you want to do? Sell the stuff or just get someone to take it away?

Get someone to take it away. There are items that could be sold like dishwasher, washing machine etc but I don't have the umph to stick it on gumtree as I don't live that near the property.
House Clearance - Ipswich on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 672 viewsLord_Lucan

House Clearance - Ipswich on 13:17 - Apr 20 by Heathlander

Get someone to take it away. There are items that could be sold like dishwasher, washing machine etc but I don't have the umph to stick it on gumtree as I don't live that near the property.

Why don't you get a local charity to pick the stuff up. Pretty sure there is one up Chantry that would be grateful and you can get rid and help someone at the same time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

House Clearance - Ipswich on 13:27 - Apr 20 with 661 viewsconnorscontract

House Clearance - Ipswich on 13:17 - Apr 20 by Heathlander

The Clearance people will factor the value of those things in. They will be expecting to make you an offer, or if it's all work for no reward will say "No, ta."

If you say "How much do I have to pay you to clear my place" they will take you for a mug. If you say "Do you want to give me a quote, there's a decent dishwasher and washing machine." you'll get interest.

I think you'll be surprised and you'll make one or two hundred quid. But only if you act like you're expecting something.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024