Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giving Mick one more go 11:18 - Apr 21 with 2005 viewsBobbychase

Renewing ST. Don't think he's going anywhere but will see what the summer brings. Great performance Monday and we've lost three of our last 16 games. Genuinely don't think things are as bad as it's been portrayed.

That said, Evans is on borrowed time and big investment needed. Someone to replace Lawrence for a start.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Giving Mick one more go on 11:23 - Apr 21 with 1966 viewsbraveblue

Good luck. I can't take another year of defensive, boring football.
Giving Mick one more go on 11:27 - Apr 21 with 1950 viewstheipswichman

It's not completely the results though, we are one of the most boring unimaginative sides in the league (Monday aside). Like you I'm giving Mick a chance to turn it around next season but it has been very poor.
Giving Mick one more go on 11:27 - Apr 21 with 1948 viewshomer_123

Giving Mick one more go on 11:23 - Apr 21 by braveblue

I'd still argue that it's more entertaining than the football Keane offered us. FWIW

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Giving Mick one more go on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 1934 viewsmonty_radio

Giving Mick one more go on 11:27 - Apr 21 by homer_123

I'd still argue that it's more entertaining than the football Keane offered us. FWIW

Give me a prod to wake me up next time you wander by my seat so you can remind me what the arguments are.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Giving Mick one more go on 11:33 - Apr 21 with 1932 viewshomer_123

Giving Mick one more go on 11:32 - Apr 21 by monty_radio

Give me a prod to wake me up next time you wander by my seat so you can remind me what the arguments are.

Interesting that Newcastle played a very direct approach against us, looking at long diag balls or to hit Murphy......

EDIT: I should also say that, without doubt watching football under Jewell was arguably more exciting that Micks team this season. We were as likely to ship 4 as score 4 under Jewell so it wasn't dull.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 11:35]

Giving Mick one more go on 11:35 - Apr 21 with 1928 viewstextbackup

Ive renewed for no reason other than I'm a town fan. I hold no hope that MM will change his ways, and no hope on any real spend from ME.

Same sht again

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Giving Mick one more go on 11:36 - Apr 21 with 1920 viewshomer_123

Giving Mick one more go on 11:35 - Apr 21 by textbackup

Ive renewed for no reason other than I'm a town fan. I hold no hope that MM will change his ways, and no hope on any real spend from ME.

Same sht again

Oddly, football doesn't work that way though does it. Which is what makes it interesting.

Giving Mick one more go on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 1893 viewstextbackup

Giving Mick one more go on 11:36 - Apr 21 by homer_123

Oddly, football doesn't work that way though does it. Which is what makes it interesting.

At the end of last season I said this, and was proved right. This season was as pointless as many of us 'negative' ones predicted

Login to get fewer ads

Giving Mick one more go on 11:46 - Apr 21 with 1884 viewsNo9

The championship- P W D L GF GA W D L GF GA GD Pts

15 Ipswich Town 43 8 10 4 30 23 5 6 10 18 30 -5 55

Only won 8 games at home = Not good
Only scored 48 goals all season = Not good
Conceded 52 Not good

They say the league never lies
Giving Mick one more go on 11:49 - Apr 21 with 1872 viewstextbackup

Giving Mick one more go on 11:46 - Apr 21 by No9

The championship- P W D L GF GA W D L GF GA GD Pts

15 Ipswich Town 43 8 10 4 30 23 5 6 10 18 30 -5 55

Only won 8 games at home = Not good
Only scored 48 goals all season = Not good
Conceded 52 Not good

They say the league never lies

Yeah, but, no back to back losses. Extend his contract

Giving Mick one more go on 11:51 - Apr 21 with 1875 viewschristiand

From a positive it keeps continuity and a mass upheaval in changes if MM stays. However, one decent performance does not detract from the fact we have been woeful for more than 18 months. I would imagine statistically we must be bottom of the league for ball retention, passing, shots on and off target etc. I'm still sticking with my stand that I won't be going, until there is significant improvement and possibly changes. Regardless of what MM thinks, I still want to pay my money and be entertained with a decent style of football. Instead of looking at our line up thinking are we actually looking to attack this game with two defensive midfielders at home? I just don't believe he is capable of delivering what I crave. Lets see how we fare against Rotherham, that should be an acid test or was the performance against Newcastle a one off!
In addition, I'm expecting ME to make more effort to reconnect the fans and the club. There seems a large void at the moment and some mending of bridges needs to come from Ipswich to entice us back and that needs to come from Mr Evans. The summer could be very interesting. On the other hand we are talking about Ipswich Town and If there is the opportunity to be underwhelmed they often deliver, especially under ME!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Giving Mick one more go on 12:02 - Apr 21 with 1838 viewsmonty_radio

Giving Mick one more go on 11:51 - Apr 21 by christiand

From a positive it keeps continuity and a mass upheaval in changes if MM stays. However, one decent performance does not detract from the fact we have been woeful for more than 18 months. I would imagine statistically we must be bottom of the league for ball retention, passing, shots on and off target etc. I'm still sticking with my stand that I won't be going, until there is significant improvement and possibly changes. Regardless of what MM thinks, I still want to pay my money and be entertained with a decent style of football. Instead of looking at our line up thinking are we actually looking to attack this game with two defensive midfielders at home? I just don't believe he is capable of delivering what I crave. Lets see how we fare against Rotherham, that should be an acid test or was the performance against Newcastle a one off!
In addition, I'm expecting ME to make more effort to reconnect the fans and the club. There seems a large void at the moment and some mending of bridges needs to come from Ipswich to entice us back and that needs to come from Mr Evans. The summer could be very interesting. On the other hand we are talking about Ipswich Town and If there is the opportunity to be underwhelmed they often deliver, especially under ME!

When you say, "expecting" - in what sense of that word?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Giving Mick one more go on 12:40 - Apr 21 with 1791 viewsSWGF

Giving Mick one more go on 11:35 - Apr 21 by textbackup

Same sht again

Same here.

Going in with my eyes wide open. The previous hope that we'd actually provide some intent in transfer windows has long given way to blinding realisation that it's not going to happen.

And I retain the right to moan and groan about the appalling standard of the football I'm paying to watch.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Giving Mick one more go on 13:36 - Apr 21 with 1707 viewsFixed_It

Giving Mick one more go on 11:23 - Apr 21 by braveblue

Not very 'brave' are you?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Giving Mick one more go on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 1692 viewsclive_baker

Good on you. I think Mick should step down after these 3 games and walk away with some dignity in tact. He's done a good job on balance but to me he's not the man to take us forward. He's not the source of the problem, Evans is. But nor is Mick the solution.

At this moment in time I don't intend to go anymore, but I respect you for renewing. Each to their own.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Giving Mick one more go on 14:05 - Apr 21 with 1661 viewsJohnny_Boy

Giving Mick one more go on 11:27 - Apr 21 by homer_123

The dwindling crowds at PR suggest the majority of people disagree with your own opinion.
Giving Mick one more go on 14:09 - Apr 21 with 1644 viewsdavblue

Giving Mick one more go on 11:45 - Apr 21 by textbackup

At the end of last season I said this, and was proved right. This season was as pointless as many of us 'negative' ones predicted

You may have been proved right in that instance but he did deserve to start the season imo.

He could have been sacked at points during this season.
Giving Mick one more go on 14:40 - Apr 21 with 1619 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Giving Mick one more go on 14:05 - Apr 21 by Johnny_Boy

The dwindling crowds at PR suggest the majority of people disagree with your own opinion.

I think the dwindling crowds are in part due to the 16 consecutive years with very little to distinguish between them.

When Keane took over there was atleast the (albeit fading) memory of our time in the top flight and the optimism of getting back there one day. That has all disappeared as we trudge into another season safely ensconced in lower mid table mediocrity
Giving Mick one more go on 14:49 - Apr 21 with 1613 viewsClausThomsen

Giving Mick one more go on 11:36 - Apr 21 by homer_123

Not sacking an experienced manager that has overseen such a downturn hasn't been tried before - so it'll be interesting in that respect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024