Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Glasgow Blue 08:31 - Apr 24 with 5317 viewsnrb1985

You and others alike told us post Brexit that the EU was doomed to failiure and that its breakup was an inevitability.

Since then Holland, Austria and the now seemingly the French are all about to vote in Pro-EU leaders meaning serious bad news for Britain. We are going to be left on our own, a tiny island - p1ssing into the wind.

There is no doubt now in my mind the Brexit process must be stopped before we are blasted back to the 70s. We are heading for an even bigger detritus than any of us first feared.

EDIT: Oh and to add to this, the European economy looks like it's about to fly. All indicators and confidence surveys very positive. Another lie told to us by the right that the EU economy was on its knees.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:43]
FAO Glasgow Blue on 11:35 - Apr 24 with 1129 viewshomer_123

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:30 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

The Corbyn situation is probably the closest, but after the big unions threw their weight behind him, it was enough to tip the scales (plus he was the only one who talked about policy rather than just wittering on about electability and doing down the other candidates).

Brexit and the Republican-Democrat balance in the USA were always very close to 50-50.

Le Pen, on the other hand, has the deck very much stacked against her. The supporters of those ruled out in the first round wil now switch to one of those who remain, with the bulk pretty certain (from polls, interviews, commentators and recommendations by the defeated candidates) to fall in behind Macron - who already gained a reasonably clear lead in yesterday's vote.

See the second chart here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2017/apr/23/french-presidential-

Well given polls from the likes of Gfk had Clinton leading Trump by anywhere between 12 and 16pts I'm not sure you're 50/50 para is right Guthers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 11:43 - Apr 24 with 1112 viewsKeaneish

"Blasted back to the 70s"? Elaborate. "Stop the Brexit process"?. Please get a grip, your battle is lost. Embrace change and focus your energy into shaping something meaningful of tangible benefit rather than pithy doom mongering.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 11:52 - Apr 24 with 1096 viewsnrb1985

FAO Glasgow Blue on 11:43 - Apr 24 by Keaneish

"Blasted back to the 70s"? Elaborate. "Stop the Brexit process"?. Please get a grip, your battle is lost. Embrace change and focus your energy into shaping something meaningful of tangible benefit rather than pithy doom mongering.

Done that, I upped and left the country which has on the whole been an incredibly positive experience and one that was presented by Brexit actually.

I care more about my country though than I do about my own personal gain.
on 14:18 - Apr 24 with 1040 views_

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:16 - Apr 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 14:21 - Apr 24 with 1038 viewshype313

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:34 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Perhaps not

I can't say I'm overly fussed either way

But I personally think it's not as absolutely done as people think.

Never say never and all that

Le Pen and the Front National view 2022 as their breakthrough.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

FAO Glasgow Blue on 14:38 - Apr 24 with 1019 viewsreusersfreekicks

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:34 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Perhaps not

I can't say I'm overly fussed either way

But I personally think it's not as absolutely done as people think.

Never say never and all that

So you're not fussed either way whether a significant European power elect a racist President bent on closer ties to Putin! Worrying....
FAO Glasgow Blue on 14:43 - Apr 24 with 1010 viewsBinner

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:19 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

No. You made a claim, right from the off, that I wanted to see the away fail. Which I answered.

Your second paragraph was about how badly the far right have done in European elections. Which I answered.

You seem a very exiteboe chap. Calling me out in the thread title despite not being able to back it up.

And I have given literally dozens of replies to Brexit threads. Shall I just copy and paste them all for you or do we really need another Brexit thread?

Exiteboe?

Stanley Unwin's preference in the brexit debate?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

FAO Glasgow Blue on 23:41 - Apr 27 with 902 viewsfeelingblue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 10:20 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

He or she also forgets that the far left candidate, Jean-Luc Mélenchon, who scored just under 20% of the vote yesterday had a far more extreme policy on leaving the EU than Le Pen.

He or she also forgets that Euroscepticism was most prevalent in left wing politics just a generation ago with it's leading figures being Tony Benn, Michael Foot and a certainJeremy Corbyn.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 10:21]

Most prevalent?

I bow to no-one in my disdain for the egocentric Euroscepticism of Tony Benn, but Bill Cash, Theresa Gormley, Tony Marlow, Teddy Taylor, Nicholas Budgen and various other wierdos were just as much 'leading figures'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024